Raith vs Airdrie

On the red cards:
  • Davidson's red card is horrendous. Utterly disgusting tackle. 
  • Airdrie's might be the softest I've ever seen. Never a straight red in a million years
  • Matthews was a rash tackle but he's a bit unfortunate to be sent off. I'd have said a yellow for that but the pace doesn't help his case. Hopefully we appear to get him available against Falkirk. 

Agreed, on all counts.

I can only assume the referee has viewed the Fordyce incident as a raking of the studs, but I think that's a very harsh view on it. It's a yellow and no more.

Matthews is a much more understandable one, particularly in a game that's already had two reds. If that tackle happens in isolation ten minutes in, it's probably only a yellow.

The handball in the box is pretty inconclusive from the video. It does look like he tries to bring his arms in close, but the ball almost certainly still hits them.

f**k knows what Davidson was thinking. It's unreal, even for him. I think the lack of proper argument, and the checking on his opponent, tells the whole story. That's not his usual reaction to a sending off.

Davo is a moron and the Airdrie one, although harsh, is dangerous. Matthews is never a red card.

as for the ‘stonewaller’ I was expecting a de gea-esque save the way Murray and the aidrie fans were going on about it.. not even a pen let alone a stonewaller 😂😂

Edited by Holy Marv

Why is there a disparity between when the highlights are available and posted on here and when I can view them by accessing the RaithTV YouTube channel via my TV? I want to watch the highlights on the tele but they don’t appear on the channel itself.

Those highlights are fucking delicious. Was the aridrie boy who got sent off the same goon who made a frankly hilarious attempt at trying to clear our goal off the line, allowing it to skip between his legs before falling over like a bowling pin?

Their red and Matthews’ reds are never sending offs. Can’t tell about the handball at the end. Terrific booing, though. Good to beat any shower who bring a union fucking jack to Starks.

Ahh never thought about an appeal. That’s a very good shout. With the squad as is for next week it would seem like a good gamble. But if not successful, does that mean it’s a 3 game ban?

That would be murder, especially as Regan doesn’t seem likely to be ready for the Dumbarton game in a fortnight. Decisions...

Purely going by the highlights Raith have got a bit lucky there, the ball almost deflecting off Mathew's before then going through a defenders legs is as fortuitous as it comes, I doubt the Raith fans will care right enough. 

I thought that both the Raith incidents were red cards, Davidsons is absolutely baffling, no idea what he's trying to achieve. Less sure about the Airdrie one. 

All 3 looked reds. The Aidrie player made no attempt at the ball. His only intention was to bring Victoria down. Harsh maybe but that's the gamble he took.
Still trying to work out why Dingwall was booked for simulation but the Airdrie player who blatantly dived in the box wasn't.
Never even remotely a penalty in the last minutes. I'm guessing Specsavers don't have a branch in Airdrie?

1 hour ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Ahh never thought about an appeal. That’s a very good shout. With the squad as is for next week it would seem like a good gamble. But if not successful, does that mean it’s a 3 game ban?

That would be murder, especially as Regan doesn’t seem likely to be ready for the Dumbarton game in a fortnight. Decisions...

If we appeal and lose, the ban is still 2 matches. If we appeal one, please make it Matthews, cause that one might have a chance and he’s more important for Falkirk than Davo. Falkirk are having a horrendous time in midfield, so it’s better to have Matthews back than Davo, as it looked like Watson, McKay, Bene and MacDonald will work.

8 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Anyone seen any details of the attendance? Didn't hear it announced at the match.

We usually get told around the 80 minute mark but nobody came to the booth to let us know yesterday. 

6 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

On the red cards:

• Davidson's red card is horrendous. Utterly disgusting tackle. 
  • Airdrie's might be the softest I've ever seen. Never a straight red in a million years
  • Matthews was a rash tackle but he's a bit unfortunate to be sent off. I'd have said a yellow for that but the pace doesn't help his case. Hopefully we appear to get him available against Falkirk. 

Davo - Shocker. He was brilliant up until that moment of madness. 

Airdrie's - Thought yesterday that he just tripped Victoria but he full on kicks him so the ref can certainly justify the sending off as violent conduct. 

