Question for Kennie

BANKIEBILL

44 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

BANKIEBILL, did you're delegate not explain the reason for the early finish? My understanding it was to align up for the pyramid.

Just to point out the EOS has its final game on 2nd May, so there would still be two more Saturdays free for Auchinleck fixtures if they had to finish for the LL play-off. However those might be taken up by the Junior Cup QF and SFs, the West Cup, or postponements.

Without floodlights probably the only way for Auchinleck's season to finish on time is if they play their five away games to the clubs who have lights in midweek. Kennie could also have scheduled Rossvale and Rutherglen as midweeks instead of playing on Saturdays.

Easiest way for Clydebank to extend their season is to win their West Cup game!

24 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Largs, Bens, Rossvale, Cumnock and Ourselves with the lights now. 

Don't think Largs have lights? http://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/largs.htm

17 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Just to point out the EOS has its final game on 2nd May, so there would still be two more Saturdays free for Auchinleck fixtures if they had to finish for the LL play-off. However those might be taken up by the Junior Cup QF and SFs, the West Cup, or postponements.

Without floodlights probably the only way for Auchinleck's season to finish on time is if they play their five away games to the clubs who have lights in midweek. Kennie could also have scheduled Rossvale and Rutherglen as midweeks instead of playing on Saturdays.

Easiest way for Clydebank to extend their season is to win their West Cup game!

Don't think Largs have lights? http://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/largs.htm

I sincerely hope we do well in the West but extending the season wasnt necessarily the point of that part of my post. If its to align with pyramid then im delighted. 

I of course know Talbot are doing well. If things are to be a more level playing field next season then perhaps any entrants to Scottish Cup will need to have access to lights - so they dont fall too far behind. 

All this said - is there still a possibility that we enter pyramid next season and top of Premier will play off for entry to LL ?

2 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

All this said - is there still a possibility that we enter pyramid next season and top of Premier will play off for entry to LL ?

There have been those in the Future thread that believe the SJFA are okay with the West Region entering on its own for 2020/21 and the East & North regions being sorted later.

I think most people see the Juniors entering the pyramid system as inevitable regardless of how 2020-21 might pan out. Surely those in charge of the fixtures will keep the West (Junior) calendar in line with the Senior one so that 2019/20 is the only transitional season rejigging the calendar.

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There have been those in the Future thread that believe the SJFA are okay with the West Region entering on its own for 2020/21 and the East & North regions being sorted later.

I think most people see the Juniors entering the pyramid system as inevitable regardless of how 2020-21 might pan out. Surely those in charge of the fixtures will keep the West (Junior) calendar in line with the Senior one so that 2019/20 is the only transitional season rejigging the calendar.

Excellent if true. Hard to get any concrete information but that's what i'd very much like. Keeping the current set up as a feeder system at tier 6 and below makes a lot of sense. Things wont change for most - although any licenced club will presumably get access to Scottish Cup. 

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Kennie can do better by explaining why stuff is happening. He can also try not to have teams finishing whilst other teams have 8 games left. I look forward to joining the pyramid and having more clubs have lights to fulfil licencing requirements. 

Basically folk wanted a fixture list so we have a fixture list. Like every fixture list things can change West ties , Scottish replays , postponements but we have what people wanted all along a first half of a fixture list up to Xmas and 2nd half until seasons end. Unlike his predecessor the man has done what was asked. Personally believe Kennie's communication has been excellent , he listens , he adapts , he gets the job done. Talbot have buggered fixture lists for years by being successful lol

I'd just like to add that these fixtures are not set in stone.

The nature of Junior football means that we all need to be flexible and prepared for any changes.

I'm waiting on the draw for the Scottish Junior cup to see if I can put in any 'Provisional ' fixtures in case of postponements, for instance.

I posted on an other thread way back in August about the successful club's and especially the club that enters the big Scottish and how it causes an imbalance in fixtures at the moment talbot are 8 league games behind the teams who have played the most games it's not good for the league it's not talbots fault and definitely not the fault of kennie . In the seniors the teams that play in Europe play midweek so that doesn't affect the league apart from moving games to a sunday. But in the juniors talbot have to play on a Saturday so therefore cancels league games and that's where the problem lies. I dont have a problem finishing the season earlier it just means you went out the cups early and the weather was in your favour looking at the fixtures till the end of the season I think kennie has done brilliant and congratulate him on a job well done. One other thing teams think their season is going to end in March because the fixtures have been posted we won't know that because the weather could wipe out loads of these games and you will still finish you season in mid April or mid may.

