Killie v St Johnstone

A decent side if you look at the league, maybe. That performance was one of a league 1 outfit tonight, pretty worrying for st johnstone that even against an absolutely woeful effort from killie they struggled to even create a half chance. And if you can't defend with 4 back while the ball is being shelled 80 yards to a solitary 5ft striker you'd be as well giving up

It’s staggering how you can’t see how a 0-0 draw is a positive for a side that got beat 4-0 by some other above average team from a west coast shitehole on Saturday is a positive. I don’t think many Saints fans will care how we didn’t look second best against a decent side. 

I know I'm certainly raging about us drawing 0-0 at the team 5th in the league on the back of conceding 9 goals to three fairly average teams in our last 3 games.    A ground where killie have only lost once in the league so far this season, and where we haven't scored a goal or taken a single point in over 2 years.

It's coming up a calendar year since we last won away from home in any competition.  Apparently this is currently our 5th worst away record for a calendar year in our 108 year league history.  We went into the match having conceded an average of 2.4 goals per game.

Yep, totally fucking unacceptable that it wasn't a vintage performance from us and that we've only taken a point.  Can't believe we're trying to take anything positive from it at all.

Edit: for the benefit of @SethXL this was sarcasm due to the killie fan saying he couldn't see how we could say anything positive about our performance on Wednesday night. It was an excellent performance at point for us.

Edited by PauloPerth

I know I'm certainly raging about us drawing 0-0 at the team 5th in the league on the back of conceding 9 goals to three fairly average teams in our last 3 games.    A ground where killie have only lost once in the league so far this season, and where we haven't scored a goal or taken a single point in over 2 years.

It's coming up a calendar year since we last won away from home in any competition.  Apparently this is currently our 5th worst away record for a calendar year in our 108 year league history.  We went into the match having conceded an average of 2.4 goals per game.

Yep, totally fucking unacceptable that it wasn't a vintage performance from us and that we've only taken a point.  Can't believe we're trying to take anything positive from it at all.

Well done on not reading anything I wrote. Any other team in the league would have beaten us tonight, but congratulations on the point

It was a good point,very good point away from home at a ground that we have have a dismal record at over the last few years.A clean sheet Liam Gordon getting a full 90 minutes under his belt and climbing off the bottom of the league....I'm struggling to find room for all the positives 

Why hasn't Liam Craig been involved over the last three months? Seemed much better with him back in there. He doesn't crunch into tackles but is an intelligent player and always seemed in the right position to tidy up. Really pleased for him and the team. 

Liam Gordon made a big difference, both personally and in the performance of Kerr. Hopefully he can stay injury free but let's not make the same mistake as in the summer, we still need an experienced head in January. 

Really, you could say something positive about virtually everyone. Booth slotted in well, Holt's technical ability shone through, McCann mixed it with Dicker and Power, O'Halloran worked back really hard to deal with O'Donnell and looked lively in possession, and Kane put in one of those performances he's capable of in leading from the front. 

Worth the trip. 

9 hours ago, killie_lad said:
9 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Well done on not reading anything I wrote. Any other team in the league would have beaten us tonight, but congratulations on the point

I get what you’re saying. Killie were poor and there for the taking and you feel we should have been looking for more. I’m just highlighting we have been so poor defensively that a clean sheet against a difficult opponent is still a big positive for us.

No matter how limited you feel killie were on the ball, your defence was still as solid  as usual and the two centre midfielders decent.  We went with a line up to be harder to beat, so not creating much of note isn’t that big an issue.  If it was against st mirren, Accies, County etc then yes that would be different.

Genuinely, and as unbelievable as this might seem, it’s right up there with our best results of this season. That should show just how poor we’ve been!

Pleasing to hear about all the positives, only worry is I've read most of the compliments before and then the next game it's back down to earth.

I've obviously not seen any of the game though, so if it's a different type of performance to our other good ones this year, then fair enough.

Can sort of see why Kilmarnock fans are trying to gloat about drawing if that's one of their worst performances this season, but at the end of the day our main focus has to be to stop shipping goals every time we face a tough opponent, there was a constant fear we'd concede and the game would be over, and it affected the whole team. This gives the whole team confidence now going into a huge run of games.

22 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Why did Killie sign Johnson, St Clair, Hendrie and Jackson? theyre never played 

also what happened to that boy Cameron that started the season playing, he seems to have disappeared as well

Cameron has been out for the last couple of months with a knee injury....

40 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Why did Killie sign Johnson, St Clair, Hendrie and Jackson? theyre never played 

also what happened to that boy Cameron that started the season playing, he seems to have disappeared as well

Johnson was signed as 4th choice centre-back and Hendrie as 2nd choice left-back - both are only going to feature if the first choice players are out, which hasn't really happened.

St Clair had a couple chances early on but is far too lightweight and doesn't do enough to impose himself on games - he could well end up in the Bright Enobakhare, Jorge Galan type category of uninspiring loan signings who disappear back to their club at the first opportunity.

Jackson came on as a sub as recently as the weekend, but is still getting himself up to speed in terms of fitness.

Edited by craigkillie

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Johnson was signed as 4th choice centre-back and Hendrie as 2nd choice left-back - both are only going to feature if the first choice players are out, which hasn't really happened.

St Clair had a couple chances early on but is far too lightweight and doesn't do enough to impose himself on games - he could well end up in the Bright Enobakhare, Jorge Galan type category of uninspiring loan signings who disappear back to their club at the first opportunity.

Jackson came on as a sub as recently as the weekend, but is still getting himself up to speed in terms of fitness.

Neither Hendrie or Jackson were even on the bench last night iirc. Was really expecting more from St Clair after all the hype about him a few seasons ago

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Neither Hendrie or Jackson were even on the bench last night iirc. Was really expecting more from St Clair after all the hype about him a few seasons ago

It looks just like that, just hype without his developing onwards. First time I saw him in a game was in the Toulon tournament where Greg Taylor also played and the penalty that he took in the game was woeful. All of our deadline day signings have been pretty woeful panic buys and I can only hope that we don't shite the bed in a similar manner in the January window when looking for reinforcements.