Montrose v Raith Rovers

I was super reluctant to start this, with the mounting injuries and McGlynn’s tactics in question. What are your thoughts on this. Montrose seem to be on a great run. We seem to be winding down every single time the clocks go back. I was in attendance for the Peterhead game and last nights game. My opinion is we’re utter dugshite. Hopefully things improve on Saturday.

If Miller is fit, and with Spencer’s return, we will have much improved distribution. I’m expecting Bowie to be held out if not out by injury, so I’ll hope for Smith to replace him to give Baird the young partner that seems to improve his play. If we don’t see Smith, I guess Victoria might be a good starter in place of Bowie. For heavens sake please don’t throw out Baird/Gullan/Allan again!

Munro has been great, but Thomson is the likely starter in Jan and after, so maybe time to start him now?

Thomson (or Munro)

Miller (or Watson), McKay (or Bene), SAndo, Davo, MacDonald

GAndo, Matthews, Spencer

Smith (or Victoria), Baird

Our chances all depend on who’s available I imagine. Bowie out from last night’s squad.

Miller, Spencer and Hendry back? We might win. Just Spencer? We’re in trouble.

Got to be the five at the back for me though, regardless of Miller’s availability.

7 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Had a look on the away days guide but would appreciate any advice on the best pubs for pre-game refreshment - any recommendations folks?

Market Arms and then the Legion next to the ground is our usual route. 

This lot got put out the cup by Bonnyrigg. Now, I’ve no idea what sort of side Mo had out but I’d like to think we will have enough about us to see them off. However, it’s us post clocks-back, injury-ravaged and most importantly - in Angus. I’m struggling to recall the last time I attended a game in Angus and we won.

Never been to Montrose before so will be good to get it off the list. Train from Edinburgh about 930 if I mind right, so looking forward to a good day out.

4 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Had a look on the away days guide but would appreciate any advice on the best pubs for pre-game refreshment - any recommendations folks?

Good to get your priorities right.

Assume you are on the train. Take a right out of the station then left and the first boozer you'll meet will be the Picturehouse, an old Cinema / Bingo hall, now a Bellhaven pub.
Quick pint and grub in here then head across to the Market, right in the heart of the town. It will be busy but it allways is because it's the best pub in town. (Kes will disagree)

After leaving the Market, head down the High Street ignoring a couple of pubs just off the street and head to the Black Horse, home of the Black Horse Tartan Army. A pub full of fitba' loving punters and Scotland regulars  - and Mid.
Pint in there then head to the Real best pub in town (Kes will agree) the Golf Inn. Sports bar, great banter and where most Mo fans gather before games'

All this said, I wont be there on Saturday - family arrangements.

Enjoy Montroae

A couple of our RaithTV volunteers have work commitments this weekend but we’ve thankfully got help covering the game. It will mean, however, that our highlights will go up a bit later - probably Sunday afternoon. Live commentary will be available as normal and John’s prematch interview should go up this evening. 

Spilt your journey in Arbroath since you’ll no see us for a few seasons yet and enjoy the west port aff the train, go through to Montrose for kick off.

Abdy kins further north you go the stranger the locals get.

Hopefully we’ll be passing you with a Raith win in your relegation play off finals. One can only dream

Was really looking forward to this until I found out I had family commitment, sake, getting in the way of a good day out!
I may get pulled up on this comment as I made a similar earlier in the season, but if we do have ambitions of winning the league, we really do need to get back to winning ways instead of stinking draws, so therefore this is a must win. Having said that, Montrose seem to be on a decent enough run just now in the league, so I think it’ll be another stinky draw!

1 minute ago, steakngravy said:

Bowie out ankle fcuked by a Farfar player also in bed with the smit. Any Montrose supporter supply us with is there a Wetherspoons in Montrose please.

Nae Wetherspoons but the Market Arms on the high street and then the Golf Inn before heading to the game would be my route. There’s a handy post further up that gives you a further few choices 

15 hours ago, steakngravy said:

Bowie out ankle fcuked by a Farfar player also in bed with the smit. Any Montrose supporter supply us with is there a Wetherspoons in Montrose please.

Ankle is not a concern, but as you note he’s abed (with Allan), per JMcG

Prediction.
Picture House & Market Arms to be busy pre & post match.
Me to be sitting in the Legion before or around half time.
Pitch to “cut up” quite severely due to the rain we’ve had recently.
Biting cold wind coming from the beach end.
Pies to be over cooked as usual.
Montrose 2-0 Raith Rovers.
Watson hat-trick.
No dancing in the streets of Raith tomorrow evening.