Killie v St Johnstone

9 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

3-0 routine killie win.  Anything from this game for us would be a massive bonus.

Michael O'Halloran dribbling round everyone in the stadium before slamming it home in the last minute to take all 3 points seems a lifetime ago.

We seriously haven't scored against them for 2 years...???!!!! 😳

Last time we scored away to them was that O'Halloran game you're referencing...

A rare missed home game for me - my great fun and absolutely compulsory works Christmas night out. They've built it around a meeting in Leeds to amplify the cabin fever. 

Taking solace in the fact that my absence makes us statistically more likely to win.

15 minutes ago, Estragon said:

A rare missed home game for me - my great fun and absolutely compulsory works Christmas night out. They've built it around a meeting in Leeds to amplify the cabin fever. 

Taking solace in the fact that my absence makes us statistically more likely to win.

I won't be watching this, or attending it, as I'm driving to a literal cabin in the woods on Wednesday night at around the same time. 

Absolute NAP our attack finally clicks and its a 5-1 melting out of nowhere.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Last time we scored away to them was that O'Halloran game you're referencing...

Remember killie being perennial bottom feeders and regularly booed off at home around then.

It shows how far they've come on, and how far we've regressed in a fairly short period of time.

Hopefully this doom and gloom is mis-placed, but I feel so pessimistic due to our form, and how solid and difficult to break down Killie are, that I honestly expect us to barely manage a shot at goal on Wednesday night.

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Remember killie being perennial bottom feeders and regularly booed off at home around then.

It shows how far they've come on, and how far we've regressed in a fairly short period of time.

Hopefully this doom and gloom is mis-placed, but I feel so pessimistic due to our form, and how solid and difficult to break down Killie are, that I honestly expect us to barely manage a shot at goal on Wednesday night.

Lee McCulloch as their manager that day, Stephen O'Donnell and Alan Power started on the bench.

Imagine if you told them that day a few years down the line theyd be one of the best clubs in the country and managed by the current Chelsea Assistant. 

8 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Are you saying bring Jody home?!!!

Hearing a rumour hes all set to be announced, interview was filmed tonight.

Spoiler

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.598449f3c5b53296c7c981de9e657d9e.jpg

25 minutes ago, DuntoiRab said:

thank you for this thread, oh lord, after last weeks car crash, 2-0 the mighty

Absolutely, after having a week of dealing with the self-described "patter merchants" this thread is a refreshing tonic. Having just watched Sportscene I noticed the amount of issues that were caused for Saints by headers so if we're not doing something to exploit that on Wednesday we're wasting our time.

I'm quietly optimistic for this match, and the odds will definitely be in our favour but I'm always aware of the potential to make a big hairy arse of these sort of games. If I had to guess a scoreline right now I'd go 2-0 Killie. 

8 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Absolutely, after having a week of dealing with the self-described "patter merchants" this thread is a refreshing tonic. Having just watched Sportscene I noticed the amount of issues that were caused for Saints by headers so if we're not doing something to exploit that on Wednesday we're wasting our time.

Don't worry, if you don't score from your own set piece, you'll likely score from one of ours.

10 minutes ago, ayrshire_nomad said:

This game is the type I hate, farmers take a pumping, managers job on the line, killie "should" win

Yeah, not confident

We're conceding over 2 goals a game on average over the course of the calender year, haven't won an away game in the calender year, haven't scored at Rugby Park for over 2 years, have kept one clean sheet in the league all season, and have shipped 8 goals to Hibs and Motherwell in 2 games, scoring 1 in the process.

Stop worrying, you'll thump us without breaking sweat.

I like super soaraway St. Johnstone, so, although understandable,  it's not nice to see their fans on this thread have absolutely no confidence in their team.  We've been there many a time.  It's not that long since the fermers were perennial top 6 fodder.  It'll come round again, lads.

I'm going for 2-0 Killie.