East Fife vs Falkirk

It is actually in Falkirk's favour this year that the league is full of shit teams. As dreadful as we are, we are 3pts off the top and conceding around 1 goal every 2 games. Can you really believe that we have only amassed 26 pts from a possible 45 and are one win off the top of the league? 

Although I see some signs of improvement since M&M took over, we do have to be conscious of how bad our two opponents have been, and the next three games will tell us far more in regard to progression. But, in general, we have been damn awful in most of our games, so why are we only three points off the top? Simple, the other teams are as bad as we are, and couple some are a lot worse! 

Maybe this is an exceptionally bad year and previous seasons have been of a much better standard, but anyone who claims that the standard of football in L1 right now is good should pop along to Specsavers.

On a side note, D. Young to save the price of a stamp and personally deliver his job application and CV to the Falkirk BoD.

10 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye but not really any further from the new stadium than the old one.

I'm by no means a Spurs fan, or an expert on their history, but  I'm sure the old ground's name was nothing to do with the street, but named after the long gone White Hart pub, that was beside the ground. 

11 hours ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

It is actually in Falkirk's favour this year that the league is full of shit teams. As dreadful as we are, we are 3pts off the top and conceding around 1 goal every 2 games. Can you really believe that we have only amassed 26 pts from a possible 45 and are one win off the top of the league? 

Although I see some signs of improvement since M&M took over, we do have to be conscious of how bad our two opponents have been, and the next three games will tell us far more in regard to progression. But, in general, we have been damn awful in most of our games, so why are we only three points off the top? Simple, the other teams are as bad as we are, and couple some are a lot worse! 

Maybe this is an exceptionally bad year and previous seasons have been of a much better standard, but anyone who claims that the standard of football in L1 right now is good should pop along to Specsavers.

On a side note, D. Young to save the price of a stamp and personally deliver his job application and CV to the Falkirk BoD.

If Queens had dropped through the abyss with us we would be fighting out for a playoff spot already. Its as simple as that.

The amount of opposition fans in the first round of fixtures hounding us for having the cheek to expect to do well this year is the reason for a lot of our fans jumping on the ‘quality’ of the league. We were told most of the teams were to a much higher standard than expected which has not been the case at all, with most being utter guff, including ourselves.

This doesn’t excuse some of FFC boys ripping the pish now, get over it gois x

12 hours ago, EFFC1938 said:

Scottish fitbaw is shite, we play in the 3rd tier of said shite, just let that sink in for a moment ffs emoji85.pngemoji85.pngemoji85.png

You do realise that the conclusion that has slowly seeped into your brain was arrived at by many of us months ago?

Just let the sink in for a moment, you are literally months slower than the average Falkirk fan, how does that feel?

15 hours ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

What are you struggling with?  I can clarify for you.

0-0 draws are an indicator of how shite a league is. That's what you've actually said. If we apply that logic across the board - all football, at all levels is shit. It's stupid.

14 hours ago, MrDust said:

Who is acting like Barcelona fans ?

If something is shit, sorry but its shit, the Palace v Bournemouth game has been shit, it really isnt that hard to grasp but the play leading up to the penalty in the Airdrie v East Fife game would make anyone's eyes bleed, swear added with a shake of their head, its that bad I have watched it more than once for kicks

A half decent team would have this league sewn up in January but there isnt one, which probably is the only good thing about the league for the masses that there isnt one

Shit in comparison to what? What is the Falkirk fan bench mark for good football?

14 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Standard is abysmal. Bottom end of the Championship isnt a whole lot better and ive seen better standard games down the park than the one league 2 game ive been to this season. Pretty depressing all told.

Abysmal in comparison to Sunday league matches? We're getting silly now.

14 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Nothing to do with being a Falkirk fan thinking the standard is poor. Any fan of football should be able to tell the standard is poor. And no one is saying there is a gulf between this league and the championship. As that is fucking dreadful as well. 

What level will Falkirk need to play at for you to be happy with the standard on show?

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

0-0 draws are an indicator of how shite a league is. That's what you've actually said. If we apply that logic across the board - all football, at all levels is shit. It's stupid.

Shit in comparison to what? What is the Falkirk fan bench mark for good football?

Abysmal in comparison to Sunday league matches? We're getting silly now.

What level will Falkirk need to play at for you to be happy with the standard on show?

It was thee worst game of football I've seen in many a year.  Queens Park were murder and won 3-0 so that tells you everything about how good Stenny were.  Standard has dropped remarkably over the years but even more the last few.  Some great football on show when we were fighting out for promotion with the likes of Hibs , Hearts and Sevco in the championship but its been downhill all the way since then.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

The standard of this league is poor, as is the Championship, but that is the state of scottish football across the board.
Actually find the 'shite standard' patter pretty tiresome. It is what it is and If you dont like it then dont go. 

So just accept the dross on offer or walk away altogether?
The game has a very grim future with this viewpoint.

The amount of opposition fans in the first round of fixtures hounding us for having the cheek to expect to do well this year is the reason for a lot of our fans jumping on the ‘quality’ of the league. We were told most of the teams were to a much higher standard than expected which has not been the case at all, with most being utter guff, including ourselves.

This doesn’t excuse some of FFC boys ripping the pish now, get over it gois x

This pretty much nailed it. I think Moonster has missed the context of our criticism somewhat.

The reality is that haveing watched what their is down here, our budget should be more than enough to blow it away. That piss poor management and execution has seen us not manage that doesnt change the fact.

Lots of "good wee community club" type patter doesnt change the fact that almost all of the teams are fucking torture.

