Forfar v Peterhead

7 hours ago, peternapper said:

Had a few e-mails from Iain Reid the safety officer yesterday but it would be unfair to make them public on here. He has said he will check the cctv from Saturday & if need be have words with the stewards involved, seems a genuine enough guy, will see if there is any more word about it. I did mention that there were no Forfar fans involved young or old, the whole thing was something or nothing which could have easily been avoided with some common sense & less confrontational attitude from one of them.

He's either gained some people skills or treats away fans differently, the latter would be a reasonable guess. Sorry you had a less than satisfactory experience (result aside) at Station Park, don't judge the entire club based on Neanderthal jobsworth stewards. As you're no doubt aware by now the stewarding problem has been ongoing for a number of years now.

Have had a e-mail from Mr McGregor your chairman today saying the safety officer had been away at the weekend but was looking into my original report from Saturday so it looks as if it is getting attention. Get the impression that some Forfar supporters have resigned themselves to just having to put up with things which is a bit disappointing it might be worth supporters letting them know of problems. As mentioned Saturdays incident was something or nothing that would have passed by if a particular steward had not been so unreasonable in his attitude.

They need put in their place. They are not employed to be problematic or confrontational, they actively go around trying to rile people up.

The ginger bloke actually told me to move from the spot I had been standing in for 70 odd minutes so he could stand there instead.
The same spot I stand at every week, by and by.
Same steward had a pop at me for my jacket every so slightly covering the Ladbrokes advertising hoarding.
The man is on an absolute power trip.

I remember, an early season cup tie at Dens, few seasons back.
Was in main stand, with 15 mins left. There steward, came down front, stood in front on fans, blocking view of the goal. Needles to say, he got the rath, of the Forfar fans.
His answer, the club, told me to stand here, towards end of game.
He was gonna eject, a few fans, for arguing,with him.
So he was told, don’t stand there. You caused the problem.
Think, there was a further 5 or 6 stewards arrived.