Raith vs Airdrie

Question for the Airdrie fans, I notice Colin Cameron’s arrival as assistant manager seems to tie in with your upturn in form. I know it can be hard for fans to know the true impact of an assistant manager but just wondered if there were any noticeable changes since he came in? Does he deserve much credit for the turnaround or is it just coincidence? 

As expected, Davidson is a complete moron. That a 36 year old is still doing these things is embarrassing, frankly. Clear and obvious red, and particular thanks to him for doing so and leaving us short for a massive game next week. Great "leadership" from a senior player yet again. 

Think the Airdrie red card should've been a yellow. I can see where the ref is coming from as no attempt at all to play the ball was made, but it's a cynical trip you see many times a season to stop a counter. Not a clear goalscoring opportunity. 

Matthews I don't think you can complain about tbh - it's a lunge and when the ref has alrwsdy shown a disposition towards his red card it's only going to end one way. 

Not a penalty at the end either. 

Decisions all look to be correct to me. Raith ones are reds all day long, Fordyce is one you don't often see as a red but hacking someone down with no intention of playing the ball should be a red, and that's not a handball at the end. The lack of protests on the park about all of these is telling. It seems to just be fans and management teams who lost it.

Important that the management and players pick themselves up and move on from this. If we win next week it's likely we'll go back top of the league (or at least level on points). If you've offered us this position at the start of the season we would have bitten your hand off for it. The fact there was nothing in this game and that we are disappointed not to get something actually shows our level of improvement given we usually fold to a meek defeat at Starks. The style of play we have developed will work against most sides in this league, but against a better organised side like Raith we will need a bit more guile which we don't really have.

Going to be a really interesting end to the season, I'm still treating our challenge with hope more than expectation and despite Falkirk being seen as the big threat I think if anyone finishes above Raith they will win the league. I think they have the ability to grind out results when playing poorly that Falkirk and ourselves probably don't have as much.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

14 minutes ago, Michael W said:

As expected, Davidson is a complete moron. That a 36 year old is still doing these things is embarrassing, frankly. Clear and obvious red, and particular thanks to him for doing so and leaving us short for a massive game next week. Great "leadership" from a senior player yet again. 

Think the Airdrie red card should've been a yellow. I can see where the ref is coming from as no attempt at all to play the ball was made, but it's a cynical trip you see many times a season to stop a counter. Not a clear goalscoring opportunity. 

Matthews I don't think you can complain about tbh - it's a lunge and when the ref has alrwsdy shown a disposition towards his red card it's only going to end one way. 

Not a penalty at the end either. 

I think it depends whether it is seen as a trip or a kick. I don't think he's tripped him, I think he's taken a kick at him to bring him down when the ball is nowhere which is worse than just a cynical trip or pull of a shirt. Probably one of those ones that is somewhere between a yellow and a red.

24 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Question for the Airdrie fans, I notice Colin Cameron’s arrival as assistant manager seems to tie in with your upturn in form. I know it can be hard for fans to know the true impact of an assistant manager but just wondered if there were any noticeable changes since he came in? Does he deserve much credit for the turnaround or is it just coincidence? 

They changed the formation from 3 5 2 to 4 3 3 also same team plays where possible much more attacking since he came in. Yesterday was probably the worst we have played since his arrival.

Edited by Eric the half a b

So the ref had a good game then.

Bene was motm for us. Why davo got the fans motm when he has yet again let the club down is beyond me. I'll never understand why fans clap a player off when he's just made the task even harder for the rest of the team. He was having a good game up until that point. Matthews will be a bigger loss next week but tait has shown he can play a part so I have no problem with him starting. Watson also did reasonably well yesterday.

Still think the Fordyce red is dodgy. I agree that cynical fouls could be reds but only if a new rule is put in place that stipulates that. As things stand there's an understanding that players are taking a booking for the team and you can't decide it's now red card offence without letting players know.

Cold light of day and with the benefit of the highlights all 3 reds were correct decisions. Davo was high and wild, looked like Matthews got nothing on the ball and all of the player and the Airdrie man thought he was taking one for the team but raked it a bit and the way Mr Hapless with the whistle was behaving it was always going to be about how good he could make himself look.

Q. Is there no such thing as a foul throw anymore? Also two handed pushes and blatant handballs seem to be ok too!

Thought Bene was superb, Hutton is still an arsehole. Good win for us the type that I'd happily sign up for every week until May, or until my heart gives out what ever comes first!

Still think the Fordyce red is dodgy. I agree that cynical fouls could be reds but only if a new rule is put in place that stipulates that. As things stand there's an understanding that players are taking a booking for the team and you can't decide it's now red card offence without letting players know.

So let me get this right.

Both Rovers Reds are clear

Airdrie’s red is dodgy

Handball at the end is a stonewaller

And Airdrie were cheated out of that game?

[emoji23]

Also, the rule is in place that if he makes absolutely no attempt for the ball whatsoever, then it’s a red as it becomes malicious. That’s exactly what happened.

Ian Murray found

56 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I'm not saying that a cynical foul should be a red. I think people are viewing this tackle from the wrong perspective. He's not been sent-off for the 'cynicalness' of the foul. It's not like pulling a player's shirt to stop an attack.

He has kicked someone, running at full speed, while not challenging for the ball. As soon as you do that you open the door to either Serious Foul Play or Violent Conduct. Both of them refer to 'brutality' when 'not challenging for the ball'. Whether it is a red or not depends on the interpretation of 'brutality' or 'excessive' force (although when not challenging for the ball surely any force is excessive..). Like I said earlier I don't know the exact threshold for what equals these things and there's always an element of subjectivity, but I think deliberately hacking down a guy running at full speed could easily be justified as a red given the laws of the game. It can be cynical but also be a red card offence, it doesn't have to be one or the other.

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

So let me get this right.

Both Rovers Reds are clear

Airdrie’s red is dodgy

Handball at the end is a stonewaller

And Airdrie were cheated out of that game?

emoji23.png

Also, the rule is in place that if he makes absolutely no attempt for the ball whatsoever, then it’s a red as it becomes malicious. That’s exactly what happened.

The ref was dodgy however that was not why the diamonds lost we were not decisive enough did not plays as well as we have in recent weeks but long way to go and couple of game ahead where we should win while the second and third best teams in the league play each other next week.... wont be much in it Falkirk play some nice football Raith possibly tougher to break down

Edited by Eric the half a b

50 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

So Murray wasn't happy that the steward wouldn't let him st and at the mouth of the tunnel? Surely by now he knows you're not allowed to do that.

Not so much that as the stewards toe in his hole that propelled him heid first down the stairs.

12 hours ago, Growl3th said:

All 3 looked reds. The Aidrie player made no attempt at the ball. His only intention was to bring Victoria down. Harsh maybe but that's the gamble he took.
Still trying to work out why Dingwall was booked for simulation but the Airdrie player who blatantly dived in the box wasn't.
Never even remotely a penalty in the last minutes. I'm guessing Specsavers don't have a branch in Airdrie?

Spot on

Airdrie players theatrics after the Davidson tackle is laughable though

Incident in the first half where bowie was clipped in the box but he decided to stay on his feet,goes down its a penalty