Maryhill seeking new manager

coach

4 minutes ago, coach said:

Heard the Lochburn Park club are looking to appoint a new manager following Saturday's result at Port Glasgow.

Have not seen the position advertised on social media, so  can  P and B followers predict any contenders?

I predict Hillonearth coming on and giving the official word from Maryhill. Until then it's gossip.

Umm, where to start?

Yeah, we're looking for someone, but Gerry's still in the hotseat and will be until we appoint a permanent manager.

Saturday's result has no bearing as we always were looking for someone - Gerry's interim appointment has bought us some breathing space until we find a permanent manager...he made it clear that he couldn't commit to the job permanently...we respect that and thank him for stepping in temporarily.

We're talking to various parties in the next couple of weeks, and if nothing comes to pass then we'll advertise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rob Roy no 1 said:

Did the club appoint a new manager? Need to start picking up points or it could be to late 

No mate still the same as November when they were apparently looking then and didn't do anything!  Looks to me like a club very much on the slide unfortunately 

The most concerning part of this all is the lack of response from the people at the top there seems to be no response and a lack of anyone wanting to push the club forward seems like a rudderless ship that's on the verge of sinking, it doesn't take a club over 8 weeks to appoint a Permanant manager so that itself is a worry, the fans are starting to stay away due to the lack of good football and us losing games week after week and that's lost income for the club and I can't see how the club is going to come back from this, the management position should have been sorted out weeks ago in my opinion 

3 minutes ago, Rob Roy no 1 said:

I thought a club like maryhill would want to return to we’re they once were before. It’s a shame as they are a good club

Yeah I agree but it's looking quite the opposite to that if im honest 

Guest Rob Roy no 1
5 minutes ago, glensmad said:

That takes money.

I understand that Peter but I’m sure if they got a manager in with good contacts in the game then it’s a good step forward 

3 minutes ago, Rob Roy no 1 said:

Think this would be a good job for a manager who could get the best out of young players

My concern is that they have apparently been looking for a manager for over 2 months and still nothing has happened and nobody from the club has said anything different so as fans we are very much in limbo and feom what I've been told the players haven't a clue what's going on either and that itself is having a huge effect on performances and results as having uncertainty in and around the squad is having a huge negative effect but th3 club seem happy just to let this happen and for me certain relegation is looming unless they can pull there fingers out and get a manager in asap who can try and save this sinking ship, give it to someone who is hungry to succeed or make there name in the junior game and back them 100% otherwise myself and all the other fans and indeed some of the players fear the worst