Raith vs Airdrie

14 minutes ago, diamondman said:

And the laws of the game permit 'delaying' do they? Petty but still  a valid point.

I'm afraid you can't complain about delay tactics, Airdrie even get their "grown up" ball boys at Penny Cars, to take an age to dry the ball with a towel when an Airdrie player takes a throw, but only when they have taken a lead.

6 minutes ago, YoungersPaleAle said:

I'm afraid you can't complain about delay tactics, Airdrie even get their "grown up" ball boys at Penny Cars, to take an age to dry the ball with a towel when an Airdrie player takes a throw, but only when they have taken a lead.

Why you lot obsessed with the diamonds... chill enjoy your win and chill...... till the next time lol 

No complaints about the result tbh, nearly a full second half with a man advantage and we were devoid of ideas, creativity or threat.

I'm a massive fan of Callum Smith but these last 2 weeks haven't been his best at all and how he stayed on for the full 90 I'll never know. I can only assume Roberts had a wee niggle and thats why he was subbed.

We dominated the second half, bit in actual fact, didn't really threaten or force the keeper into a save at all. Punting it long and central was being mopped up sweatless by the impressive benedictus.
The time wasting etc, it's part and parcel, and I'd be absolutely lapping that up if the shoe was on the other foot.

That was my wee girls first game today and she loved the atmosphere, I also thought the fans were excellent today, very vocal and a clear backing of the team.

Just another wee "credit where it's due" I thought the stewards at Starks today we're excellent and having that wee smoking area for a half time chuff is brilliant and the guys stewarding it were a credit to the club, chatting away and just being "normal".

Really enjoyed that today. 

That was an old school Mcglynn masterclass in how to see a game out. We were the better side with 11, and played the perfect way with 10 men. Stayed compact and forced Airdrie to go direct. 

Airdrie were poor. I really feared for us going down to 10 men, but Airdrie had no idea how to break us down at all. 

Great spirit on show, that's what Mcglynn is best at. Getting that type of togetherness out of the team. 

First two red cards correct, but harsh on Mathews I felt. 

Good atmosphere from both sets of fans, really does make such a difference. 

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Really enjoyed that today. 

That was an old school Mcglynn masterclass in how to see a game out. We were the better side with 11, and played the perfect way with 10 men. Stayed compact and forced Airdrie to go direct. 

Airdrie were poor. I really feared for us going down to 10 men, but Airdrie had no idea how to break us down at all. 

Great spirit on show, that's what Mcglynn is best at. Getting that type of togetherness out of the team. 

First two red cards correct, but harsh on Mathews I felt. 

Good atmosphere from both sets of fans, really does make such a difference. 

And considering what a day it was to watch footie.... oh for summer football 

10 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

No complaints about the result tbh, nearly a full second half with a man advantage and we were devoid of ideas, creativity or threat.

I'm a massive fan of Callum Smith but these last 2 weeks haven't been his best at all and how he stayed on for the full 90 I'll never know. I can only assume Roberts had a wee niggle and thats why he was subbed.

We dominated the second half, bit in actual fact, didn't really threaten or force the keeper into a save at all. Punting it long and central was being mopped up sweatless by the impressive benedictus.
The time wasting etc, it's part and parcel, and I'd be absolutely lapping that up if the shoe was on the other foot.

That was my wee girls first game today and she loved the atmosphere, I also thought the fans were excellent today, very vocal and a clear backing of the team.

Just another wee "credit where it's due" I thought the stewards at Starks today we're excellent and having that wee smoking area for a half time chuff is brilliant and the guys stewarding it were a credit to the club, chatting away and just being "normal".

Excellent post.

Sorry your wee lass witnessed a defeat but I'm sure she'll enjoy many victories in the coming years.

Thanks for your impartial comments regarding stewards etc. Much appreciated. 

2 hours ago, pantene proV said:

Great Post mate. Totally agree with you. 

Those long throws aren't really that long, fast enough or accurate though are they? Not one created any proper openings I thought 

As others have said he was not quite getting a long enough run up and once Raith sussed it they always had 2 on Crighton. It also slows down a quick throw and allows defence to set up. It has worked but we need to vary it. Had we equalised which might have been deserved on the "Stats" today I think both sets of fans could have gone home content, but once again it was me suffering .

19 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I agree about the atmosphere inside the ground and we did have a feeling that the team would keep the run going. IT was right to applaud the players at the end today for all their recent efforts,  It's only 16 games in and no one is running away with the league. Our next two games before Falkirk are winnable if we approach them correctly. There are some grounds where Stewards are a bit fussy but in general they do a good job, As to the "half time chuff" I do hope your wee girl is missing out on that aspect!

What i thought was strange when you continually tried long throw ins when clearly it didnt work when really with a man advantage you should have played it short

As others have said he was not quite getting a long enough run up and once Raith sussed it they always had 2 on Crighton. It also slows down a quick throw and allows defence to set up. It has worked but we need to vary it. Had we equalised which might have been deserved on the "Stats" today I think both sets of fans could have gone home content, but once again it was me suffering .

1 hour ago, diamondman said:

And the laws of the game permit 'delaying' do they? Petty but still  a valid point.

Absolutely not. The ref should have warned and then cautioned the Rovers as they over did it, but the basic purpose of talking to the Airdrie players about it is to deescalate the situation. If they feel the ref is seeing the issue and adding time, and they see the ref talking to the Rovers, the shoving and the Hutton fiasco don’t occur.

Edited by TxRover

On the red cards:

• Davidson's red card is horrendous. Utterly disgusting tackle. 
  • Airdrie's might be the softest I've ever seen. Never a straight red in a million years
  • Matthews was a rash tackle but he's a bit unfortunate to be sent off. I'd have said a yellow for that but the pace doesn't help his case. Hopefully we appear to get him available against Falkirk.