Maryhill seeking new manager

coach

I thought a club like maryhill would want to return to we’re they once were before. It’s a shame as they are a good club
Of course they want to. Difference is they don't have someone in the background throwing thousands of pounds into the club like they did 20 years ago.

Guest Rob Roy no 1
6 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
2 hours ago, Rob Roy no 1 said:
I thought a club like maryhill would want to return to we’re they once were before. It’s a shame as they are a good club

Of course they want to. Difference is they don't have someone in the background throwing thousands of pounds into the club like they did 20 years ago.

The thing is do you have to spend thousands of pounds to get to the premier just look at rossvale I honestly don’t think they have spent thousands of pounds 

Guest Rob Roy no 1

Take David gormley for instance he’s a young manager in the game with plenty of experience playing at a good level and has good contacts which he has used to his advantage without spending a lot of money. I think maryhill should look at going down this road.

The thing is do you have to spend thousands of pounds to get to the premier just look at rossvale I honestly don’t think they have spent thousands of pounds 
A budget of 20k per year over a 40 week season is £500 per week, equivalent to 20 players on £25. I've no idea what Rossvale pay their players tbh, but that's just a quick illustration of how quickly you can rack up a wage bill.

10 hours ago, Rob Roy no 1 said:

It's called living within your means we have probably the smallest budget and squad in the Premiership with a squad of players who have been together for a few seasons now we have been blessed with 3 top young managers who have progressed our club McGinty ....Moffat and now Davie Gormley & Sean Higgins 

Guest Rob Roy no 1
7 hours ago, Valemafia said:

It's called living within your means we have probably the smallest budget and squad in the Premiership with a squad of players who have been together for a few seasons now we have been blessed with 3 top young managers who have progressed our club McGinty ....Moffat and now Davie Gormley & Sean Higgins 

That’s exactly what I’m saying your club is a credit to the juniors the way they run and how well yous are doing. Don’t think clubs need to spend thousands

That’s exactly what I’m saying your club is a credit to the juniors the way they run and how well yous are doing. Don’t think clubs need to spend thousands
See peasy23's post above. Even if Rossvale's players are on that rate they will undoubtedly be paying "thousands".

Guest Rob Roy no 1
2 minutes ago, glensmad said:
41 minutes ago, Rob Roy no 1 said:

See peasy23's post above. Even if Rossvale's players are on that rate they will undoubtedly be paying "thousands".

You are saying that maryhill don’t have sumone in the back ground pumping in thousands like before. There must be sumone there who is paying players expenses and things which if you take it to be 10 per week for a 20 man squad it still works out at thousands. I was meaning more along the lines of buy players and giving them silly money.

Ross got kello promoted on a shoe string budget, and a mean a shoe string, hes a decent manager who jumped at the chance to build his reputation at medda but it was a massive mistake on his part, medda wanted instant results where as at kello he practically had no pressure on him to go about his business, a personally think he could be a good appointment at Maryhill if the buy into his vision