Forfar v Peterhead

31 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Have sent an e-mail to David McGregor outlining the stewarding shortcomings so will see if I get a reply. Did suggest if they really wanted to monitor the crowd get them to sit facing the crowd on a stool to keep them out of the way.

Let's get realistic. The Club must have stewards to comply with the rules. The current stewards are those who have come forward to do this. They may not be to every ones taste but until the experts in the crowd and on P&B volunteer, we have what we have. 

Put up or shut up

We did have a decent steward in charge but he seems to have disappeared along with a couple of the others who were above average at their job. Now we are left with a head steward who will quite happily shout homophobic slander at away games, one who never wants to leave the kids alone and hassles them and the rest are just useless, nobody will want to volunteer as they will have to work with a bunch of clowns

3 hours ago, terracingtam said:

Let's get realistic. The Club must have stewards to comply with the rules. The current stewards are those who have come forward to do this. They may not be to every ones taste but until the experts in the crowd and on P&B volunteer, we have what we have. 

Put up or shut up

I want to watch the football......plus i have no interest in incest.

4 hours ago, terracingtam said:

Put up or shut up

Not sure how it works at our level, are stewards unpaid volunteers or paid employees, would think there would have to be some system of vetting & licensing like doormen at clubs etc to validate their suitability to control crowds properly.  Bigger clubs  seem to use a company/agency to supply stewards of suitable standard which  clears the club of some liability if things go wrong.

5 hours ago, terracingtam said:

Put up or shut up

A fairly shite answer to be fair.

Put up or shut up

They need put in their place. They are not employed to be problematic or confrontational, they actively go around trying to rile people up.

The ginger bloke actually told me to move from the spot I had been standing in for 70 odd minutes so he could stand there instead.
The same spot I stand at every week, by and by.
Same steward had a pop at me for my jacket every so slightly covering the Ladbrokes advertising hoarding.
The man is on an absolute power trip.

36 minutes ago, terracingtam said:

And your non answer would be to what? Bring in "professional stewards" from a Dundee company spending money the Club can ill afford? Just ignore the stewards and watch the team play out of trouble.

I think it was the aggressive "Put up or shut up" quote that got me into this.

9 hours ago, peternapper said:

Have sent an e-mail to David McGregor outlining the stewarding shortcomings so will see if I get a reply. Did suggest if they really wanted to monitor the crowd get them to sit facing the crowd on a stool to keep them out of the way.

I complained a few years ago, got a reply from the the chairman at the time. Basically telling me what he thought I wanted to hear then passed me to the head of security who was an officious patronising little ****

2 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

I complained a few years ago, got a reply from the the chairman at the time. Basically telling me what he thought I wanted to hear then passed me to the head of security who was an officious patronising little ****

The current chairman is a pretty decent guy, I know him relatively well.

He runs a very successful business and it would be hoped that he knows how much bad PR can affect perceptions of the club.

Not sure how it works at our level, are stewards unpaid volunteers or paid employees, would think there would have to be some system of vetting & licensing like doormen at clubs etc to validate their suitability to control crowds properly.  Bigger clubs  seem to use a company/agency to supply stewards of suitable standard which  clears the club of some liability if things go wrong.

They are paid not volunteers
Some are even claiming unemployment allowance
1 is even unfit too work ( bull shit )
1 is suspended from his current job at the NHS

Put up or shut up

But it’s not a volunteer position ?
They get paid

Have had a reply from the safety officer who although not at Saturdays game has ask for details & will check cctv so seems a reasonable response. Will see what happens.

Maybe he will admit they had no kids too pick on and were board and stopped for a chat so they could annoy you and get a reaction !
It will be bullshit be prepared

Maybe he will admit they had no kids too pick on and were board and stopped for a chat so they could annoy you and get a reaction !
What happened with Peter Reid fans on Saturday?

11 hours ago, loon74 said:

Had a few e-mails from Iain Reid the safety officer yesterday but it would be unfair to make them public on here. He has said he will check the cctv from Saturday & if need be have words with the stewards involved, seems a genuine enough guy, will see if there is any more word about it. I did mention that there were no Forfar fans involved young or old, the whole thing was something or nothing which could have easily been avoided with some common sense & less confrontational attitude from one of them.