Matthews - No malicious intent but I still think his studs were up. Add that to the lateness of the tackle and the ref could easily justify that decision too. 

Davo - Shocker. He was brilliant up until that moment of madness. 
Airdrie's - Thought yesterday that he just tripped Victoria but he full on kicks him so the ref can certainly justify the sending off as violent conduct. 
Matthews - No malicious intent but I still think his studs were up. Add that to the lateness of the tackle and the ref could easily justify that decision too. 
I've yet to watch the highlights back and never seen Davos in real time.
If after watching the highlights our red was for a full on kick then again, no complaints. They were taking after the Everton gomes horror injury of clamping down on those type of "taking one for the team" fouls that could result in injuries like that so it it was a full blooded boot then no issues with it.
Again I never saw the Raith 2nd one, really should have watched the highlights before posting again!
Excellent post.
Sorry your wee lass witnessed a defeat but I'm sure she'll enjoy many victories in the coming years.
Thanks for your impartial comments regarding stewards etc. Much appreciated. 
For someone that knew absolutely nothing about football before yesterday it was a novelty walking from Bevvy Park (in the rain) to the stadium, the singing, she even enjoyed a steak pie! She doesn't want to go to every game, but she will defo be back.
I agree about the atmosphere inside the ground and we did have a feeling that the team would keep the run going. IT was right to applaud the players at the end today for all their recent efforts,  It's only 16 games in and no one is running away with the league. Our next two games before Falkirk are winnable if we approach them correctly. There are some grounds where Stewards are a bit fussy but in general they do a good job, As to the "half time chuff" I do hope your wee girl is missing out on that aspect!
No half time chiff for her, she wanted to stay at the seats with her brother while I got her a pie and a juice!
All 3 looked reds. The Aidrie player made no attempt at the ball. His only intention was to bring Victoria down. Harsh maybe but that's the gamble he took.
Still trying to work out why Dingwall was booked for simulation but the Airdrie player who blatantly dived in the box wasn't.
Never even remotely a penalty in the last minutes. I'm guessing Specsavers don't have a branch in Airdrie?

Always a bizarre one, a player goes down easy and gets booked..... Same thing happens in the box, ref gives no penalty then SURELY it's a booking for a dive. One or the other

Thought both Rover’s red cards were justified from the video. Davo’s is absolute madness. Ross’s is more careless than malicious but he flys  in recklessly.

The Airdrie one is very soft and if it was the other way round I’d be raging. That said, he did cynically back him down when we had a cracking break on. Still probably just a yellow though 

The penalty incident at the end is never a penalty. 

The defenders attempt to stop the ball at the goal is the highlight though. 

Yeah the two Rovers red cards are probably warranted. Matthews was maybe a bit unlucky but he did go flying in recklessly.
For the Airdrie one, it's the sort of foul that should be punished by red more often I think, but which tends not to happen in practice. No intention at all of even trying to get the ball.
The penalty appeal was hard to say so I'm not sure Airdrie can say they were particularly hard done by there.

Can see why all 3 were given to be honest, Davo usual moment of madness. Mathews studs up and Airdrie’s was cynical, had he pulled his shirt it would certainly have been a yellow but as soon as you kick the legs out from someone you give the ref the decision to make and when the other teams a man down he’ll often even it up.

One things for certain it wasn’t a dull affair and some decent noise coming from both ends is refreshing. Not sure how we’ve managed to grind out results (could have nicked a last minute winner v Forfar) but getting results when you’ve got injuries and suspensions is a good sign.

Having watched the highlights I think all 3 sending offs were justified. Our “stonewall” penalty didn’t even look as if it hit the player’s arm. The goal looked as if the scorer didn’t even try to shoot.

incidentally , a couple of posts suggest there was an incident involving Hutton. What was that?

8 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Why is there a disparity between when the highlights are available and posted on here and when I can view them by accessing the RaithTV YouTube channel via my TV? I want to watch the highlights on the tele but they don’t appear on the channel itself.

Because we can’t schedule highlights to go live as a public post on YouTube, I have to physically be at the computer at midnight to make it appear, which I wasn’t at midnight this week. I can pre schedule a post on Facebook and the rovers website and that is why it appeared there.