Sign in to follow this  
Romeo

Elgin

Yup Elgin.

Mrs Romeo has to go up to Elgin for a training day in February so I might travel up with her and we can make a weekend of it.

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel, not a B&B fairly central? 

31 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Yup Elgin.

Mrs Romeo has to go up to Elgin for a training day in February so I might travel up with her and we can make a weekend of it.

Haven't stayed there but this is about as central as it goes, good reviews and decent prices. You can check out the prices on Booking.com.

http://www.themansefield.com/

There's a couple of hotels near the station but it's a bit out of the way and the one I stayed in was a bit shit. 

I'd recommend this  bar/restaurant, I've only drunk there but the food looks good. Probably best booking for a Saturday evening say.

https://thedrouthycobbler.uk/

Edited by welshbairn

47 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Haven't stayed there but this is about as central as it goes, good reviews and decent prices. You can check out the prices on Booking.com.

http://www.themansefield.com/

There's a couple of hotels near the station but it's a bit out of the way and the one I stayed in was a bit shit. 

I'd recommend this  bar/restaurant, I've only drunk there but the food looks good. Probably best booking for a Saturday evening say.

https://thedrouthycobbler.uk/

Great, thanks. Will check that out.

There's a Premier Inn just on the outskirts on the Aberdeen side, so at least you know what you're getting with them. The Mansefield and Mansion House would be the classy ones and there's the Sunninghill, Royal and Laichmoray which are beside the train station and central. 

16 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

This looks like the post of someone offering his spare room for the night.

Where do you think Mrs Romeo’s “Training Day” is taking place?

10 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Where do you think Mrs Romeo’s “Training Day” is taking place?

I hope it's not your Defending Masterclass that you're still trying to peddle.

On 29/11/2019 at 13:55, Romeo said:

Yup Elgin.

On 29/11/2019 at 15:04, gordon9736 said:

There's a Premier Inn just on the outskirts on the Aberdeen side, so at least you know what you're getting with them. The Mansefield and Mansion House would be the classy ones and there's the Sunninghill, Royal and Laichmoray which are beside the train station and central. 

I always check out Premier Inns wherever I go - they're very comfortable and usually excellent value. If you were to book and pay for a weekend in February now it would cost a total of £69. Breakfasts are extra - £9.50 for a full cooked, but that's an all you can eat deal.

Check this link - you can't go wrong!

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/scotland/grampian/elgin/elgin.html?ARRdd=07&ARRmm=02&ARRyyyy=2020&NIGHTS=2&ROOMS=1&ADULT1=2&CHILD1=0&COT1=0&INTTYP1=DB&BRAND=PI

Wouldn't recommend the Elgin one, it's on an industrial estate on the edge of town.

image.thumb.png.6093c297af1a5d92dd5e314630665e87.png

Edited by welshbairn

28 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Avoid the premier inn. Utter shit heap the Elgin one.

Mansfield, Sunninghill (bit oapish) are fine. Or head down to Lossie (6 miles away).

Have you ever eaten at Harbour Lights in Lossie? Passed it a few times but never been in.

41 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Have you ever eaten at Harbour Lights in Lossie? Passed it a few times but never been in.

I think I was probably in it before it was harbour lights but that’s a while back.

Harbour Lights is a good place for a feed. 

The Premier Inn in Elgin is a Premier Inn. No more, no less.. Has a 24 hour McDowell's next door, tho. 

19 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Harbour Lights is a good place for a feed. 

The Premier Inn in Elgin is a Premier Inn. No more, no less.. Has a 24 hour McDowell's next door, tho. 

Is McDowell's the Moray version of McDonalds?

19 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Is McDowell's the Moray version of McDonalds?

Aye, they do a fish head McMuffin for breakfast.