Clyde vs Dumbarton

We start our run on two consecutive home games with Dumbarton being the visitors, I'd drop Tony Wallace and the junior jobber and bring in frodo and Darren Smith we looked much more dangerous with frodo on the park last night. We should be looking to get the three points from the game. Any word of injuries easing off? I can't take another game of the two huddies on amateur terms anymore! 

Would really like to get back to winning ways in the league but for some reason I don't have a good feeling about this.  At the moment I feel we've got on or two players right off it and absolutely no squad depth to deal with it.  Carswell and PJ Crossan need some time on the bench, Langan in for Carswell with McCluskey and Frizzell in the wide positions for me. That depends on Joe McKee being fit mind you, which would be a huge boost for us. If Quitongo is still injured I'd play McMillan at left back, he was a fucking machine against Forfar and deserves a place in the side, but I expect Tumilty will come straight back in at right back.

Sounds like Dumbarton are in a similar situation to us in terms of squad depth and injuries.

Would be nice to get an update on what is happening with Love, Rankin and Syvertsen. They haven't been mentioned in any of the recent match previews.

Hopefully Johnston is fit enough to start. Woukd also start Petkov instead of Wallace. Not a fan of Petkov but Wallace has been abysmal.

McStay and Lamont are going through a real inconsistent spell. Hopefully Duffie fit so we can play Cuddihy in midfield.

Could really be doing with getting the win here. We've won once since the start of October.

2 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Would be nice to get an update on what is happening with Love, Rankin and Syvertsen. They haven't been mentioned in any of the recent match previews.

I work with Ally Love's dad, don't think he'll be involved for a couple of weeks yet according to him, but he has previous for playing through injury.

Was a chant of "only one Kevin Nicoll" in the first half but that changed in the second half when he snapped Lamont and picked up his customary yellow card.

McCluskey was getting a bit of abuse from the Clyde fans at the away game. Would expect the same on Saturday. He was never the most popular player especially after he missed a game to go on a Stag Do.

Duffy done a reasonable job at Clyde while working on a shoestring budget. Don't think anyone was too fussed when he moved on,though.

Really don't understand why Duffy gets any abuse from our support.

He did a brilliant job on a terrible budget and took a shite squad to a playoff semi final only for Stef McCluskey to f**k it for us by trying to score a fancy pen and making an arse of it.

Duffy earned his move to Morton so no hard feelings from me towards him.

Mccluskey though. Shitebag of a player.

What sort of reception did Kevin Nicoll get?
He got a song during a dull spell in the 1st half of last weeks game for his brilliant service and leadership...

2nd half he done a usual Kev nicoll tackle which was OTT and those who felt the earlier song was unjustified (?!) got a wee bit upset towards the apprecation soceity...

The Tackle wasnt on i agree but thats the way he plays and something i expected him to do one more than the one occasion he done it

9 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Really don't understand why Duffy gets any abuse from our support.

He did a brilliant job on a terrible budget and took a shite squad to a playoff semi final only for Stef McCluskey to f**k it for us by trying to score a fancy pen and making an arse of it.

Duffy earned his move to Morton so no hard feelings from me towards him.

Mccluskey though. Shitebag of a player.

I must be in the minority. Duffy wasn't brilliant for us but neither was he shite... I personally don't get the overall appreciation, its a chapter of our history I would rather forget. 

Some of the shite he brought in was incredible, McGachie, John Kane, Archdeacon, Pat Scullion etc etc, most guys shite Clyde xi of the decade were Duffy players. 

1 hour ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

I must be in the minority. Duffy wasn't brilliant for us but neither was he shite... I personally don't get the overall appreciation, its a chapter of our history I would rather forget. 

Some of the shite he brought in was incredible, McGachie, John Kane, Archdeacon, Pat Scullion etc etc, most guys shite Clyde xi of the decade were Duffy players. 

I thought he did well with the pish he had to work with. Especially compared to Stuart Millar etc.

1 hour ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Probably a sign that he did a good job given he signed that much shite and turned them into play-off contenders.

Duffy is a good manager, I personally think he's a bit too old and set in his ways for our club, but he stabilised a severely depressed team last year and has made something out of nothing this season. I imagine at the end of the season he'll leave the club with our thanks and everyone will be happy.

40 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Probably a sign that he did a good job given he signed that much shite and turned them into play-off contenders.

Duffy is a good manager, I personally think he's a bit too old and set in his ways for our club, but he stabilised a severely depressed team last year and has made something out of nothing this season. I imagine at the end of the season he'll leave the club with our thanks and everyone will be happy.

Funnily enough the bit in bold would pretty much sum up his final year with us (the one we got to the play offs). Just his years before that were pretty rank. Looking back at our squad from that final season he should've probably been knighted if he managed to get that promoted :lol: Unbelievable that we used to think most of them were semi competent players at the time just because we had been used to utter tripe the years before it. But only Kieran MacDonald from that side would've got anywhere near last seasons promotion winning squad.

Onto Saturday, we could really be doing with a win. 3 clean sheets on the bounce is encouraging so a fit Johnston and Goodie from the start and I'm confident

On 27/11/2019 at 17:53, C. Muir said:

Wonder if Duffy and McCluskey will get the same reception as Kevin Nicoll did :lol:

Don’t see the obsession with giving ex players managers stick, Duffy done very will with us with what we had at that time and McCluskey also a decent player at this level.