Raith vs Airdrie

4 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Would like to see Smith try to lift it over the keeper there as I don't think he was ever going to place it past him at either side but I wouldn't hold it against him. Not as easy a chance as it might seem.

Aye, think if Smith had the chance for a do-over he'd probably try and lift it. As you say, the chance is a lot less straightforward than it first seems. Awk well, on to Saturday. 

On a side note, it's good to hear that Charlie Reilly's injury isn't as bad as first feared. It looked like it might have been a broken ankle at first but he'll only be out for a few weeks rather than months. 

Accies announced on twitter that he passed his driving test yesterday which I have to say surprised me! Can't be too bad then thankfully

I think (but don't quote me on it) it would only be reviewed if the referee puts it on his report to be reviewed.
If he thinks something has went on but hasn't fully seen it, he can request it to be looked at.
But things like that are very few and far between at this level!
Not likely at all seeing as the ref produced yellows to each player so in the eyes of the SFA he saw the matter and dealt with it.

8 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

On a side note, it's good to hear that Charlie Reilly's injury isn't as bad as first feared. It looked like it might have been a broken ankle at first but he'll only be out for a few weeks rather than months. 

Truly excellent news for the lad.

11 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Fordyce's red gets overturned. Don't really agree with it but more than happy with the decision! Will be good to keep a settled back line.

Mildly surprised, because it was a pretty cynical, professional foul, but fair enough. Shows the advantage of a level-headed player, I gues.

Mildly surprised, because it was a pretty cynical, professional foul, but fair enough. Shows the advantage of a level-headed player, I gues.

It was never a red. He clipped his heels to bring him down well inside the Rovers half. Not excessive force, no obvious goal scoring opportunity. I also thought big João fouled in winning the ball but it’s too late now. Glad Fordyce is available for Saturday.

13 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I think it's because the ref officially recorded it as violent conduct, and the review was on the basis that it was a professional foul, which is a yellow card offence, rather than an act of violence. 

Which I think is hard to argue with. It was a cynical trip to stop a promising attack. The rules, though, don't include that under the umbrella of violent conduct and so the ref's recorded reason was found to be unjustified. 

1 hour ago, Spanish Armada said:

Who the fucks the p***k on Twitter “Raiththerover”anyone know who he is and why he’s a fanny for wishing Charlie had a serious injury??

Apologies, that is appalling..............................we clearly have our fair share of eejits .

We can sympathise with our Lewis Vaughan situation.

Some folk should put the Buckie to one side before posting on here!!

Again, sorry,  hope yer lad gets well soon

Apologies, that is appalling..............................we clearly have our fair share of eejits .
We can sympathise with our Lewis Vaughan situation.
Some folk should put the Buckie to one side before posting on here!!
Again, sorry,  hope yer lad gets well soon

This thread is a borderline Airdrie / Raith lovefest.

Total opposite of the match thread with those Falkirk fannies a few weeks back.