East Fife vs Falkirk

Never really heard from him again after he left us for Liverpool just read on his wikipedia page funny he finished his playing career at East Fife.

Irvine was the stuff of legend but only when he was in the same starting eleven as Crawford Baptie. That combination seemed to to be magical or calamitous. There were a couple of Forfar 6-4 and 4-6 games that were great to watch.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Purdie would be completely lost in the modern game due to the inability of keepers now to pick up passbacks.

Nowt to do with him breaking both of his legs !!

I am sure I will have an Alan Irvine player profile in a programme somewhere, I am betting his favourite food is streak and his favourite drink is lager.....no much has changed really !!

There was video of the Albert craig fisticuffs. Would love to see it again. 

Evans got sent off first and was walking towards the tunnel then craig got sent off and started running towards Evans who put a bit of a jog on then they met in the tunnel with arms flying everywhere.

There was video of the Albert craig fisticuffs. Would love to see it again. 
Evans got sent off first and was walking towards the tunnel then craig got sent off and started running towards Evans who put a bit of a jog on then they met in the tunnel with arms flying everywhere.
All I can remember of it was seeing Craig hurrying the red card along, running after him then the silhouette of arms flailing about. He was desperate to get to him.

On 04/12/2019 at 12:04, champions said:

The standard of this league is poor, as is the Championship, but that is the state of scottish football across the board.

With Rangers and Celtic about to make the last 32 of the Europa lge and our coefficient going up so we now have 2 Champ lge places, I could easily make an argument this is the best Scottish football has been in a decade. Even the National team are a bawhair from making the Euros.

13 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

With Rangers and Celtic about to make the last 32 of the Europa lge and our coefficient going up so we now have 2 Champ lge places, I could easily make an argument this is the best Scottish football has been in a decade. Even the National team are a bawhair from making the Euros.

Yip. Record transfer of a player from the Scottish league in the summer too, with a decent chance there are a couple of players who could break that in the next 12 months.

4 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

. The national team are struggling to qualify for a tournament  which is harder to actually miss out on than qualify. Christ Northern Ireland could qualify by winning two games ffs having lost the other 4 in their nations league group. If we fail it will be the lowest of the low for scottish football.Our coefficient is being improved by teams doing ok in the second tier European competition having been unable to get past the likes of Cluj to reach the champions league. We've not had a team in the champions league proper for two seasons now which is very poor.Scottish football is complete and utter dross.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

And there we have the problem.

In England for around 15 - 20 years they all sing from the same hymn sheet about how great it is.

In Scotland we have fans like this clambering over each other to tell anyone listening how shite Scottish fitba is.

What chance have you got.

2 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

And there we have the problem.

In England for around 15 - 20 years they all sing from the same hymn sheet about how great it is.

In Scotland we have fans like this clambering over each other to tell anyone listening how shite Scottish fitba is.

What chance have you got.

If Shadwell won the Euro Millions he'd moan about having to go to the bank to pay the cheque in. 

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

. The national team are struggling to qualify for a tournament  which is harder to actually miss out on than qualify. Christ Northern Ireland could qualify by winning two games ffs having lost the other 4 in their nations league group. If we fail it will be the lowest of the low for scottish football.ur coefficient is being improved by teams doing ok in the second tier European competition having been unable to get past the likes of Cluj to reach the champions league. Scottish football is complete and utter dross.

^^^ Yer faither's faither

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Something like 13 Scots playing regularly in the EPL as well. We're a long way from rock bottom imo 

Doesnt matter who they play for if when they come together they are dross.  Pumped 3-0 by Khazakstan is as much rock bottom as you can get.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Doesnt matter who they play for if when they come together they are dross.  Pumped 3-0 by Khazakstan is as much rock bottom as you can get.

That was rock bottom but we are showing some signs of improvement when the best players are available.
Admittedly a long way from where we would want to be though.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

That was rock bottom but we are showing some signs of improvement when the best players are available.
Admittedly a long way from where we would want to be though.

If hammerings by belgium twice and russia once are signs of improvement. 

1 hour ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

I remember in the top English league there would be about 13 Scottish players in one squad.

How many Scottish players are in the Rangers and Celtic first teams?. I don't think the standard has improved. Even at our level it's not great.