East Fife vs Falkirk

I didn't mind them bringing on Telfer but I think they should have taken Sammon off (as he was pish) and pushed Longridge up front. We needed someone up top who could take the ball in and commit defenders as it wasn't sticking at all.

As far as performances are concerned, Mutch is the only one who played above average. I thought Toshney, Dixon and McManus did ok but was really disappointed in Doyle who I thought gave his worst performance for us so far.

Much better performance than the Airdrie or BSC games. We had a lot more dig about us today. The new shape looks fairly decent and it'll be interesting to see if we stick with it over the next few games.

180 goalless minutes played between East Fife and Falkirk now and it's not hard to see why. On chances, we should definitely have had that game. A belter of a save from Mutch and a chance that Dunsmore should be burying 9 times out of 10 but other than that, not much created.

To be fair, it would have been pretty hilarious if Dunsmore's big slice had gone it.

2 minutes ago, Etherglider said:

How did the mighty Falkirk get on?

Well, that's the point mate. We're not mighty (as we've got to remind folk every fucking week!!!), we're pish. It was a terrible game of football and both sides were dreadful. A draw with no points awarded to either side would have been the fairest outcome.

In front of the far side linesman,
In front of the near side linesman.

There’s two both from the first half.
In front of the nearside? One of those , where Falkirk player pushes Slattery. Slattery falls over, but that wasn't a foul, I agree. Falkirk player then tries to run over the top of Slattery who is lying on the ground, Falkirk player then falls to the ground simply because he really had nowhere to put his feet, there was no contact. Nearside lino the goes all station master with his flag, There was never a foul for any side, game should have continued

In front of the nearside? One of those , where Falkirk player pushes Slattery. Slattery falls over, but that wasn't a foul, I agree. Falkirk player then tries to run over the top of Slattery who is lying on the ground, Falkirk player then falls to the ground simply because he really had nowhere to put his feet, there was no contact. Nearside lino the goes all station master with his flag, There was never a foul for any side, game should have continued

Honestly, didn’t think the officials had a bad game. Thought the ref we lenient. Durnan could’ve been in the book earlier, as could your no. 8.

I’m the first one to give it pelters to a ref, and actually thought this was one of the better ref performances. Can’t complain, we were shocking. Not easy Fife’s fault. Not the refs fault. We simply are not good enough.

Felt the ref had a game of two halves.  In the first he seemed to give every little thing to Falkirk. Slattery slipping & colliding with an opponent, receiving a kick in the head in the process, only to get up and get a yellow for his trouble took the biscuit. This was only about 20/25 mins in. Second half he seemed to give us every little decision, but never made another booking till late on, they do say these things even themselves our right enough. Great to see Wallace back, puts in a power of work, the whole team has to be commended today for the work put in. Our corners were wasted today, the keeper got everything in the air. Bit disappointed with Falkirk, but a draw probably fair. That's 4 blanks we've had in the last 5 though.

Finally,  thanks to all in hospitality, great as ever. I'm told there were 150 in for meals.

3 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

I’ve seen nothing in the three matches to suggest M and M should be given the job. I think they’d be good coaches but I would rather someone with experience guiding them.

This is to big an appointment for rookies.

Nice of you to big an appointment for them

I’ve seen nothing in the three matches to suggest M and M should be given the job. I think they’d be good coaches but I would rather someone with experience guiding them.

This is to big an appointment for rookies.

Big appointment lolz - it’s a league 1 team currently sitting third.

A big appointment would be the hearts job in Scotland. Bore off ya mutant

5 minutes ago, inreganhendrywetrust said:

Big appointment lolz - it’s a league 1 team currently sitting third.

A big appointment would be the hearts job in Scotland. Bore off ya mutant

Much as I hate to agree with a Lino licker... I agree. 

26 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

If this league was anywhere near as good as people claimed it was, we would be tailed off already.

East Fife players regularly threading the eye of a needle from 60 yards :D  :D

Then that pass for Montrose's goal at TFS was said to be a regular thing, no luck about it! Aye right.

Aye, the supposed pish level of SPFL1 is why a full-time side are struggling to remain above mid-table

Edited by Angusfifer

8 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Aye, the supposed pish level of SPFL1 is why a full-time side are struggling to remain above mid-table

Just because a team is full-time doesn't mean they are automatically a good team. Clearly the players we have signed are not good enough or they simply do not play well together. I would say since week 3 or 4 most Falkirk fans had concerns over how we were playing, not long after that many of us were saying how pish we really are. This continual ignorance about what Falkirk fans really think about our team is verging on the surreal. I dont know any Falkirk fan who thinks we are a good team, how the hell could they? :D

It is the fact that Falkirk are so utterly dreadful, and yet still well in with a chance of winning the league that we have to conclude that the other teams are as shit as we are.