Killie v St Johnstone

Very good point for us.

A good solid performance as well.  We looked like a proper football team again in the organisation, shape and the way we defended.  Nothing spectacular, and yes not particularly creative going forward, but exactly what we needed. 

Killie will argue they were flat, but we did a great job in not allowing them to not get much momentum going.

Against an excellent Killie midfield, you could argue McCann, Holt and Craig got the better of the battle.  Liam Gordon looked like he hasn't missed any matches at all, and Kerr looked much better alongside.

Thought Holt was excellent. And Kane did his bit for the team.

Well played Saints, now lets build on this.

On 02/12/2019 at 10:58, deadasdillinger said:

Glad all that meh derby patter is finally wrapped.

I fucking hate threads where everyone is agreed we are going to win, it gives me the absolute fear. For that reason, I'm not making a prediction. 

Looking forward to Wednesday night all the same. 

Called it. 

Eye-gougingly brutal. 

8 minutes ago, killie_lad said:

It really says a lot about St Johnstone that you’re able to take any positives from that game, genuinely can’t think of a worse game of football

A clean sheet and a point away to a top 6 club when you’re bottom of the league. Two positives for us right away. 

Hahaha!

Hope you had a thoroughly cold and miserable evening   [emoji847]

Err ok, I'm not being bitter, a point isn't the end of the world, we're cruising to a top 6 finish. I know St Johnstone are struggling and a point is a good result all things considered, but how anybody can watch a game like and have any positive thought is pretty staggering. You would have faced more of a challenge against a junior mob, both teams were absolutely embarrassing. They'll genuinely struggle to get 30 seconds for sportscene.

12 minutes ago, Super_J said:

How did Booth look slotting in at LB?

Like a left back rather than a wing-back I thought, so from that perspective an upgrade on Tanser in games like this.

Defence were much stronger. Liam Gordon being back certainly helped, he won balls Duffy's been missing and was just generally a bigger presence. Thought that McCann and Holt did really quite well sitting fairly high in front of them and winning a fair bit of the midfield, Craig solid but not sure he's really still a 90 minute player. 

Good subs from Tommy I thought. MOH gave him something to think about. Only real disappointment for me was Wright, he's just not the player he was despite flashes. Not sure how much longer he gets in TW's brutal new regime. 

We didn't miss May tonight.