We have leathered a few of them, but even in games where we have huffed and puffed like Forfar away, the opposition had absolutely nothing about them, and thats the opposite of what we were told it would be. We were told that type of fixture would be difficult. The reality of it was only our own lackadaisical attitude and negative arsehole manager made it any harder than it needed to be.

I love Scottish football. I watch it ahead of English or any other league. But I am under no illusions that any of the leagues are of top quality. The simple fact is people talked up this league as being some under rated potential cut throat nightmare to get out of. The reality is that most of the teams are fucking crap and the only way we dont go up is if we spectacularly blow it, because money talks.

Yes, it may not be the best football on show. Most of the clubs in the division have a similar budget, which is the same across most leagues, meaning on their day, anyone can beat anyone. Some teams will go on a run at some point and be right up there, or vice versa, us last season is testament to that and squad depth can affect that greatly.  The team with the biggest budget will have the most resources and bigger squad & generally will finish at the top of the pile. However as Dundee Utd in the league above & Raith in out league have found out if you have the wrong attitude you can get stuck. Surely having 4 teams all close at the top is more exciting that the days of a Gretna or sevco running away with the title. It may be that our own challenge is now starting to fall away, but we've done well to be just a point behind Falkirk at this stage. The bottom line is fans at our level support our team no matter what and on Saturday I'll be among the best part of 2000 doing likewise. I appreciate the effort the players put in for little wages & what the people running the club do voluntarily. We may be a dying breed, but it's what we do. One day scotland may be full of just old firm or armchair fans watching the epl. But life is much richer having people giving up their time for us wee diddy teams. Mon the fife. 

Edited by Life on Marrs?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

This pretty much nailed it. I think Moonster has missed the context of our criticism somewhat.

The reality is that haveing watched what their is down here, our budget should be more than enough to blow it away. That piss poor management and execution has seen us not manage that doesnt change the fact.

Lots of "good wee community club" type patter doesnt change the fact that almost all of the teams are fucking torture.

We have leathered a few of them, but even in games where we have huffed and puffed like Forfar away, the opposition had absolutely nothing about them, and thats the opposite of what we were told it would be. We were told that type of fixture would be difficult. The reality of it was only our own lackadaisical attitude and negative arsehole manager made it any harder than it needed to be.

I love Scottish football. I watch it ahead of English or any other league. But I am under no illusions that any of the leagues are of top quality. The simple fact is people talked up this league as being some under rated potential cut throat nightmare to get out of. The reality is that most of the teams are fucking crap and the only way we dont go up is if we spectacularly blow it, because money talks.

Much better put than myself Bairnardo x

There are some great wee clubs in this division, however their football is fucking mince. 

Scotlands football has a fast paced, blood and guts style to it I personally love, where it lacks in quality, it makes up for in passion and tempo.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't think I have missed the context at all. Seems that you guys had a different idea of what the standard was like down here and when you've watched it you've been underwhelmed, leading to some OTT criticism of the teams down here ("seen better amateur teams" being one example). I guess I just don't see what coming on here every week and saying "the football's fucking shite" achieves. We know, we're all part of it, just deal with it and enjoy yourself. 

I don't think I have missed the context at all. Seems that you guys had a different idea of what the standard was like down here and when you've watched it you've been underwhelmed, leading to some OTT criticism of the teams down here ("seen better amateur teams" being one example). I guess I just don't see what coming on here every week and saying "the football's fucking shite" achieves. We know, we're all part of it, just deal with it and enjoy yourself. 
But it was fans down here that were telling us about it for the most part and IMO the division has often been misrepresented by those who should know better.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

But it was fans down here that were telling us about it for the most part and IMO the division has often been misrepresented by those who should know better.

Most stuff I read about this league is along the lines of "a good team will piss this division", which rings true if you look at the evidence of the last 10 years. Happy to agree to disagree here though.

1 hour ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Yes, it may not be the best football on show. Most of the clubs in the division have a similar budget, which is the same across most leagues, meaning on their day, anyone can beat anyone. Some teams will go on a run at some point and be right up there, or vice versa, us last season is testament to that anscsquad depth can affect that greatly.  The team with the biggest budget will have the most resources and bigger squad & generally will finish at the top of the pile. However as Dundee Utd in the league above & Raith in out league have found out if you have the wrong attitude you can get stuck. Surely having 4 teams all close at the top is more exciting that the days of a Gretna or sevco running away with the title. It may be that our own challenge is now starting to fall away, but we've done well to be just a point behind Falkirk at this stage. The bottom line is fans at our level support our team no matter what and on Saturday I'll be among the best part of 2000 doing likewise. I appreciate the effort the players put in for little wages & what the people running the club do voluntarily. We may be a dying breed, but it's what we do. One day scotland may be full of just old firm or armchair fans watching the epl. But life is much richer having people giving up their time for us wee diddy teams. Mon the fife. 

In fairness I actually agree with many of your points, I have put my time in as Chairman of a Junior (now senior) club so certainly would not besmirch the efforts of the guys involved in the running of the clubs and supporters groups.

Where I and most other Falkirk posters have an issue is with the many posts, particularly early in the season, trying to portray this as a good quality league with decent footballing teams.

The truth is that it is neither of those, competitive maybe but in a lowest common denominator type of way.

It is certainly changed days from only a few years ago when we were going toe to toe with The Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in the Championship and Scottish Cup semi finals, then we really were watching good quality exciting football.

Every Falkirk fan recognises that we are where we deserve to be after three seasons of increasingly calamitous events on and off the park and we certainly have no divine right to go straight back up to the Championship but when we post our opinions on the quality of this league we are telling it like it is and no amount of "yous are shite as well" replies will change that reality.