Morton v Dundee United 30/11/2019

28 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Played a blinder here.

..... and was dead right based on the info available at the time. Fact is, since around 9.00 Thursday it's been much colder than those forecasts predicted. 

Still, even the dimmest can have 20:20 vision in hindsight, eh, mate? 😋

ETA -  this is probably the first time this season that Morton have gone three Saturdays in a row undefeated. Unfortunately it isn’t providing much of a feel-good factor.......

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

15 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

IMG_2587.jpg

cracking photo. May 96

Sadly game off.

Just like in May 96 while we had been to every game that season and had season tickets we could not get through the crowds who block the way at Port Glasgow end so only seen the highlights. The boy was livid no wonder he doesn't go anymore but still talks of Rajam...

They recond 4000 where locked out that day.

Well done Gus, this thread was sadly lacking that level of wit and repartee.  
Oh it's a fantastic thread, Granny. I just came to read it after the call off, read your Morten" part, hoped you'd possibly realise your error then chuckled at your "oh I never realised" a few days later.

It's cold outside just now, Granny. Don't go wandering off out there in your jannies and getting confused...

1 minute ago, Big Gus said:

Oh it's a fantastic thread, Granny. I just came to read it after the call off, read your Morten" part, hoped you'd possibly realise your error then chuckled at your "oh I never realised" a few days later.

It's cold outside just now, Granny. Don't go wandering off out there in your jannies and getting confused...

Jannies?  Do you mean ‘jammies’?

I think you’re the one whose confused.

Edited by Granny Danger

Fair play, autocorrect. I was also struggling with a fit of the giggles and some involuntary tears of mirth reading this one through.

Still, stay safe out there.

Jannies?  Do you mean ‘jammies’?
I think you’re the one whose confused.

14 minutes ago, Big Gus said:

40980939-media_httpmsnbcmedia4_EAEnG.jpg

On 27/11/2019 at 11:54, Rudolph Hucker said:

Going by that, the temperature might drop from 1 degree to -2 between 6 am and noon on Saturday and then back to 1 degree and above in the afternoon. Not close to cold enough for long enough to freeze the turf, so the game’s in nae danger. MORTON are.

The area in front of the main stand never had a chance of thawing out, I'd recommend not using the BBC for any information including weather forecasts.

That's the second time this year the same referee has called off a United away game: he's never, in his career, officiated on the pitch at a Dundee United match.

1 hour ago, Big Gus said:

Fair play, autocorrect. I was also struggling with a fit of the giggles and some involuntary tears of mirth reading this one through.

Christ, things must be tedious and boring in Dundee. 

You should've stopped at "Fair play, autocorrect". Trying way too hard after that. 

Just now, Dele said:

Which referee is this? 

Think it's David Lowe. I'm only counting league games, he might have done one of these minor cup games I tend to ignore. 4th official that wee Robertson fell out with at the Tannadice ICT play off. Called of a Pars game earlier in the year.

Don't think you boys have had him referee a game either.