Edited by wow-wee

39 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

What’s concerning about all this is if we were lucky enough to get to junior cup final the second leg semi final would be first week in april meaning around a 6-8 weeks wait  to play the final , that cannot be fair or right for that matter 

But surely the date for the final has not been set yet?

And there have been many arguments put forward over recent years for why it should be played earlier than has been usual, so maybe it will?

But surely the date for the final has not been set yet? And there have been many arguments put forward over recent years for why it should be played earlier than has been usual, so maybe it will?

Yeah I am thinking SJFA may be thinking of an earlier date for Junior Cup Final for earlier in May this season so have more options to use a suitable senior ground that's willing to host it as SPFL season wont be finished yet.

Ultimately ONCE we are in the pyramid, if the Junior Cup still exists then it will dovetail with the league season and wrap in early / mid may.

Last season...

Highland wrapped on 27/4 but Cove won title on 13/4. No cup ties beyond league date.

Lowland wrapped 20/4 with EK champs on 26/3. Various Lowland cup ties went on until 26/5.

EoS wrapped 27/4 with cups going on until 1/6.
Penicuik won A 10/4, Bonnyrigg B 29/3 (though GD more realistically meant 23/3), Broxburn C 20/4.

SoS wrapped 10/5 with Stranraer SoS champs on 10/4. Cups until 29/5.

The Junior season needs to start earlier in order to finish earlier. The Seniors are playing friendlies the week after we wrap!

Edited by cmontheloknow

7 hours ago, Shannon said:

Yeah I am thinking SJFA may be thinking of an earlier date for Junior Cup Final for earlier in May this season so have more options to use a suitable senior ground that's willing to host it as SPFL season wont be finished yet.

Aye right. This implies that the SJFA listen to fans. They don't.

If they do, I'll eat my willy......and I'm not a big eater!

14 hours ago, Kennie said:

Just to give my perspective on the fixture related questions.

My remit is to produce a 2 part fixture list. Part 1 produced at the AGM from the start of the season till the end of the year. Part 2 produced by 30th November to cover the remainder of the fixtures including all those postponed from Part 1.

Last season it went reasonably well and I was quite satisfied that it had done so. The feedback from the clubs and supporters was positive in general and that was appreciated.

This season is however different and there’s a few reasons for that.

Last season – 4 clubs groundsharing, but not in the same leagues, this season – 6 clubs ground sharing, and one of the pairs are in the Premiership.

A non-Junior Cup taking preference over other fixtures. A great way of promoting the juniors and I’m all for it, but it doesn’t half cause me headaches.

The Scottish Junior Cup also causes headaches through postponements and replays.

I am aware that the last 2 reasons were there last season but this season they seem to have become more problematic due to the main reason for the way this Part 2 list has been squeezed into a seemingly tighter timeline.

The Pyramid Play-Off. My remit this season was to try and produce fixtures that would provide the Premiership title winner by mid to late April. To demonstrate whether it was possible or not. To let us see what changes we need to make in preparation for the West Region joining the Pyramid in season 2020/21.

An impossible task without utilising midweeks and floodlights.

On the questions raised and there has been a couple, firstly, let me point out that I am well aware that there are certain ‘glamour games’ and the implications of them. Everyone would prefer their games on a Saturday, so would I, but it’s not feasable. Secondly, let me also point out that I have 63 clubs to look after. I will not and never will favour one of these clubs over any other. It is not my intention to disadvantage any club.

Clydebank’s last Saturday home fixture is on 15th February their last Saturday fixture is away to Rossvale on 29th February. Without using the midweek facility their next available date for their game v Pollok would have been 4th April and v Talbot would be 25th April and that is without factoring in what would happen if Pollok and/or Talbot were involved in the Scottish junior Cup Semis on 28th March and 4th April. So, I think it’s better for Clydebank to get these games played.

Cumnock have also complained about their games, again it’s about Talbot. I have put both their games down for midweeks. Not ideal, I know, but would the financial loss cover the financial loss of waiting more weeks without a game? They have gaps between games already, but that’s a consequence of their facilities. These gaps may be filled though as we go into winter. Using midweeks for both these games was done for 2 reasons. 1) An attempt to keep them as far apart as possible instead of finishing with a double header. 2) If Cumnock v Talbot was to be played on a Wednesday, I thought it only fair and balanced to play Talbot v Cumnock on a Wednesday.

