Raith vs Airdrie

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I hear there’s a group of sad airdrie losers trying to fight outside the south stand. Fucking pathetic.

Hope they’re hurting like f**k the whole way home.

Yeah not to mention the rovers fans who ran by the away end. Shouting abuse and provocation. Not point scoring but your fans are just as bad. So shut up.

Yeah not to mention the rovers fans who ran by the away end. Shouting abuse and provocation. Not point scoring but your fans are just as bad. So shut up.

What was he shouting? Get it right up you? We’re top of the league and you’re no? Are you Clydebank in disguise? Asking for a mate...

First it is only the result that counts and our Raith hoodoo continues to produce no wins in the last 16. Raith might well have scored in the early minutes as we looked a bit out of sorts. The post saved us and we did get back into a very even game. We were not quite as good as recently but Raith had the right set up and competed better than EF last week. I thought the Bowie guy gave our CBs a hard shift until he tired in the second half as Raith went down to 10. We created one really good move in the first half but Callum Smith should have done better-he works tirelessly but being clean through seems to catch him out. McDonald was bound to get at least one cross in and Matthews just reacted quicker. The Red card for Davidson was well merited from my view in the North Stand in that he did kick Roberts very high up on the leg. Given his history it might not surprise anyone that he "has that in him". To be fair to Raith they did a great back to the walls job and they are not the first team to dally over various situations. The problem for Airdrie was that we seemed to think that the same old long throw would gain an opening. It was hard to break down Raith but the action was all around the centre rather than wing attacks (like McDonald cross). It looked as if the pressure might tell and I can't fault them for the sheer effort but it was one of those days. The Fordyce Red card seemed harsh but we can get a closer look tomorrow no doubt-it has to be a case of endangering an opponent which is what did for Matthews.  The tackle on Reilly was a late one but it was far away from me to judge it and the Lino was close.  there was so much happening at the last minute "penalty" cry that I am not sure. This is a tight league with no obvious Champions so it's all to play for next week and no one wins the League in December.  Ian Murray must now have a worse disciplinary record than the players but I can understand his frustrations today.

20 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

First it is only the result that counts and our Raith hoodoo continues to produce no wins in the last 16. Raith might well have scored in the early minutes as we looked a bit out of sorts. The post saved us and we did get back into a very even game. We were not quite as good as recently but Raith had the right set up and competed better than EF last week. I thought the Bowie guy gave our CBs a hard shift until he tired in the second half as Raith went down to 10. We created one really good move in the first half but Callum Smith should have done better-he works tirelessly but being clean through seems to catch him out. McDonald was bound to get at least one cross in and Matthews just reacted quicker. The Red card for Davidson was well merited from my view in the North Stand in that he did kick Roberts very high up on the leg. Given his history it might not surprise anyone that he "has that in him". To be fair to Raith they did a great back to the walls job and they are not the first team to dally over various situations. The problem for Airdrie was that we seemed to think that the same old long throw would gain an opening. It was hard to break down Raith but the action was all around the centre rather than wing attacks (like McDonald cross). It looked as if the pressure might tell and I can't fault them for the sheer effort but it was one of those days. The Fordyce Red card seemed harsh but we can get a closer look tomorrow no doubt-it has to be a case of endangering an opponent which is what did for Matthews.  The tackle on Reilly was a late one but it was far away from me to judge it and the Lino was close.  there was so much happening at the last minute "penalty" cry that I am not sure. This is a tight league with no obvious Champions so it's all to play for next week and no one wins the League in December.  Ian Murray must now have a worse disciplinary record than the players but I can understand his frustrations today.

Great Post mate. Totally agree with you. 

Those long throws aren't really that long, fast enough or accurate though are they? Not one created any proper openings I thought 

38 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
42 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:
I did say the had two keepers. We were not at our best was not impressed but Raith at all 

Come back when we've got the 5 starters who were missing today and you can donate yet another 3 points. You absolute circus clown.

You had two officials helping you. Always value opinions from a sad individual or p--- 

Edited by Eric the half a b
Typo

7 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Regarding the reds:

Didn't see Davo's. 

Airdrie one was one of those 'take one for the team' yellow cards unless I missed the boy raking his studs down Victoria's leg. 

Matthew's one looked studs up and I wasn't surprised to see the ref flash red again. 

Watching on the TV, no argument on either Davo or Matthews reds. The first Airdrie red was borderline but not unfair, and the tackle that injured their player did’t look out of line.

Biggest complaint was that after a pretty decent game, the ref let it blow up because of his ignoring little items. The Airdrie players, a couple in particular, were shoving and grabbing to get the ball when Rovers were delaying. If the ref had warned them when it first started and told them he was adding the delay onto the clock, a lot of the fiasco with Hutton would have been avoided. He basically allowed too much to go on, and it spiraled out of control at the end when Airdrie felt hard done with the injury. It was an enjoyable game, if not a tactical skill fest.

Edited by TxRover

5 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Those long throws aren't really that long, fast enough or accurate though are they? Not one created any proper openings I thought 

After watching the Cup game with those real long throws from that Irish lad, I was disappointed to see those today called long throws. They are an effective tactic, and we could use someone with that ability.

The ref was probably a bit harsh with his cards. On a slippery surface like today, sliding tackles were always going to be harder to time. I definitely think he got the Airdrie one wrong. Think he was trying to even things up! As for the Spencer one on the boy that got injured, it didn’t look bad from where I was sitting, I think he was turning as the tackle came in. The highlights might prove me wrong though.

Had worked a bit recently but Raith seemed well set up to defend it. Also seemed like the advertising boards were close to the pitch and I don't think McKay was getting a decent run up which was maybe why he wasn't getting the distance. We weren't good enough in attack and it was all a bit route one today