Sat 30th Nov scores & talking points

21 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Good crowd at Rossvale v Talbot.

Big crowd up from Ayrshire and plenty from the local Junior world including our own Hillonearth taking pictures. Rossvale are a good team but Talbot are a class above.

It wouldn't have been my game of choice TBH because I'd been there just a few weeks ago, but was a much better tie than I thought it would be.

How cold did it get after that sun disappeared though?

8 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

It wouldn't have been my game of choice TBH because I'd been there just a few weeks ago, but was a much better tie than I thought it would be.

How cold did it get after that sun disappeared though?

Tried to say hello but as always you were on the move, H. Great to see New Tinto Park with a big crowd in it.

6 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Tried to say hello but as always you were on the move, H. Great to see New Tinto Park with a big crowd in it.

I was over at the stand side talking to a few guys I know for most of the game - LeedsPhil that posts on here one of them...you must have seen me just before the winner attempting to reach the social club without going on my neck on the frost!!

29 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

I was over at the stand side talking to a few guys I know for most of the game - LeedsPhil that posts on here one of them...you must have seen me just before the winner attempting to reach the social club without going on my neck on the frost!!

Correct i was the wee hill behind the dugouts. Went to say hello to and realised i couldn't chance going down on my bahookie. Never even knew there was a  path at that side of the ground.

1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:

Good crowd at Rossvale v Talbot.

Big crowd up from Ayrshire and plenty from the local Junior world including our own Hillonearth taking pictures. Rossvale are a good team but Talbot are a class above.

Yip slaughtered vale 2-1 !!!! ,  surprised Glens boys r not posting, be looking for them next round!

Edited by djorkiev
stick key

14 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

No doubt better team won but Rossvale got some good players , what a junior Graham Wilson is , never stops and fully deserved the winner 

Thought our centre half was excellent and our big Goalkeeper is just summit else, Up there with the top keepers in this league

Never a truer story of a game of two halves at Largs. Largs were the better team in the first half and took the lead shortly before half time. 2nd half Buffs came out with a new lease of life which was assisted by Largs left back getting a 2nd yellow and equalising from the free kick. Winning goal was a cracker from McWatters . 

Interesting how the Buffs celebrated at the end of the game, as if they had won something other than the match! Who knows this may well go a long way to winning the league, however they will have to play better than they did in the first half, the sending off changed the game. 

How are we meant to celebrate? We won a game on a ground where we usually come unstuck to consolidate our place at the top of the league in a game we didn't play our best in. Two reckless challenges from the full back fully merited his sending off

Never a truer story of a game of two halves at Largs. Largs were the better team in the first half and took the lead shortly before half time. 2nd half Buffs came out with a new lease of life which was assisted by Largs left back getting a 2nd yellow and equalising from the free kick. Winning goal was a cracker from McWatters . 
Interesting how the Buffs celebrated at the end of the game, as if they had won something other than the match! Who knows this may well go a long way to winning the league, however they will have to play better than they did in the first half, the sending off changed the game. 

Wouldn't say it was a game of two half buffs should have been two in the first ten minutes and were in full control of the game it was the last fifteen minutes of the half the game became more even and you will see it was a mix up in the defence and the goalkeeper being caught out of position other than that it would have been 0.0 . Yes you are right different team in the second half but we took a defender off and put on a forward and that pinned largs further back in their own half. The sending off was deserved and lucky not to have another sent off too as largs were putting a lot of late challenges in . In the end we won no matter how the game goes it's was another three points on the table and yeah we're going to celebrate we are on a crest of a wave at the moment and with next week's game against talbot coming up it going to be a cracker!

41 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

Buffs have struggled in recent times to get a result at Barrfields, it's not a happy hunting ground for us, hence the celebrations. Everybody at Buffs remains grounded despite finding ourselves at the top of the league. Our away form has been absolutely brilliant. It was a game of two halves, but we were deserved winners in the end. On to Talbot and a very tough game next week.

Edited by funky monkey

Wouldn't say it was a game of two half buffs should have been two in the first ten minutes and were in full control of the game it was the last fifteen minutes of the half the game became more even and you will see it was a mix up in the defence and the goalkeeper being caught out of position other than that it would have been 0.0 . Yes you are right different team in the second half but we took a defender off and put on a forward and that pinned largs further back in their own half. The sending off was deserved and lucky not to have another sent off too as largs were putting a lot of late challenges in . In the end we won no matter how the game goes it's was another three points on the table and yeah we're going to celebrate we are on a crest of a wave at the moment and with next week's game against talbot coming up it going to be a cracker!
That's how I saw the game too, Largs were only on top for the fifteen minutes leading up to half time. Buffs were the better side for the rest of the game and deserved the win.

10 hours ago, mightychewbacca said:

How are we meant to celebrate? We won a game on a ground where we usually come unstuck to consolidate our place at the top of the league in a game we didn't play our best in. Two reckless challenges from the full back fully merited his sending off

I agree that the full back deserved to go, at no point did I say he did not. The couple of a Buffs supporters that have responded need to stop being so sensitive. If the truth be known points on the board are better than games in hand. The Talbot game will be the acid test, a draw of victory for the Buffs would go a long way to winning the league. It would be good to see a challenge to Talbot, which they have done by by grinding out the result yesterday against 10 men.