Raith vs Airdrie

A true top of the table tilt. As long as the game is played, one of us will be top next Saturday afternoon. Airdrie very much on form, Raith stuttering a bit but always better at home. I’d love to predict a Rovers win, but with some injury worries, and recent play, I’m less confident.

Definitely one to look forward to.  With us being top but starks isn't really a place we have enjoyed going recently.  A good win at Falkirk shows previous results dont matter it's all about the game on the day. For the first time in a while we will be coming with a good run of form. Would be good to get a win but both teams have a strong defence and are more than capable of scoring goals.  I'd settle for a point but with our away form could be taking all 3.  

All credit to Airdrie, what an incredible run of form and deservedly top of the league. This game however is a must win. If we have any kind of designs on winning this league. These games have to be won. We’re in shite form, but somehow getting points. Hopefully we’ll see some of our injured players coming back. Miller and Hendry, but caution on the latter.

Really looking forward to this one. Another strong performance from Airdrie yesterday we are getting better every game. Scored 10 goals in last 3 games. 2 games which were away from home. And one goal conceded which was an OG. Not to get carried away but hard to seeing anything other than an Airdrie win. However I would be happy just avoiding defeat. Hopefully a big crowd will travel again and replicate the atmosphere at Falkirk. 

Having seen raith yesterday, i would be disappointed if we are as poor as them. That said, they still won which is a sign of a team that is going to be near the top of the league.

Raith 1-2 airdrie and the section B to batter the raith fans for the second week in a row

Don't have the stats but I'm sure our recent record away to Raith is appalling. All our defeats there in the last few years seem to blend in to each other. I said after our win at Falkirk that I thought this would be the barometer of where we are this season. We need to go there to win the game and not even consider the 'a draw would be decent' mindset that we have had in the last few years, which I think results in us being negative on the park.

We wont be in this vain of form for this whole season, and it sounds like Raith aren't firing on all cylinders yet, so we really need to make the most of it while we can. All that said, it will be a really tough game, should be a cracker.

Just now, Diamonds are Forever said:

Don't have the stats but I'm sure our recent record away to Raith is appalling. All our defeats there in the last few years seem to blend in to each other. I said after our win at Falkirk that I thought this would be the barometer of where we are this season. We need to go there to win the game and not even consider the 'a draw would be decent' mindset that we have had in the last few years, which I think results in us being negative on the park.

We wont be in this vain of form for this whole season, and it sounds like Raith aren't firing on all cylinders yet, so we really need to make the most of it while we can. All that said, it will be a really tough game, should be a cracker.

If we want to achieve our goals this season at some point we need to beat Raith Rovers, It is a funny stadium Starks Park, I never think it is very intimidating but we always struggle.  Thinking back the last time we won at Starks was 2007 (is that right)  with England striking coach Allan Russell getting a double in the playoffs. With a certain up and coming Goodwillie starting g for the fifers..

1 minute ago, Passionate said:

If we want to achieve our goals this season at some point we need to beat Raith Rovers, It is a funny stadium Starks Park, I never think it is very intimidating but we always struggle.  Thinking back the last time we won at Starks was 2007 (is that right)  with England striking coach Allan Russell getting a double in the playoffs. With a certain up and coming Goodwillie starting g for the fifers..

I'm sure we won there more recently than that, I remember a 1-0 win with a Scott McLaughlin volley off the bar. Think it was when we were fighting with Ayr to avoid relegation. Still must have been around 2009/2010 though. Can't remember a win since then.

32 minutes ago, Starks Park Kdy said:

I remember when we were both going for the old 1st division back in the 90s, this fixture would bring in over 5k easy. Good games as well.

The only time the crowd got over 5k for an Airdrie game at Starks was that Scottish Cup QF in 1995. The one they pumped us 4-1. Crowd at that was 7130.

So this is what it feels like to be hibbejibbe! Feels amazing!

Very important game for us in terms of judging where we are. As said above we cant go in with the mindset of a point is a good result, we have absolutely nothing to fear from anyone in this league so I hope our attitude and effort matches that thought. Going by train for this one, seems like a bit of trek for me but I'm sure itll be worth it[emoji3532]

The last Rovers game I was at was the 1-1 with East Fife at the end of October. We were missing Hendry that day and it showed, but we were still competitive, the better team, and should have won the game.

No Hendry, no Vaughan and now no Bowie means little to no flair and having to grind out games, unless Armstrong can come good again. To be fair to McGlynn - Peterhead away aside - he’s managed to keep us on track with four wins and a draw in the five games since the defeat at Peterhead.

We could really do with the likes of Dingwall showing why we signed him or Gullan having a stormer against Airdrie.

10 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

The last Rovers game I was at was the 1-1 with East Fife at the end of October. We were missing Hendry that day and it showed, but we were still competitive, the better team, and should have won the game.

No Hendry, no Vaughan and now no Bowie means little to no flair and having to grind out games, unless Armstrong can come good again. To be fair to McGlynn - Peterhead away aside - he’s managed to keep us on track with four wins and a draw in the five games since the defeat at Peterhead.

We could really do with the likes of Dingwall showing why we signed him or Gullan having a stormer against Airdrie.

What's the issue with Hendry, he was a class above in the last game at Airdrie

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

The only time the crowd got over 5k for an Airdrie game at Starks was that Scottish Cup QF in 1995. The one they pumped us 4-1. Crowd at that was 7130.

So this is what it feels like to be hibbejibbe! Feels amazing!

I'd have thought there were more than 5K the day we won the title at Starks. 

Remember it well, roasting hot and as nervy a 90 mins as I've ever had. Topped off by a brilliant pitch invasion and folk swimming in the sea.

Halcyon days.

Remember it well, roasting hot and as nervy a 90 mins as I've ever had. Topped off by a brilliant pitch invasion and folk swimming in the sea.
Halcyon days.

Wish you were correct but we were promoted at runners up not champions. Falkirk won the league that year. Your right that it was a cracking day out. Here’s hoping there’s another one on Saturday.

Halcyon days.

One of the best Airdrie away days I can remember.

http://oldscottishfootball.blogspot.com/2014/09/raith-rovers-v-airdrieonians-1991.html?m=1