Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Referee had a stinker but then again so did 10 out of 11 Clyde players (everyone bar Mitchell) 

We need Jan window to come and get some fresh faces in players need dropped if they're not good enough. Goody absolutely dreadful. 

 

Danny needs to get the finger out we keep doing the same thing and it doesn't f*cking work. We're in trouble if we don't start turning it around.. 1 or 2 bad results fair enough but we can't afford to be dropping points left right and centre. Not. Good. Enough. 

 

Pish. Absolutely pish.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

I’m beginning to miss League Two. Sadly some of our players are playing like that’s their mindset too. Dumbarton were begging us to batter them first half but such as the way we are playing we go in level. Unlike the matches against Montrose and Peterhead who were miles ahead in every department Dumbarton were in that same bracket. They were bad, we were just worse. Much, much worse.


 

Has to be one of the worst performances all season. Thought we played great football up until our goal and then it went downhill fast and furiously..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy afternoon for Dumbarton sadly. 

Goodwillie was non existent. Roll on next week!

Edited by TheBigGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought once we went one up it would have been easy as we were winning balls high up forcing Dumbarton into mistakes but after they equalised it just went downhill too many players look like they don't want to be on the park only pass marks for me today was Mitchell and frodo just but the rest were hopeless, no fight or desire to turn it around like we have done in the past. I don't want to use injuries as an excuse but there is nothing on the bench to change it. Its really frustrating knowing we can play so much better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

I’m beginning to miss League Two. Sadly some of our players are playing like that’s their mindset too. Dumbarton were begging us to batter them first half but such as the way we are playing we go in level. Unlike the matches against Montrose and Peterhead who were miles ahead in every department Dumbarton were in that same bracket. They were bad, we were just worse. Much, much worse.


 

That's exactly how I viewed the last game at our place. We were just so uninterested and it made you guys look comfortable without having to play well. Glad to see you edged it today, in terms of shiteness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We lost today not to a particularly good side but to stupidity. How many goals do we need to lose from the left side of our defense for DL to waken up and smell the coffee?  

Johnstone brilliant on our right, so what does DL do silences him out on the left! DGW wants to, or is allowed to walk the ball into the net. Their 2 centre backs who were huge and streetwise gave him nothing all day. What do we do chuck in 100 balls to their penalty spot and we got zero!

Tony Wallace brings zero to the team; him replacing McStay created no additional threat but caused confusion on the pitch with Petrov having to play his 4th position of the match. 

1 point in 12 at home should make everyone at Clyde very nervous and seriously think if we really want to return to the seaside league. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

We lost today not to a particularly good side but to stupidity. How many goals do we need to lose from the left side of our defense for DL to waken up and smell the coffee?  

Johnstone brilliant on our right, so what does DL do silences him out on the left! DGW wants to, or is allowed to walk the ball into the net. Their 2 centre backs who were huge and streetwise gave him nothing all day. What do we do chuck in 100 balls to their penalty spot and we got zero!

Tony Wallace brings zero to the team; him replacing McStay created no additional threat but caused confusion on the pitch with Petrov having to play his 4th position of the match. 

1 point in 12 at home should make everyone at Clyde very nervous and seriously think if we really want to return to the seaside league. 

 

 

Time for Lennon to get the finger out our league form hasn't been nearly as good as it needs to be for survival nevermind playoffs. Need to make some meaningful signings come January window f**k all depth in the squad for rotation/new ideas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dreadful performance. Always going to have a mountain to climb when your better players (Grant, Goodie) aren't at the races.

Dumbarton really should've won by more in the second half but a combination of good goalkeeping/poor finishing/McCluskey being utter shite kept it at 2. They managed the game well though including the timewasting which I'm fine with as I would want us to do the same in that position.

Home form is starting to become a cause for concern after going nearly a year unbeaten thats now 3 defeats and a draw in the last 4 home games.

I fucking hope its not as cold next week! Fingers are still numb.

7 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

Will clyde put highlights up? Don't think Dumbarton have anyone doing them yet.

We lost so ask @peternapper

Edited by C. Muir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We only got our goal because we came out the traps quicker. We could be playing still and wouldn't have scored another.

I thought it was both the case that Dumbarton dealt with Goodwillie well and that he played very, very poorly. Grant was a redudant player for most purposes today - nothing about the way Dumbarton went about beating us was mitigated by him being his usual sitting-midfield self - and we'd have done better to swap him out with a big partner for Goodwillie or Smith, even the likes of Tony Wallace. We were never going win by converting CJ's deliveries, whether from open play or dead-balls, notwithstanding how much better or worse you want to say those deliveries might've been.

We needed another player on the Dumbarton defenders' shoulders to make it more difficult for them; they simply eat up and spat out whatever we fed into their domain of the pitch. And we simply needed - and need, enduringly - more quality at the back to thwart the sorts of goals they scored. We're a gang back there. The minute we open up, especially at home where we're in it to win it from the off, we're found out. Clean sheets at EF and ICT were obtained by playing much more guardedly than we did today - we  had to sacrife goals for a clean sheet - and the one at Stirling proves little more than that Stirling are an awful team, deserving of their current position in league two.

I would repeat the 'Roll on January' line but I've heard whispers of money woes which make me think I might be sorry I ever said it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Stefan McCluskey swording those Cumbernauld jobbers with ease. You love to see it.

 

 

Subbed off before sent off, colossal performance.

Terrible today from Clyde. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Only one David Marsh said:

I thought once we went one up it would have been easy as we were winning balls high up forcing Dumbarton into mistakes but after they equalised it just went downhill too many players look like they don't want to be on the park only pass marks for me today was Mitchell and frodo just but the rest were hopeless, no fight or desire to turn it around like we have done in the past. I don't want to use injuries as an excuse but there is nothing on the bench to change it. Its really frustrating knowing we can play so much better. 

Mich did have some very good stops, but he was megged from 20 yards for third first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When were playing well and winning at Home were one of the nicest teams to watch on the eye.. Johnston. Grant. Mcstay all feeding Goodwille...Quick sharp passing and lot o teams cant handle it at a certain point or week...

However we have no nasty part of our game which wasnt addressed in summer and we currently have two full backs who play there and naturally not their position ...

Lost count amount of times they had numerous chances down our right hand side with both goals coming from left back areas again. 1st goal could argue they got lucky but where was mcniff as mcmullen had to cover for him (Yes they got lucky with the break as did we with ours) & 2nd goal another cross failed to be cut out like so many games previously this time allowing layne a tap in...

Howie injury doesnt look good and could probably add him to the list. Send Petkov back and ask Dunfermlime for a loan o Lang please...

Hopefully we.ll address other 2 or 3 positions in Jan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Mich did have some very good stops, but he was megged from 20 yards for third first.

20 yards? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can o my hope this is just a bad spell and things turn around. When do we play Falkirk again we could do with those easy 3 points again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...