Queens v Partick

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Dont think we did an awful lot wrong today but still managed to lose the game. We defended well - Brownlie was MOM by a mile for me - and there was some nice football going forward.

Unfortunately, the two best chances fell to Kidd and McRorie, after a "worldie" in the first half, gifted two goals to Thistle

Gutted

This. It was all painfully predictable but Dobbie's absence or not we actually played pretty well for most of the game. Thistle started brightly and Robby made his "tv save" from Miller but after about 10 - 15 mins we dominated. Scored a great goal (whether it got a deflection or not) and had other chances. Sneddon was all over the place including parrying one Murray cross onto his own bar where it bounced twice and over an in rushing Queens player who would have scored if it had come down on the first bounce.

Second half was ok, Thistle still didn't offer an awful lot. At 1-0 Kidd had a 6 yard box free diving header over the bar which would have finished it. I thought we should have had a free kick around halfway in the build up to the free kick award which led to the Thistle equaliser. Not sure if McCrorie could have done better with the 1st save at the free kick or not. Would need to see it again. I do know our team were all standing like statues when Cardle ran in to poke home the rebound. At 1-1 we had a 3 against 1 attack where I think it was El Bakhtaoui who was clean in on goal and virtually passed it straight to Sneddon. We then lose a ridiculous goal where Cole is allowed to stride forward unchallenged for a good 10 yards and then hit one from a long way out which bounced awkwardly in front of McCrorie but he should still have dealt with it. It's a bad error and to be fair he hasn't made many in his time here. Even after that we had a free header from the middle of the box which was straight at Sneddon. It's very bad one to lose. We didn't deserve to lose it on the basis of the play but we chucked it away so criminally that you almost think we did deserve it.

25 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

How on earth do Queens manage to lose to the utter shite that we are?

This season, we have drawn with Annan at home, lost to Clyde and, only a fortnight ago, lost to Queen’s Park at home. 

3 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

How on earth do Queens manage to lose to the utter shite that we are?

Were you there? 🤔💛

Edited by jagfox99