Hibs v Killie

In absolute fairness, I thought before the game that a point wouldn't be bad. The additional midweek game for Hibs I thought would cause an issue without any changes to the side.

After the game I'm thinking that was the first time that Hibs had been significantly better than Kilmarnock since Clarke took them. Dropping points is going to happen, but Hibs will finish ahead of Kilmarnock comfortably.

Lack of class in the aftermath of the game on the thread.

Hibs were quite clearly the better team for 70 minutes of that game. But fair play to Kilmarnock - they chipped away, made good substitutions and changed their shape to their advantage. With the assistance of some baffling refereeing calls, awful defending, and stupid fouls by our lot, they found a way to take a point back to Ayrshire. We rode our luck against St Mirren mid-week, so I suppose it all balances out.  

The main thing for me is that was still a good performance by Hibs.  Keep playing like that and we will comfortably be challenging Top 4 this season.  Night and day compared to Heckingbottom's Hibs.

4 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

In absolute fairness, I thought before the game that a point wouldn't be bad. The additional midweek game for Hibs I thought would cause an issue without any changes to the side.

After the game I'm thinking that was the first time that Hibs had been significantly better than Kilmarnock since Clarke took them. Dropping points is going to happen, but Hibs will finish ahead of Kilmarnock comfortably.

Sign of a good team my boy, to play badly for 60 minutes, give Hibs 2 goals of a start and come back to draw tells me that Hibs will probably not be finishing ahead of Killie. Enjoy the rest of the season under the drawmeister that is Jack Ross.

10 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Hibs were quite clearly the better team for 70 minutes of that game. But fair play to Kilmarnock - they chipped away, made good substitutions and changed their shape to their advantage. With the assistance of some baffling refereeing calls, awful defending, and stupid fouls by our lot, they found a way to take a point back to Ayrshire.

1y1b3y.jpg

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Would have taken a point before the game, as evidenced by my pre-match prediction of an away win.

As usual Hibs contrive to make it the worst type of point humanly imaginable. Dominate the first half, don't score enough and then try to settle with a 2-0 lead.

You call it seething, I call it having a sincere concern for the Scottish UEFA coefficient.

Dread to think what damage Angelo and his merry band of ageing journeymen could inflict if they fluke their way back into European football next summer. image.png.13fcd45734eaf150faee3d8c71cdfaa5.png.d089d9a3dd2d2ffeb06d948f716a6a8c.png

Nope..... still seethin 

Correct. Aberdeen, by contrast, have the textbook definition of a wee guy.
Is this the sort of top patter we can expect in the upcoming Hibs - Aberdeen thread? Glad there are midweek games to delay that happening if so.

We wouldn’t dream of trying to usurp the hibees ‘top patter’.

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Would have taken a point before the game, as evidenced by my pre-match prediction of an away win.

As usual Hibs contrive to make it the worst type of point humanly imaginable. Dominate the first half, don't score enough and then try to settle with a 2-0 lead.

You call it seething, I call it having a sincere concern for the Scottish UEFA coefficient.

Dread to think what damage Angelo and his merry band of ageing journeymen could inflict if they fluke their way back into European football next summer. image.png.13fcd45734eaf150faee3d8c71cdfaa5.png.d089d9a3dd2d2ffeb06d948f716a6a8c.png

Maybe it would be better if neither team got there. After all, Jack and his band of lower english league one and league two rejects and shitebags could have a similar damaging effect, maybe even worse. 

Edited by Ocular Patdown Required

53 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

You’re absolutely right.  We need more Ross drinking wine gifs and scheme references to address the lack of class and return to the respectful manner in which the thread was conducted before (yet another) capitulation of the hibbies.

I'm sure everyone will mark that up as some massive bottle job but that's not really how I saw the game. I posted in complimentary terms about Hibs playing on the front foot under Ross but we could have used a wee bit more caution at the end there. Pressing high up the pitch and trying to score is admirable but we had a few chances to keep the ball and kill the game off, which is disappointing.

The improvement in our general play in the short time since Ross came in is remarkable. Next step is to be a bit more savvy and manage games that we've mostly controlled. To be fair to Killie, they rallied well and had a few great chances late on, so a draw is pretty fair.

I genuinely worried about us being in a relegation battle recently so feeling disappointed about 4 points from two candidates for European football is a feeling I would've bitten your hand off for a few weeks ago.