East Fife vs Falkirk

I kind of see both sides. The standard isn’t great in this league, its very hard to argue against that. There are some very good players in this league, and some sides capable of playing very good football. However you don’t really see either on a regular basis. Neither Airdrie, ourselves or Falkirk are particularly great – but any could be top of the league next week or at Xmas. We have been absolutely stinking for the past 3 games, and have won 2 and drawn the other. 

What I would say is that teams in this league are fitter, stronger, faster and more well organised than they were before. A decent side not applying themselves properly can find themselves on the end of a bad defeat. When we won this league in 2009, we saw a massive difference being full time in terms of fitness and won a fair amount of points let on in games. We have yet to really see that since our relegation a few years back. It should make the difference over the course of 36 games, but on a game by game basis its far less noticeable

In fairness I actually agree with many of your points, I have put my time in as Chairman of a Junior (now senior) club so certainly would not besmirch the efforts of the guys involved in the running of the clubs and supporters groups.
Where I and most other Falkirk posters have an issue is with the many posts, particularly early in the season, trying to portray this as a good quality league with decent footballing teams.
The truth is that it is neither of those, competitive maybe but in a lowest common denominator type of way.
It is certainly changed days from only a few years ago when we were going toe to toe with The Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in the Championship and Scottish Cup semi finals, then we really were watching good quality exciting football.
Every Falkirk fan recognises that we are where we deserve to be after three seasons of increasingly calamitous events on and off the park and we certainly have no divine right to go straight back up to the Championship but when we post our opinions on the quality of this league we are telling it like it is and no amount of "yous are shite as well" replies will change that reality.

No doubt the Hibs, Hearts and Rangers fans at that time were mouthing off that the league was crap.

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Is English your first language?

Look at what you are claiming I said.

"0-0 draws are an indicator of how shite a league is. That's what you've actually said."

Now look at what I actually did say.

"The cup results were just one example of how pish poor this league is, another example were the two midweek games last week that finished 0-0, but of course it was cold and wet and not ideal for playing football in."

Show me where I said that a 0-0 score is an indicator of how shite a league is and I will donate £100 to the charity of your choice.

I said that the two games that finished 0-0 as an indicator of which games I was talking about. There is not even the slightest suggestion that they were shite because it finished 0-0. 

I now see why you were struggling with it, your reading comprehension is abysmal.

This league has seen the leaders change hands several times & has 4 teams separated by 4points, the biggest margin it's been in recent weeks. We would all like to live in a world with every game being 4-3, with 40yard screamers and last minute winners. Unfortunately not many leagues are like that, no doubt we'd be moaning about not putting a consistent run together, or lack of defending. It is what you make it though. Falkirk are clearly at a level they are not happy with, these things happen though. Anyway this should maybe on a 'LEAGUE ONE IS SHITE, DISCUSS' thread. Can we get back to East Fife v Falkirk sometime before Saturday? 

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Shit in comparison to what? What is the Falkirk fan bench mark for good football?

Abysmal in comparison to Sunday league matches? We're getting silly now.

What level will Falkirk need to play at for you to be happy with the standard on show?

What has it to do with the Falkirk fan bench mark ?

Has league one destroyed you ?

I have absolutely no idea where this thread is going and what the point of the debate about the standard of the league is either.
Here’s a thought, it’s not as good as the Championship but not so bad that teams can come out of it and find themselves in the Premiership a season later either.

I'm lost as to what the actual fucking point is behind this 'debate'?

The standard of the league is about what it should be for a predominantly part-time third tier in a country of about 6 million people. Nothing to see

This is the worst pre-match thread so far this season. The quality is almost as bad as League 1 fitba, amiryt Falkirk bois?!

Anyway we're gonna have to improve massively to get something here. It can't be stressed how important Wallace is to this team. Without him dropping in and finding holes in a defence, Tonks is never free, Agnew then has to perpetually create from the middle meaning he's never free to drift forward properly and our offensive moves just become utterly predictable and easy to deal with. If Waldo isn't back, I fear a Falkirk win and probably a fairly comfortable one. 

We're a weird as f**k team though, capable of trouncing teams at the start of the year and then getting demolished by them in the reverse fixture. I know it speaks to the somewhat equitable quality of the league but if we're going to make the play-offs that kind of inconsistency won't work. Maybe it'll be the EF Galactico side that turns up on Saturday, who knows!

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I've still never forgiven East Fife for letting us have Dave Clarke.

To be fair we did get Gordon Marshall and did we not also get Stuart Burgess from them at the same time.

Also remember winning promotion against East Fife we needed to win or draw to go up and we drew 2 each, that pitch invasion was great 

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

To be fair we did get Gordon Marshall and did we not also get Stuart Burgess from them at the same time.

Also remember winning promotion against East Fife we needed to win or draw to go up and we drew 2 each, that pitch invasion was great 

That doesn't make up for a year plus of watching Dave Clarke football even if he did keep us up.  His tactics made mckinnons look like liverpool.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

That doesn't make up for a year plus of watching Dave Clarke football even if he did keep us up.  His tactics made mckinnons look like liverpool.

Fair point on that one.

8 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Think we had to win that day to go up.

Was that the game that Alan Irvine scored for you?

He eventually ended up at us and was brutal!!    

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Fair point on that one.

I mind him signing Nicky Walker on loan and playing him instead of Geordie Watson and he we never won a bloody game with him between the sticks.  He hen made the ludicrous decision to sell Brian Martin to Hamilton for peanuts.  Was one of the best defenders in the league ffs.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

I mind him signing Nicky Walker on loan and playing him instead of Geordie Watson and he we never won a bloody game with him between the sticks.  He hen made the ludicrous decision to sell Brian Martin to Hamilton for peanuts.  Was one of the best defenders in the league ffs.

I think we had been chasing Nicky Walker for a while back then, did we not, Interesting fact of no relevance to his footballing career his family owns the Walkers shortbread. (wikipedia'd it)

2 minutes ago, Pee Gee said:

I mind back then we had a habit of conceding in the last 10 minutes which if i mind right you did score in that time and it was backs to the wall to hold off for the draw.  Cant remember the scorers.

19 minutes ago, Pee Gee said:

Aye and Willie McGuire scored a cracker.  Irvine had electric pace when he was with us used to terrify defenders but sometimes it looked like he never had the ball really under control.  Got a great move to liverpool where he made a couple of appearances. He would be early 30's when he joined you guys and had probably lost all his pace by then which would mean he definitely would have struggled as thats what his game was all about.

Edited by Shadwell Dog