East Fife vs Falkirk

How anyone could applaud that at full time is beyond me. East fife deserved a win there and we were lucky to get a point.

I’ve given praise to M and M, but today was the first proper test against top 4 opposition. Whilst the last two weeks had seen mild improvement (in contrast to mckinnonball) but today proved that they are still no where near good enough. I’m happy to eat my words.

Can’t say I’m enamoured at the prospect of raith next week. If we play like that next week, then we will get routed by raith.

I’ve said before Doyle and Durnan are absolutely atrocious. Again, both were absolutely useless. The amount of times both lose the ball is unreal, and the amount of needless fouls Durnan gives away is unfathomable. The best player consistently was Mutch. Two outstanding saves.

Thought East Fife were there for the taking in the last 15,albeit they could have done better on the counter attack.

Disappointing performance all round I think. Some little spells of quick passing, but not nearly enough. Shows they're capable of it and hopefully M&M are working on producing more of it. Resorting to hoofing it too often though.

I don't think for a second fife deserved the win today btw. Draw was a fair result and they were hanging on a bit at the end. Plenty of time wasting at the end and only looking to hit us on the break, which to be fair they nearly did, but they had pretty much settled for a point.

I don't think for a second fife deserved the win today btw. Draw was a fair result and they were hanging on a bit at the end. Plenty of time wasting at the end and only looking to hit us on the break, which to be fair they nearly did, but they had pretty much settled for a point.
They had better chances to win it than we did tbf.

That second half was fucking shite a real Ray McKinnon performance and if it wasn’t for Robbie Mutch we’d have received a scudding. Absolutely nothing in our performance no attacking intent, no threat and some hopeless defending. The fact that our only goal threats were a 40 yarder from Toshney and one of their defenders slicing a clearance onto the bar shows just how toothless we were.

Thought Miller and McCracken got their subs all wrong today and I’ve no idea why they didn’t change the shape late on to try and get the points. As I said at HT Longridge was not in the game but wasn’t the right thing to take him off right after half time especially for the hopeless Telfer who then offered us f**k all except being a shitebag for the rest of the game. Should’ve been looking to take off Miller or that c**t Durnan instead and look to be more positive. Fair play to Robbie Leitch when he came on though created a chance with a brilliant ball right across the 6 yard box but as usual nobody was there.

Now let’s talk about Durnan. Now I’ve been one of his bigger critics this season but even I was surprised about just how fucking shite he was today. Constantly letting the ball bounce, getting caught in possession when he had loads of time to deal with it, always in the wrong position and then that terrible back pass in the second half which could easily have went in.

Just now, mic_17_uk said:

I'd settle for a point against Lolkirk. Mahoosive club and should be top 6 premiership.

Would have taken the 0-0 before the game but now a bit peeved as we should have won that, two TV saves from Mutch kept Falkirk in it!!!

Pretty poor first half with both sides lining up in a 3-5-2 and basically negating each other out, the game opened up a bit more in the second half and as I said those two saves from Mutch and another couple of pish shots from us after good work let Falkirk leave with a point. Not the best we’ve played this season but after the disaster of the last few weeks we’ll take it!!!

Referee seemed determined to not book any Falkirk players until they started taking men out and forcing him to do so and what was with the far side linesman, he never raised his flag once today except after the referee had made the award???

Anyway as I said two points dropped at the end of the day AND we are sooo much better when Wallace is playing!!!

7 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Referee seemed determined to not book any Falkirk players until they started taking men out and forcing him to do so and what was with the far side linesman, he never raised his flag once today except after the referee had made the award???

You're taking the piss right? There were at least three instances in the first half when the fife players wiped out a falkirk player and no booking. 

You're taking the piss right? There were at least three instances in the first half when the fife players wiped out a falkirk player and no booking. 

There really wasn’t!!!