I know this is pretty long-winded, but I hope it shows what I’m trying to achieve and you can accept my reasoning.

Being the ‘Fixtures Guy’ doesn’t mean that I’ve lost sight of what it takes to keep a club going and all the problems associated with it. I’m still a supporter.

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Thanks for the explanation Kennie but we appear to be missing a fixture, Johnstone Burgh away which was cancelled earlier in the season? Since we have free Saturdays after March 21st could one of them not be utilised?

3 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Ultimately ONCE we are in the pyramid, if the Junior Cup still exists then it will dovetail with the league season and wrap in early / mid may.

Last season...

Highland wrapped on 27/4 but Cove won title on 13/4. No cup ties beyond league date.

Lowland wrapped 20/4 with EK champs on 26/3. Various Lowland cup ties went on until 26/5.

EoS wrapped 27/4 with cups going on until 1/6.
Penicuik won A 10/4, Bonnyrigg B 29/3 (though GD more realistically meant 23/3), Linlithgow C 20/4.

SoS wrapped 10/5 with Stranraer SoS champs on 10/4. Cups until 29/5.

The Junior season needs to start earlier in order to finish earlier. The Seniors are playing friendlies the week after we wrap!

Broxburn won conference c not linlithgow 

24 minutes ago, Taxman said:

Thanks for the explanation Kennie but we appear to be missing a fixture, Johnstone Burgh away which was cancelled earlier in the season? Since we have free Saturdays after March 21st could one of them not be utilised?

Johnstone Burgh v Yoker listed for 25th January

15 hours ago, Kennie said:

Just to give my perspective on the fixture related questions.

My remit is to produce a 2 part fixture list. Part 1 produced at the AGM from the start of the season till the end of the year. Part 2 produced by 30th November to cover the remainder of the fixtures including all those postponed from Part 1.

Last season it went reasonably well and I was quite satisfied that it had done so. The feedback from the clubs and supporters was positive in general and that was appreciated.

This season is however different and there’s a few reasons for that.

Last season – 4 clubs groundsharing, but not in the same leagues, this season – 6 clubs ground sharing, and one of the pairs are in the Premiership.

A non-Junior Cup taking preference over other fixtures. A great way of promoting the juniors and I’m all for it, but it doesn’t half cause me headaches.

The Scottish Junior Cup also causes headaches through postponements and replays.

I am aware that the last 2 reasons were there last season but this season they seem to have become more problematic due to the main reason for the way this Part 2 list has been squeezed into a seemingly tighter timeline.

The Pyramid Play-Off. My remit this season was to try and produce fixtures that would provide the Premiership title winner by mid to late April. To demonstrate whether it was possible or not. To let us see what changes we need to make in preparation for the West Region joining the Pyramid in season 2020/21.

An impossible task without utilising midweeks and floodlights.

On the questions raised and there has been a couple, firstly, let me point out that I am well aware that there are certain ‘glamour games’ and the implications of them. Everyone would prefer their games on a Saturday, so would I, but it’s not feasable. Secondly, let me also point out that I have 63 clubs to look after. I will not and never will favour one of these clubs over any other. It is not my intention to disadvantage any club.

Clydebank’s last Saturday home fixture is on 15th February their last Saturday fixture is away to Rossvale on 29th February. Without using the midweek facility their next available date for their game v Pollok would have been 4th April and v Talbot would be 25th April and that is without factoring in what would happen if Pollok and/or Talbot were involved in the Scottish junior Cup Semis on 28th March and 4th April. So, I think it’s better for Clydebank to get these games played.

Cumnock have also complained about their games, again it’s about Talbot. I have put both their games down for midweeks. Not ideal, I know, but would the financial loss cover the financial loss of waiting more weeks without a game? They have gaps between games already, but that’s a consequence of their facilities. These gaps may be filled though as we go into winter. Using midweeks for both these games was done for 2 reasons. 1) An attempt to keep them as far apart as possible instead of finishing with a double header. 2) If Cumnock v Talbot was to be played on a Wednesday, I thought it only fair and balanced to play Talbot v Cumnock on a Wednesday.

I know this is pretty long-winded, but I hope it shows what I’m trying to achieve and you can accept my reasoning.

Being the ‘Fixtures Guy’ doesn’t mean that I’ve lost sight of what it takes to keep a club going and all the problems associated with it. I’m still a supporter.

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Just a wee point here, as Townhead park Cumnock is a community facility with numerous organisations using the facilities, not just for football, will it be available for the game V Talbot  on Wednesday February 12th ?