Raith vs Airdrie

Hendry's injury is taking longer than hoped to clear up. It's now expected his time out will be somewhere between the initial prognosis of 3-4 months and the second opinion of 4 weeks.
Based on that I would be surprised if he is back before the New Year.

He’s back when the pain goes away isn’t he? He can run and do gym work, he just can’t strike a ball.

Raith Rovers unbeaten at home in the league but having put in some poor performances of late.

Airdrie coming off 6 straight wins and having won 6/7 on the road.

It’s delicately poised. Really hoping Airdrie put in a performance on Saturday and win but no idea what to expect.

Roll on Saturday [emoji815]️

On 02/12/2019 at 22:29, Broken Algorithms said:

Brad Spencer's dad liked a tweet of mine. f**k knows about Bowie's grandparents... get them on twitter too.

My mates budgies hamster had a cold apparently now this may not be 100% accurate but hammy herd there was an epidemic of sore ankles in the Fife region this week...... he also said a relative had said there will be no dancing in the Streets of Raith this Saturday coming. Strange eh !!!

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Miller, S. Anderson and Hendry all a good few weeks away from returning.

That's not good at all. 

Aye, it's a real problem for us. That's two of our our most consistent players along with an exceptionally experienced centre back. Miller has been a huge miss. We look a completely different team without his presence. 

9 hours ago, Raithie said:

TxRover will be along just now with his own physio assessment.

Just to keep you happy, JMcG basically suggested both Miller and Hendry are fit to run but not kick, 2-3 weeks....SAndo has a tear in the hip flexor, 2-3 weeks. I concur!

After a run of six wins on the bounce, scoring 19 goals and conceding only 4, beating Falkirk and East Fife, it's hard to resist feeling like something is going to give, especially when we have struggled to get anything off Raith in recent years. 

Airdrie undoubtedly good enough to win the game but, given we have Peterhead at home and Clyde away in the next two matches and given Raith keep getting results at home, a draw wouldn't be a calamity. Regardless of the result, i'm confident the airdrie players will give Raith a game and work themselves into the turf to get a result. That is, ultimately, all I can ask for. 

I'd expect Raith to improve their performances from the apparently poor stuff of late, given it's a top of the table clash and a chance to reclaim top spot. If we can sneak a wee lead, though, I'd expect us to see it out. 

Buzzin like a second hand fridge for it, regardless.

Ant decent pubs between the train station and Starks park?

The Novar, if that’s the direction you’re walking. Alternatively you can swing down towards the high street and there’s a few along there that you can pick n choose from.

After a run of six wins on the bounce, scoring 19 goals and conceding only 4, beating Falkirk and East Fife,

I didn’t realise your run had been quite that spectacular.

Well done Airdrie.

I'd expect Raith to improve their performances from the apparently poor stuff of late, given it's a top of the table clash and a chance to reclaim top spot. If we can sneak a wee lead, though, I'd expect us to see it out. 

Difficult to see us improving, our poor form hasn’t been down to key players under-performing, it’s been down to key players not playing and that isn’t going to change for Saturday [emoji31]

I’d be surprised by anything other than an away win.

It's a strange one. We've been on a great run and I think we're just determined to enjoy it whilst expecting it to end at every opportunity lol A win at Starks Park is a huge statement, would love it if we could manage it.

I concur with the guy above who says that he is sure we will run ourselves in to the turf regardless of the result. I couldn't have guaranteed that before but now I think we can and that's all we can ask. It's the platform that teams win games from.

24 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I didn’t realise your run had been quite that spectacular.

Well done Airdrie.

Difficult to see us improving, our poor form hasn’t been down to key players under-performing, it’s been down to key players not playing and that isn’t going to change for Saturday emoji31.png

I’d be surprised by anything other than an away win.

Believe me mate, I'm still struggling to accept it as a reality haha. Credit to Ian Murray and the players, sensational Month or so. 

That's encouraging, horrible time to lose key men to injury especially given the top teams all playing against each other, albeit i'd still expect the current players to up their game given the size of the match. I'd be absolutely delighted if they don't, though. 

Expect an interesting game at the very least! 

I think given our poor form, injury situation and most importantly Airdries excellent form – I reckon a draw would be a good result for us in the grand scheme of things. 

We have been playing very poorly of late yet somehow picking results and clean sheets up. Whilst some say that’s the mark of a good team, its probably more like a slice of good fortune, and that only lasts so long.

I’d like to see G. Anderson start so we have at least some kind of out ball. Whilst he didn’t personally play that well against Montrose, his presence really helps stretch the game out and keep possession away from goal. Its not pretty, but that’s the way things are right now. We don’t really have the personnel to play the passing game at the moment, so we need to have players who can mix it up a bit. The lack of a proper right back, and Hendry in the middle of the park, is pretty huge to be honest. Eliminates 50% of our wide threat, and we just don’t have that quality in the middle of the park.

If we can keep it tight as we have done lately then who knows, but Airdrie are a far better team than Forfar, Peterhead or Montrose. We wont get lucky playing like we have if we are to come away with a decent result.

Losing S. Anderson is a blow, but Benedictus and Davidson have largely stepped up of late, so I’m not massively concerned regarding the defence. I just don’t feel we offer anywhere near enough going forward right now to win a game like this.