Airdrie v East Fife

1 minute ago, Its not only a game said:

We are being well beaten today-Airdrie by far the better team today I am afraid,

Certainly wish we were getting you or Falkirk rather than Airdrie next week...that’s the roll they are on.

Back in the house now, heating set to 'defrost".

That was a fairly deserved and well fought for victory.

East Fife (as expected) came out in the second half and went for it a bit more and within 1 minute of the restart, the 2 forwards already achieved more than duggan (17?) did in 45.

But with there attacking threat, it left gaps at the back, and our counter attacks Ng game has been excellent this season.

Spurned a couple more great chances and Roy's finish was excellent from a tight angle.

Pleased with that today, another massive game next week.

FT

Airdrieonians 4-0 East Fife

That was awful, I actually though it was a rather even game in the middle of the park, with us perhaps even edging it, but the big difference was that every time Airdrie went forward, the looked dangerous and every time we went forward we huffed and puffed, tapped it about and did f**k all with it!!!

Even at 1-0 down the game was still open but that 10 minute spell before halftime saw the arse fall out of it, Denholm and Duggan were jerseys wasted and probably should have been off sooner than halftime, but the game was over by the time the change was made!!!

Second half we looked more up for it but our inability to get a decent cross into the box, or even to find a man in the box was still there, we never looked like scoring. The lack of fight at times was also pretty obvious, for the second game in a row, a team got in our faces and we just looked away, it was telling in that the wee stramash with Aggy at the end, only one of his teammates jumped into help him out, the rest just standing with their hands on their hips just watching, I know it wasn’t a major battle with punches thrown but Aggy had obviously lost it for a moment and only Tonks was dragging him away, maybe nothing but also maybe a sign of a lack of togetherness and morale at the moment???

Get this one man up front pish into the sea and go back to whatever it was we were doing in the first quarter of the season!!!IMG_0851.thumb.jpg.f3e21a2efc4b07bf25c5e3165b3e5c6c.jpg

5 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

FT

That was awful, I actually though it was a rather even game in the middle of the park, with us perhaps even edging it, but the big difference was that every time Airdrie went forward, the looked dangerous and every time we went forward we huffed and puffed, tapped it about and did f**k all with it!!!

Even at 1-0 down the game was still open but that 10 minute spell before halftime saw the arse fall out of it, Denholm and Duggan were jerseys wasted and probably should have been off sooner than halftime, but the game was over by the time the change was made!!!

Second half we looked more up for it but our inability to get a decent cross into the box, or even to find a man in the box was still there, we never looked like scoring. The lack of fight at times was also pretty obvious, for the second game in a row, a team got in our faces and we just looked away, it was telling in that the wee stramash with Aggy at the end, only one if his teammates jumped into help him out, the rest just standing with their hands on their hips just watching, I know it wasn’t a major battle with punches thrown but Aggy had obviously lost it for a moment and only Tonks was dragging him away, maybe nothing but also maybe a sign of a lack of togetherness and morale at the moment???

Get this one man up front pish into the sea and go back to whatever it was we were doing in the first quarter of the season!!!IMG_0851.thumb.jpg.f3e21a2efc4b07bf25c5e3165b3e5c6c.jpg

Good win for the diamonds could have scored couple more.  Even when EF had bit of possession they didn't look like scoring. Can see the fight in the team now.

59 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

FT

Second half we looked more up for it but our inability to get a decent cross into the box, or even to find a man in the box was still there, we never looked like scoring. The lack of fight at times was also pretty obvious, for the second game in a row, a team got in our faces and we just looked away, it was telling in that the wee stramash with Aggy at the end, only one of his teammates jumped into help him out, the rest just standing with their hands on their hips just watching, I know it wasn’t a major battle with punches thrown but Aggy had obviously lost it for a moment and only Tonks was dragging him away, maybe nothing but also maybe a sign of a lack of togetherness and morale at the moment???

Get this one man up front pish into the sea and go back to whatever it was we were doing in the first quarter of the season!!!

