East Fife vs Falkirk

Was that the same guy that claimed the standard of football in this league was of a really high standard ??

The standard of football in Scotland generally is dire( it’s why our national team is pish ) .the ball is in the air about 90 % more often than a English premiership game . It’s all effort blood and thunder stuff with real skill thin on the ground.
The first division in Scotland is not worth anywhere near the 12 18 quid charged yet me and a few hundred others will travel to a bit part stadium today rather than watch the premier league on the Telly
Why! Basically cos it’s some it to do and we all remember the good old days when we has a semblance of class on the pitch !
East fife and their part time squad should be blown away by a professional club but unfortunately we will be humping it just as much as them as we get dragged into a dugs dinner of a match . Bah humbug what a waste of time a load of old pish no doubt only fit for the old men and brainless youths who will turn up today,
I hope I’m wrong and we play fast attacking football on the deck and win 7-0 Guess I’ll have the answer pretty soon Please no more Durnan today - he drives me to drink !

51 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

The standard of football in Scotland generally is dire( it’s why our national team is pish ) .the ball is in the air about 90 % more often than a English premiership game . It’s all effort blood and thunder stuff with real skill thin on the ground.
The first division in Scotland is not worth anywhere near the 12 18 quid charged yet me and a few hundred others will travel to a bit part stadium today rather than watch the premier league on the Telly
Why! Basically cos it’s some it to do and we all remember the good old days when we has a semblance of class on the pitch !
East fife and their part time squad should be blown away by a professional club but unfortunately we will be humping it just as much as them as we get dragged into a dugs dinner of a match . Bah humbug what a waste of time a load of old pish no doubt only fit for the old men and brainless youths who will turn up today,
I hope I’m wrong and we play fast attacking football on the deck and win 7-0 Guess I’ll have the answer pretty soon Please no more Durnan today - he drives me to drink !

You say that £12-£18 is too expensive for a league one game? But how much would you expect to pay for such a game? £18 isn't a lot of money and Id expect some clubs are operating at the absolute minimum just to keep going. I realise that Falkirk are having a bit of a hiatus from their usual Championship haunts but if ever there was a club that needs to tighten its wallet its Falkirk.

6 minutes ago, Etherglider said:

You say that £12-£18 is too expensive for a league one game? But how much would you expect to pay for such a game? £18 isn't a lot of money and Id expect some clubs are operating at the absolute minimum just to keep going. I realise that Falkirk are having a bit of a hiatus from their usual Championship haunts but if ever there was a club that needs to tighten its wallet its Falkirk.

30 mins in and zero goals in the entire league.

You can kid yourself on it’s a brilliant league but in reality it’s fucking gash.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

30 mins in and zero goals in the entire league.

You can kid yourself on it’s a brilliant league but in reality it’s fucking gash.

Im pretty sure I didn't. Feel free to get as aggressive as you want but be careful you don't break a nail on the keyboard.

Some pish poor tackles unpunished by this ref.

Football has been pretty shite. We have had plenty of the ball and moved it about but theres no one in the middle looking to pull the strings. Its almost to the point id like McShane on to stand in the centre circle and pick passes. Miller isnt doing enough in there I dont think.

Hard to tell tho as I am RAF and bored

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Some pish poor tackles unpunished by this ref.

Football has been pretty shite. We have had plenty of the ball and moved it about but theres no one in the middle looking to pull the strings. Its almost to the point id like McShane on to stand in the centre circle and pick passes. Miller isnt doing enough in there I dont think.

Hard to tell tho as I am RAF and bored

Friday night out went well then mate !!

Durnan is an absolute bombscare, cant believe weve got another 18 months of him.

Thought we started well without creating any clear cut chances. We dont seem to know what to do in the final third of the pitch.

Dont think the midfield of Miller and Gomis is working. Doesnt seem to suit Gomis who's had a bit of a poor half.

Hopefully we get a bit more creative in the second half and the ref gets a better grip on it.

Meh.

Too many hopeful long balls still. Referee could have had his cards out a few times and hasn't.

Durnan has caused a few heart in mouth moments. I'm not usually a big critic of his, but he's been piss poor at times today.

Who missed the free header from 6 yards from a corner? That should have been buried. Chances daw and far between otherwise.

Positives...? There's 45 minutes to step up and start creating more chances. That's all I've got, really.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Friday night out went well then mate !!

A fair assessment.

1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:

Durnan is an absolute bombscare, cant believe weve got another 18 months of him.

Thought we started well without creating any clear cut chances. We dont seem to know what to do in the final third of the pitch.

Dont think the midfield of Miller and Gomis is working. Doesnt seem to suit Gomis who's had a bit of a poor half.

Hopefully we get a bit more creative in the second half and the ref gets a better grip on it.

Yeah, he is starting to affect my happiness. Imagine dropping Toshney for him. Fuckme

Pretty poor and low quality game that we’ve dominated but had zero end product. Neither ‘keeper has had anything to do yet, we look threatening from set pieces and looking decent when we get the ball down and pass it about but few players not at it so far. East Fife’s biggest threat has been Mark Durnan so far 3 times that big diddy has fucked up at the back and we’ve been lucky they were not good to capitalise.

Feel Toshney has had a decent game but he’s got to be scoring that free header and after a poor game last week it’s much better from Gomis today. McManus playing not bad as well but anytime he’s got the ball he’s been getting wiped out. f**k knows how the ref has only gave 1 booking so far. Longridge has been non existent so far and Sammon is having an absolute shiter everything breaking down when it gets to him and it’s painful to watch his pitiful attempts to head the ball when it’s clear he’s no interest in the air.