Airdrie v East Fife

Now that we are officially league leaders after both Fife teams slipped up at home tonight, can we cement our place at the top with a convincing home win against EF? A little bit of payback might be in order after our nightmare visit to Methil in August. Falkirk have a potential banana skin in the form of Stranraer who are on a high after drawing Rangers in the Scottish cup. Are their players out to prove a point on the road in the run up to their trip to Ibrox? Might as well start the ‘giant’ killing at Falkirk. And Raith make a trip to on form Montrose - if tonight’s result is anything to go by then they have a tough job on their hands at Links Park. I’d say we’re best placed in this weekends fixtures and it’s time we made a statement and got a convincing win at home to show we’re real contenders for league champions, mon the diamonds!!

I hope the management team are doing their best to keep the players feet on the ground and not to get over confident. Yes we can laugh at EFs cup result but let's not forget that our own brilliant run followed a similar embarrassing home cup defeat, and that EF gave us our worst defeat of the season at Methil. We need a repeat of the workrate and intensity that was evident at Falkirk, hopefully an early goal to get the crowd behind the team. Mon the diamonds, we have got to the top now let's stay top[emoji3532][emoji3532][emoji3532][emoji3532][emoji3577][emoji3577]

Been a long time since Airdrie vs East Fife was a top of the table clash! We've put ourselves in a good position off of a really well fought run to the top. It's all about consolidating that now. If the Airdrie of the last couple of weeks ago turn up then we could do well. Praying for Gallagher back for Roy who really struggled on Saturday.

Huge game this. You lot are on some run right now and we're really struggling to get going, Wallace being out is holding us back big time and having to rejig the defence because of Dunlop being out hasn't helped either. Thankfully Brett is back in goals for us which gives me way more hope of earning a clean sheet.

Huge game this. You lot are on some run right now and we're really struggling to get going, Wallace being out is holding us back big time and having to rejig the defence because of Dunlop being out hasn't helped either. Thankfully Brett is back in goals for us which gives me way more hope of earning a clean sheet.

^^^ This!!!
Wallace IS the big miss for us, you can see how we’ve been stumbling along since his injury, we have nobody like him who can link the midfield to attack and I don’t know if our midfield are to used to him but they seem to lack the ideas to create without him!!!

Still can't quite believe we're actually top and still have the fear about home games. A win here would go a long way to alleviating that. Hopefully Gallagher will be back in the side as I really wouldn't be confident without him. I'll go for a squeaky 2-1 home win with a goal conceded from a set-piece and some swearing but nothing overboard seeing as we're top of the league.

I'm the eternal pessimist and I'm sure we've all seen enough of Airdrie over the last decades to know why.

IF (and its a big if) we can manage to get a result here, I may just start believing that we could have a great season, but (similarly to the Falkirk game) I've seen enough do or die games over the last umpteen years where we just roll over and get our belly tickled.  Hopefully not though and I'd take a repeat of our 4-2 win last year over east fife with plenty of KK "Too  Easy" posts after EF go 2-0 up.

Wallace and Smith being out for EF is a huge bonus for us, and we need to take full advantage of teams having players out.  The defence has been pretty decent and big Crighton since Murray came in (99% of the time)  has looked like Paolo Maldini, hes been absolutely imperious, everything you want from a captain and more.

While I'd love us to continue this great run, I'll still always remain dubious but I'll gladly eat my words if we're still top at 4:50pm on Saturday.

23 hours ago, King Kebab said:

^^^ This!!!
Wallace IS the big miss for us, you can see how we’ve been stumbling along since his injury, we have nobody like him who can link the midfield to attack and I don’t know if our midfield are to used to him but they seem to lack the ideas to create without him!!!

East Fife mail reporting that Ryan Wallace has been stepping up his recovery programme and could be fit to return on Saturday 

^^^ This!!!

Agreed but he has also been missing when Duggan and Smith have been out-our best front 2 are him and Tonks.Feel for the latter as was clearly not fully fit ( though looks fit now) but soldiered on for team as Boyd offers something completely different. Would love to see Wallace and Dowds back as front 2....

Great that long is back- hopefully next year he remembers to take his two summer holidays when the league has a 6 week summer break rather than when the competition starts!- really , really good goalie is “Whicker Long!”

Looking forward to this game which is a great place to be in; whether that turns out to be justified will depend on the confidence level staying high in the squad. Given how bad our formation and tactics at Methil, this the time to get a wee bit of pay back. If Gallagher plays I am very hopeful for the focus of the attack being right. If Captain Sean gets on the end of our long throw scrambles I will be delighted. East Fife will also be up for it after letting things slide recently.  No swearing from me either in any audible manner.

Our fixtures from this game and December look very difficult and will certainly go a long way to define our season.

Nobody is really expecting us to get anything as Airdrie are favourites and on a good run so that’s fine. News of Wallace coming back is a huge boost although I wouldn’t think he would be anywhere near match fit yet.

We’ve not been hitting the heights of earlier in the season but only 1 league defeat so far this season is still very impressive.