Aberdeen v Sevco Scotland Ltd

4 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Jayden Stockley is rattling in goals with Preston, and I would say that Cosgrove is a much better player. His goal record over the last 12 months is remarkable, but his all round play is also a thousand times better than Stockley's.

He was his own worst enemy last night though. You could tell from the first few seconds that he was heading for a yellow card, and after he got one he became more subdued and less effective. I was just happy that he wasn't sent off.

Generally I think that big Sam is a level-headed player, and I've been impressed with his calmness when faced with the physical battle he has up front.  Last night though he just set out to batter anything in a black/blue shirt. 

It's tempting to cheer that on, but we still need cool heads that last 90 minutes on the park. 

Honestly thought he was poor last night, and that was the type of game that would give clubs an indicator of his level.

3 hours ago, big al said:

I haven’t seen it on tv. So is it all edged to have happened in the box but ref gave it outside the box?

It's patently outside the box. Fucking miles. Besides cunto Morelos spends so much time throwing himself around I'm disappointed he even got a free kick. Later, a touch on the knee and the ugly fucker is rolling around like he's been amputated below the knee.

7 hours ago, big al said:

If Morelos should have had a penalty, it has to partly be his own doing. He collapses every time somebody goes near him so it must be difficult for a ref to know when it’s an actual foul.

Did you watch the game?

The ref gave the foul but got the position wrong and gave a free kick rather than a penalty, obviously fearing the bhacklash if he gave the correct decision. 

Edit.. Just read a later post from Al, should've read through the rest of the thread first.

7 hours ago, coprolite said:

I utterly condone throwing pies

It was probably you Reg.

Edited by bennett

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

Did you watch the game?

The ref gave the foul but got the position wrong and gave a free kick rather than a penalty, obviously fearing the bhacklash if he gave the correct decision. 

Edit.. Just read a later post from Al, should've read through the rest of the thread first.

It was probably you Reg.

Was at the game. Beaton appeared to favour Sevco first half but was surprisingly more balanced 2nd half.

Honestly thought Sevco were rattled 2nd half, especially the defenders. Also Kent was a big problem first half but dropped much deeper 2nd half which was perfect, not going to cause damage back there.

19 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

It's patently outside the box. Fucking miles. Besides cunto Morelos spends so much time throwing himself around I'm disappointed he even got a free kick. Later, a touch on the knee and the ugly fucker is rolling around like he's been amputated below the knee.

Correct so have no sympathy if he doesn’t get a decision, although I couldn’t have any sympathy for him about anything anyway. Horrible wee turd.

Was surprised how much Rangers resorted to the long ball in the second half as Taylor and McKenna were winning just about everything. Probably more a sign of Aberdeen doing a much better job closing the space down than just Rangers running out of ideas I suppose.

Just now, Romeo said:

I see quite a few **** are doubling sown on the "it was a banana line". It's almost as if they are trying to deflect away from something.

Saw plenty of it last night on twitter. The desperation for it to be racism on their part was pretty sad. Goodness knows how inconsolable they'd have been had Cosgrove scored.

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

Saw plenty of it last night on twitter. The desperation for it to be racism on their part was pretty sad. Goodness knows how inconsolable they'd have been had Cosgrove scored.

Why not just say that whoever threw the missile at Tavernier was out of order, rather than going on the attack and lashing out.....

27 minutes ago, big al said:

Was at the game. Beaton appeared to favour Sevco first half but was surprisingly more balanced 2nd half.

Honestly thought Sevco were rattled 2nd half, especially the defenders. Also Kent was a big problem first half but dropped much deeper 2nd half which was perfect, not going to cause damage back there.

Tbh it looked as if we thought that the job was done and they were finished for the night, minds on a meaningless cup game.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Why not just say that whoever threw the missile at Tavernier was out of order, rather than going on the attack and lashing out

Because I shouldn't need to. Unless you think the pro pie throwing agenda on here is so rife that we all need to clearly state what side of such a tricky issue we all stand on.

Just now, Rodhull said:

Because I shouldn't need to. Unless you think the pro pie throwing agenda on here is so rife that we all need to clearly state what side of such a tricky issue we all stand on.

Most people would say that throwing missiles at players shouldn't be happening, obviously you have a different opinion. 

Just now, bennett said:

Most people would say that throwing missiles at players shouldn't be happening, obviously you have a different opinion. 

I agree and it's such an obvious thing to state I wouldn't require everyone on the forum to say so lest I assume that they thought splatting players with food items was a good thing.

3 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I agree and it's such an obvious thing to state I wouldn't require everyone on the forum to say so lest I assume that they thought splatting players with food items was a good thing.

You were using the old attack to deflect routine tho, I've a feeling that if a sheep player got pelted by missiles you would be singing a different tune....

Edited by bennett

Just now, bennett said:

You were using the old attack to deflect routine tho, I've a feeling that if a sheep got pelted by missiles you would be singing a different tune....

No you're just a sensitive, paranoid mess. I shouldn't have to state the obvious to stop you getting your knickers in a twist.