East Fife vs Falkirk

10 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Yes, it's now artificial & no, it's never been 'New Bayview', that's just the silly handle the BBC seem to name it. You guys seem to have escaped having your new ground referred to as 'New Brockville' though. 

Only by the media.

I still hear people use that term.

Edited by Gaz FFC

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

To me you only really should be naming a ground the same as the old one or adding new if its built on the same site.  

Tis why we have no Brockville in ours due to previous being postal area being known as Brockville, part of me would like it to continue other than just in songs and memories but the modern world of cannabis oil stadium, Tony Macaroni, cheaper insurance direct etc etc show its just a name which will likely in time to come have a different name every season or two or so.

See Tottenham's await for naming rights to sell to the highest bidder, tho white hart lane also was a couple of miles away 

back on game, I watched the Airdrie v East fife highlights and going by highlights it didnt seem like it was Airdrie being Brazil but the play afore the penalty is the class we see in this league with hoof, hoof, hoof, hit it as hard as you can, hoof, hoof, bounce off x4 and penalty. 

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

I watched the Airdrie v East fife highlights and going by highlights it didnt seem like it was Airdrie being Brazil but the play afore the penalty is the class we see in this league with hoof, hoof, hoof, hit it as hard as you can, hoof, hoof, bounce off x4 and penalty. 

You guys really need to move on from this shtick. It's third tier Scottish football, stop acting like spoiled Barcelona fans.

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You guys really need to move on from this shtick. It's third tier Scottish football, stop acting like spoiled Barcelona fans.

You would have a point if we excluded Falkirk from our list of shit teams in L1.

There is nothing wrong with admitting that your team is shit and playing in a shit league, it makes you appreciate the good times when, or maybe that should be 'if', they come along.

What people should avoid is kidding themselves on that their team is not really that bad and that the standard of L1 is good because that means that the shit you are watching becomes acceptable and your club will never rise above their current poor standard.

I would defy anyone to say that L1 is a decent standard of football., the embarrassing efforts made by East Fife and Montrose against non-league teams are testimony to how bad this league really is. Perhaps it has been in a good standard in previous years, but this season the standard is shocking. But if people defend this poor standard the clubs will continue to produce it, why should they try to improve if no one is complaining?

16 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

You would have a point if we excluded Falkirk from our list of shit teams in L1.

There is nothing wrong with admitting that your team is shit and playing in a shit league, it makes you appreciate the good times when, or maybe that should be 'if', they come along.

What people should avoid is kidding themselves on that their team is not really that bad and that the standard of L1 is good because that means that the shit you are watching becomes acceptable and your club will never rise above their current poor standard.

I would defy anyone to say that L1 is a decent standard of football., the embarrassing efforts made by East Fife and Montrose against non-league teams are testimony to how bad this league really is. Perhaps it has been in a good standard in previous years, but this season the standard is shocking. But if people defend this poor standard the clubs will continue to produce it, why should they try to improve if no one is complaining?

I don't think the majority of League 1 fans are delusional about this level of football, but I do think Falkirk fans have a tendency to over-rate where they've come from, which has led to this derisory patter about the standard of this league.

If you want to use cup games to justify your stance on the standard of this league then surely Morton drawing with Brora is testimony to how shite the second tier is? Or Hamilton being pumped out by Annan a couple of years back would be testimony that the Premier league is also complete shite? That's all my point is here, Falkirk fans go on as if they've come from a footballing Mecca, complete with great footballers and free flowing football played on the deck, when the reality is that Scottish football really isn't a great standard across the board. Deal with it or watch something else on a Saturday would be my advice.

You complaining on a message board about the standard of this league also does hee-haw to change it, same with those who maybe over-rate the standard, they aren't halting progression.