I agree with much of what you say about the even game in much of the midfield but we are much better there now than in the Methil game. It did seem strange to see Watt in that position . Danny Denholm tends to always score against us but he was up against a better full back today and was ineffective. Duggan was poor which might explain how EF had a lot of square ball possession but hardly posed an attacking threat to Crighton and Fordyce who were immense. Airdrie did actually attack in numbers and at pace and the 2nd half counter attacks could have seen a higher score. I actually thought Roberts had scored at 3-0 and never noticed the game continuing!  The first goal seemed to upset Higgins but I could not spot what he was complaining about from the family friendly Section D.  It just looked like a penalty to me and I thought Fordyce did keep the ball in play at the corner area but maybe EF fans were closer. After the Carrick third I was quite relaxed but EF did pose a wee bit more in the 2nd half: it was a relief to see us defend stubbornly and when Roy got a cracking 4th, it was "revenge" for that Methil thrashing. Funny how fans are so happy when we have a consistent team and players with energy in the right positions. Keiran Millar showed that with some great challenges and Leon is pure quality, It was unusual to see Agnew lose his cool and he is an excellent player but Airdrie stopped him today. This looks like a top four chase given the results elsewhere . We have done little at Starks Park but the chance is there next week.

Outclassed today and by some distance our worst performance of the season. Fair play to Airdrie, revenge well and truly got for that result earlier in the season. An excellent team performance and well deserved win.

We were just insipid. Can't really point to anyone and say they had a good game. It's clear that playing Watt off Duggan just doesn't work. We didn't look a threat all that first half. It was a bit better in the second half but Airdrie had the game won and it would have been difficult to do any worse.

That inability to defend corners is a real millstone round our necks. We're always so vulnerable to conceding.

Airdrie thoroughly deserved to win because they wanted it more and had s clear coordinated plan for attack. 

1st half we hit aimless punts from the back; 2nd we hit aimless crosses from the wings. Never looked like scoring.

Poor/lack of misfiled play but most of all team were 2ndyo every ball and few players looked interested. 

Other factors in our defeat included an inability to pass to a team mate and a referee who missed a foul for the 1st goal and was conned into giving a penalty for the 2nd but even without that Airdrie were by far the better team.

49 minutes ago, faither said:

Airdrie thoroughly deserved to win because they wanted it more and had s clear coordinated plan for attack. 

1st half we hit aimless punts from the back; 2nd we hit aimless crosses from the wings. Never looked like scoring.

Poor/lack of misfiled play but most of all team were 2ndyo every ball and few players looked interested. 

Other factors in our defeat included an inability to pass to a team mate and a referee who missed a foul for the 1st goal and was conned into giving a penalty for the 2nd but even without that Airdrie were by far the better team.

Yes will be interesting to see highlights you can usually tell by the reaction of players and East Fife players sure looked angry  with both decisions. Airdrieonians  just looked so much more hungrier and their work rate put us to shame.

Airdrie were clearly the better side today, and I don't think the scoreline flatters us in the least.  The back line was solid, and I don't think Hutton had a great deal to do - a few shots that you'd expect any keeper to deal with easily enough and that was about it.  I don't think we we were really in much danger, and EF never looked like having much up their sleeves to change the way the game was going. 

Our attacking play was really good.  I must say I did think the penalty decision was right at the time.  We'll see when we get the highlights up, but by that point another Airdrie goal had certainly been coming, and the fact that the third goal (great hit) followed so soon from the second really finished the game as a contest.   Carrick MOTM for me, though Crighton and Fordyce were excellent at the back.  Smith was a bit unfortunate, it just never seemed to work for him when he got himself into good positions, but he did well keeping going after losing the ball just before the fourth goal. 

Having watched things back, I really don’t think there is a foul for the first goal, just one guy being stronger than the other. The penalty though is a joke! Murdo pulls out of the tackle & stands bolt upright. Smith plants his right leg then throws out his left leg & there is no contact. The correct decision should have been a free kick to EF & a card for Smith. Airdrie fully deserved their win & I have no gripes with the result but we lost our shape after that & the game was finished with the third goal immediately afterwards! Airdrie looked a good side playing with the confidence they are, will take some shifting from top spot.

1 hour ago, faither said:

a referee who missed a foul for the 1st goal and was conned into giving a penalty for the 2nd but even without that Airdrie were by far the better team.

I did wonder why Higgins was arguing about it and I will wait to see highlights but there were so many players in the box for the corner, anything can happen. The same applies to the penalty "con" and I wondered about it at the time.  Most of the Airdrie fans I spoke to at half time thought it was a penalty ( Christine Keeler comment) so I agreed with them as in the pundit cliché "I've seen them given")  On the day Airdrie were better but results next week could still see a different leader of the pack.

Thought the "penalty" was a dive at the time so looking to check that one on highlights tomorrow. Happy to take it though.

Definitely the better side throughout and the clean sheet with 4 scored is a bonus in the goal difference stakes.

Hopefully the goal for Roy will get his confidence back up a bit too.