Elgin City v The Binos

On Saturday we make the long journey to Elgin to face a City side above in the League in what will be a tricky game for us. Not had to much success at Elgin in the last couple of visits, the last being a 3-0 defeat in the Betfred Cup so I will be quite happy to come away with 1 point from this game. Our problem has been scoring goals, we have the worst scoring record in the League but fortunately for us we have the best defensive record in the League. 

Due to injuries and suspensions we will be without Darryl Duffy but it looks like top scorer Josh Peters could be back from injury and may feature for us. 

Hopefully our strikers manage to find the net on Saturday. 

Prediction Elgin 1 Binos 1          

Huge game for both teams, assuming Cove beat Annan, it makes things interesting for the winner of this game.

Quite mental to think that just over a month ago, there was a real fear through some of our support that we were going to finish bottom, win this game and we are really in the mix for that 4th Play Off spot.

The reverse fixture was surely our worst performance of the season. We have performed well in the last 8 games but 3 without a win now so need to change that here.
I would mabye argue that the 3 without a win won't have done our confidence any harm. Good point at Edinburgh City. Very solid performance at a good Raith team and last week I felt we more than matched championship Alloa. Didn't really get any breaks. But Saturday is a big game to try and get us back to winning again. Confident we will.
3-1 Elgin

19 hours ago, Super Elgin City said:

I would mabye argue that the 3 without a win won't have done our confidence any harm. Good point at Edinburgh City. Very solid performance at a good Raith team and last week I felt we more than matched championship Alloa. Didn't really get any breaks. But Saturday is a big game to try and get us back to winning again. Confident we will.
3-1 Elgin

Aye we've played well in all 3, I've no grumbles at all about the results. But winning and losing become habits and we need to get back to winning here if we want to go up this year.

Last gasp winner for us bit fortunate in the 2nd half Elgin should have been in front but we will take it. [emoji3]
A draw would have probably been a fair result I would have said.

Stirling went in with a well deserved lead and Elgin were probably a bit better the 2nd half, without being very great.
Soapy should have won it with 5 minutes to go when he hit the post when it was easier to score then Stirling snatched it at the death. That's football though.

Thought the ref had an absolute shocker for both teams.

Shane Sutherland was outstanding from a deep position in the 2nd half but I felt Gavin Price should have put someone else upfront alongside Hester because he was very isolated with Shane playing so far back.

Enjoyable end to end game . Impressed by Stirling who worked their socks off. A draw would have been a fair result but Elgin's old soft centre problem is back again. A lot of teams in the mix for the playoffs and we will need to be better if we are to be one of them. Matty Cooper has been a very loyal servant but too many goals have been lost from that area recently due to an inability to stop and close down crosses. Would like to see David Wilson given another chance. As far as Shane is concerned running at defences in the last third is fine but he was caught in possession too often further back and in the first half he gave away possession on numerous occasions. There was no link up play with Brian Cameron who is best going forward. Also felt Omar should have been on at half time for the ineffective O' Keene. A win on Tuesday is essential to get some confidence after 4 defeats in a row

Is that not where Shane should have been, up front.? Played far too deep for me and left Hester battling three giants. As for outstanding! Never lifted his head and continually ran into a forest of players.
Aye he should have been there but when he did drop deep he got a lot of success running with the ball. Could have easily changed it to get more help up there.
Mabye he did hold onto the ball too long at times but he was at least trying to create. Disappointing performance all round though.

Great to Shane totally committed and trying his hardest but frustrating that he is having to go so deep to get the ball and so not up front to get into scoring positions. Lots of dodgy moments at the back today. Incredibly frustrating day after a good run. And meanwhile Annan thrash Cove!

Great to Shane totally committed and trying his hardest but frustrating that he is having to go so deep to get the ball and so not up front to get into scoring positions. Lots of dodgy moments at the back today. Incredibly frustrating day after a good run. And meanwhile Annan thrash Cove!
Aye thought the same about the defence. I really rate McDonald but he seems to take some crazy risks when playing from the back. You would think that Darryl being the club captain must be pushing for a chance sometime soon?

On 30/11/2019 at 18:39, elginer said:

Enjoyable end to end game . Impressed by Stirling who worked their socks off. A draw would have been a fair result but Elgin's old soft centre problem is back again. A lot of teams in the mix for the playoffs and we will need to be better if we are to be one of them. Matty Cooper has been a very loyal servant but too many goals have been lost from that area recently due to an inability to stop and close down crosses. Would like to see David Wilson given another chance. As far as Shane is concerned running at defences in the last third is fine but he was caught in possession too often further back and in the first half he gave away possession on numerous occasions. There was no link up play with Brian Cameron who is best going forward. Also felt Omar should have been on at half time for the ineffective O' Keene. A win on Tuesday is essential to get some confidence after 4 defeats in a row

this