Montrose v Raith Rovers

Prediction.
Picture House & Market Arms to be busy pre & post match.
Me to be sitting in the Legion before or around half time.
Pitch to “cut up” quite severely due to the rain we’ve had recently.
Biting cold wind coming from the beach end.
Pies to be over cooked as usual.
Montrose 2-0 Raith Rovers.
Watson hat-trick.
No dancing in the streets of Raith tomorrow evening.

Is the pitch no artificial?

3 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

More or less the same team as Tuesday and you can guarantee what subs will come on.

FFS, not nearlly as we have five back again, finally. McKay isn’t the ideal RWB, but he can play it. Interested to see if he keeps Tait back or let’s him maraud. 

Didn't travel today because I knew McKay would either be at right back or wing back.

Wing back!

That he's still getting a game out there is inconceivable to me.

The advantages offered by a 3-4-1-2 are so severely nullified by a wingback without the quality to get forward.

Grant Anderson would be, conservatively, fifteen thousand times more effective in that role, without losing the height at set pieces that McKay offers.

Didn't travel today because I knew McKay would either be at right back or wing back.

Wing back!

The advantages offered by a 3-4-1-2 are so severely nullified by a wingback without the quality to get forward.

Grant Anderson would be, conservatively, fifteen thousand times more effective in that role, without losing the height at set pieces that McKay offers.

Anderson hasn’t played there in years, and wasn’t great on the very rare occasion he did.

McKay isn’t a wing back either, granted, but at least offers defensive solidity which is what we need away from home. Not yet more players to get caught up the pitch as we concede on a counter-attack.

5 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Wing back!

Agree on GAndo, and I wonder about his health because he was brilliant earlier this year. McKay does just fine at CB, and is a marginal RWB. Hopefully Tait is filling the full attacking mid role, and I’d have rather have seen Smith get a run out for Baird.

Anderson hasn’t played there in years, and wasn’t great on the very rare occasion he did.

McKay isn’t a wing back either, granted, but at least offers defensive solidity which is what we need away from home. Not yet more players to get caught up the pitch as we concede on a counter-attack.

Disagree. We can't get out because of McKay, he's not an out ball, which just invites more pressure onto the defence, increasing the likelihood of mistakes.

If you don't have a bespoke wingback, you should be converting wingers, not converting central defenders.

The reason I'd take Anderson over, say, Armstrong, is that he's a more disciplined player. He'll track his man, and as mentioned previously, he's decent enough in the air to still help defend set pieces.

With three other central defenders, you don't need a fourth to provide solidity.

The problems that stemmed from McKay on Tuesday are a magnitude greater when it's a back five versus a back four.

When our central defence has the ball on the ground, under little to no pressure, they need a forward facing Anderson pushing into the other half, on the touchline, able to contribute to an attack. What they don't need is McKay, toeing the halfway line, offering a lateral pass that'll undoubtedly be returned.

11 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

This Is Absolutely Fucking Awful 

Part of the big plan...get a draw today, and then as long as Airdrie don’t beat EF too badly, when we beat Airdrie at home we go top! Well, as long as Falkirk don’t win both...

What’s that, Falkirk up 2 and Airdrie up 3...well, shit.