Madden 20

Illgresi

Did a search, which was not fruitful, so I'm assuming there isn't a thread for this.

Anyone play Madden?

Anyone play Madden on PC? I've got to the point where I need to play humans to improve. All-Madden still beats me, but does it in annoying ways. I'd rather be humiliated by a sentient being. Perhaps I should see a psychologist.

9 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Did a search, which was not fruitful, so I'm assuming there isn't a thread for this.

Anyone play Madden?

Anyone play Madden on PC? I've got to the point where I need to play humans to improve. All-Madden still beats me, but does it in annoying ways. I'd rather be humiliated by a sentient being. Perhaps I should see a psychologist.

Probably better off asking on the NFL forum. There's definitely a few play on the PS4 but not sure about PC.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

I bought 19 a few months ago but not spent any time on it. 20 is on PS plus so might give that a go too.

I didnt realise it was still available on the PC. Last time I looked they'd stopped releasing it years ago

They started up again last year with 19, and continued with 20. Haven't played on other platforms, but it's perfectly playable. Enjoy a franchise mode myself.

3 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Probably better off asking on the NFL forum. There's definitely a few play on the PS4 but not sure about PC.

Appreciate the suggestion, will make a post.

Last one I played properly was 16. I've got the full version of 19 and a trail version of 20 as part of EA Access but i've not downloaded either yet. It just seems there is a lot less pick up and play about the modern games and that is before you even think about playing online.

Last one I played properly was 16. I've got the full version of 19 and a trail version of 20 as part of EA Access but i've not downloaded either yet. It just seems there is a lot less pick up and play about the modern games and that is before you even think about playing online.
That's definitely true. I started going through the tutorials and even just running with the ball is so fuckin complicated

Madden is one of these games I pick up every 4 years or so, got this year's edition last week, I am -as always- absolutely shite at it on defence, even playing on normal level which is one step above muppet level. Just given up a 40 yard TD on a hail mary on the last play of the game despite playing the most obvious "everyone get the f**k back" defence. I'm getting better as the QB but seems the easiest play vs the CPU is just shallow crossing routes all the time as someone will get free, and  mix in the odd play action or run.

Quite glitchy as well, so far I've had:

A pass intercepted in the opposition end zone, but DPI called & accepted, expecting the ball to be on their 1 yard line. No, the INT stands on the field but then doesn't show up on the stat sheet? 

Players wandering into the crowd and / or disappering out the back of the end zone

The play clock disappearing for plays on end

Just a straight up crash in gauntlet training mode where my QB was replaced by the kicking power bar which moved about for a couple of seconds then blue screened.

Edited by Fuctifano

• 7 months later...

Ive been playing 20 lately in the PS4. Started a franchise mode game but as Im undefeated I think Ive got the difficulty set to low :lol:

Im enjoying this one more than 18. Actually doing things like running and tackling seem a lot easier. Not sure the controls have changed that much, maybe Im just a bit more used to it.

Havent come across any glitches, particularly.