Raith vs Airdrie

Well that was eventful. Brilliant result, we are nowhere near our best just now but the level of resilience we are showing is great to see and can only bode well when Hendry, Miller and the rest come back.

No complaints with both our sending offs. Davo’s in particular was sheer stupidity when he was having a great game up to that point. Thought the Airdrie sending off was very harsh. Looked a pretty standard booking to me.

Didn’t really see much improvement in Airdrie from our last game tbh. They look defensively solid and work hard but not much quality in the final third. It was a lesson in how not to play against 10 men most of the second half. They never got the ball down and try to pull us wide or stretch the game and test the full backs. It was long ball after long ball added to long throws. Bene was magnificent and we dealt with it well. Munro wasn’t overly worked in goal.

Looks like we’ll have 4 youth team players playing next week and 6 players aged 19 or under which doesn’t look particularly promising but a huge result today means we will still be ahead of Falkirk no matter the result.

52 minutes ago, basher brash said:

The behaviour of so called Airdrie fans at the end of the game was an absolute embarrassment, The actions of these clowns outside there bus was shocking a young rovers fan looked no older than 6 with his mother pinned against the bus with a fag thrown at them with the statement a dont give a shite if theres children you embred c**ts as they tried to challenge Rovers fans to a fight with chants of section B with young lad in tears! As for Police scotland not interested whats so ever.
As for the game canny believe this is the same side that pumped East Fife the week before a very close game with some shocking decisions and imo only ross mathews red card was warranted the other 2 were bookings. 4 clean sheets in a row but think we will struggle to muster a team together for next week

Fife Police are useless shite bags. A total waste of our taxpayers money. 

They are not interested in the slightest if it requires them to do some actual real work. 

That was a Mcglynn classic today. Proper backs to the wall defending in the second half.  

Looking forward to the highlights to get a better look at the goal and also the red card incidents. Watching them live I thought another ref on another day would've given yellow cards for all. Also I didn't think at the time that the tackle on the Airdrie defender near the end was particularly noteworthy. 

As daft as Davidson might have been, the missed handball seconds before was awful. 

All that aside a huge 3 points given events elsewhere and a cracking atmosphere as well once we went a man down. 

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

That was a Mcglynn classic today. Proper backs to the wall defending in the second half. 

Absolutely. Not pretty but fucking hell we battled for everything today and I absolutely love that after watching shitebags like Flanagan and Barjonasor the likes of Gillespie who would show up for one game and disappear for four. 

Fwiw, Fife police were alerted to the incident at the bus but couldn't look into it further as they had to keep the road closed. It was an unfortunate incident involving the kids, but there was plenty of 'Haud me back' types kicking about. More embarrassed for the fans who were kicking off than the police. 

42 minutes ago, inreganhendrywetrust said:

Just walked past Mathews and Mclgynn smoking cigars with Davo in tow.

I walked past the stone island reprobates shouting about section B. I would have buried the lot of them with one punch

Ur my hero ...not 

The officials were appalling today.  Did not no you had two keepers on the park. Even so interesting game not a dull moment 

We were not at our best today. However the two handed save by the Raith defender at the end merited a penalty.

All the sendings off were harsh but I am willing to make an exception for Davidson for the numerous occasions he should have been dismissed against us but wasn't.

I cant believe after all the things said on this thread no one has mentioned the absolute worldie of a save right at the death... the ref was ready to give it as well!! We were pretty shite today though, plenty fight, nae quality.

2 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

I cant believe after all the things said on this thread no one has mentioned the absolute worldie of a save right at the death... the ref was ready to give it as well!! We were pretty shite today though, plenty fight, nae quality.

I did say the had two keepers. We were not at our best was not impressed but Raith at all