Aberdeen v St Mirren St Andrews Day Massacre

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I think it's too early to make any definitive calls on how Campbell will turn out. I can understand his tactical role, but there's plenty of work to be done with him yet - there is definitely a case to be made for him becoming more assertive and being a bit more positive, although hopefully that will come with age and experience. I thought he was a bit better here than games he started earlier in the season. I think I'd probably still go with Vyner over him on Wednesday and Logan at right-back in a four, but it does have a slight feeling of rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic about it. 

McGinn must have been involved in a fairly big percentage of our goals this season, either scoring or playing an important role in the lead-up. It was another good finish and again highlighted his importance to this team. 

On a more negative note, Gallagher was again nothing short of an empty jersey. He is a McGhee player in a McInnes team. 

I do think Campbell has loads of potential and will become a good player for us. At this moment though, he's a bit of luxury player in a midfield that isn't really working.

I suppose in the absence though of Ojo and Bryson (wll he ever be fit ?), we have little option but to use Campbell. 

You're right about McGinn though. Without him and Cosgrove we'd be down at the bottom of the league. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Going off on a different tack, up close, St Mirren’s Austrian Lederhosen strip is the worst in the league, just slightly beating the Celtic strip this season.

THImage result for st mirren shirts

They've always been famous for their fashion sense down Paisley way. 

16 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Another hard luck story, should have been out of sight in the first half, but again and again our woefully inept finishing let’s us down. We can’t even score from a fucking penalty.

Maybe try crossing it more often...

1 minute ago, RussellAnderson said:

That kit is a stone cold classic. I wonder if the St Mirren monstrosity will be remembered fondly in 20 years time?

Aberdeen always has been behind the times when it comes to fashion. This probably explains why you would put that top down as a "classic ".

16 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Aberdeen always has been behind the times when it comes to fashion. This probably explains why you would put that top down as a "classic ".

Yes, it is a shame that I don't come from the fashion capital of Europe, *checks notes* ...Paisley. 

have St Mirren ever had a Paisley patterned kit?

Just now, RussellAnderson said:

Yes, it is a shame that I don't come from the fashion capital of Europe, *checks notes* ...Paisley. 

have St Mirren ever had a Paisley patterned kit?

We have but it's been a shadow pattern mainly.  This is my personal favourite. 

psx_20190616_001712148785759.jpg

2 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:
4 hours ago, kingjoey said:
Going off on a different tack, up close, St Mirren’s Austrian Lederhosen strip is the worst in the league, just slightly beating the Celtic strip this season.

The front of it looks like a giant black H with the sponsor's logo.

This sums it up. A big fcuking black ‘H’ shape. At least kits are only for one season. Hopefully we can get something with... A. proper stripes, and B. Proper stripes on the back with red numbers. How fcuking difficult can it be?