Blue Story Banhammer

ICTChris

7 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Even if it is a ridiculous comparison, that doesn't mean Gnash or you or anyone else is well placed to judge that the mindset behind it is "people with a large chip on their shoulder looking for any excuse to play the race card".

The reality of being black in the UK is so different to the reality of being white in the UK. To make a statement such as that ^ is either dumb, if you fail to realise they will have been shaped by different experiences to you, or uncaring, if you don't give a f**k about that and just want to judge them according to your own perspective. 

Fine, well I will back away from the mindset comment, but stick by my right to call out the specific claim as nonsense.

1 minute ago, johnthebaptistist said:

The film's publicity team

You realise that it's not banned off the back of 1 violent incident? There have been incidents at 25 different venues. Do you genuinely believe that Andrew Onwubolu, a guy who used to be part of this gang culture and managed to get out of it and make something of himself, got his PR team together and said "round up some chavs, give them some knives at drop them off at Vue Cinemas all over England"?

2 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Even if it is a ridiculous comparison, that doesn't mean Gnash or you or anyone else is well placed to judge that the mindset behind it is "people with a large chip on their shoulder looking for any excuse to play the race card".

The reality of being black in the UK is so different to the reality of being white in the UK. To make a statement such as that ^ is either dumb, if you fail to realise they will have been shaped by different experiences to you, or uncaring, if you don't give a f**k about that and just want to judge them according to your own perspective. 

An intelligent and sensible person of any skin colour will be able to see that the comparison is ridiculous and not make such comments.  That's true regardless of the experience of black versus white people in this country (as an aside, I love the irony that you could know the reality of being black is so different to being white).  

If people are questioning the decision to stop screening the film, that's absolutely fair enough, and if line of thinking comes from a position of being on the wrong end of racial prejudice then I have a great deal of sympathy. 

Some things never change I guess. When The Warriors came out in 1979 there was loads of fights all over the place. After I saw it in the old ABC in Edinburghs Lothian Road, some twat in front of me almost took the doors off their hinges when he booted them open.

It was after watching the Truman Show that I decided to walk out into to North Sea.  Funnily enough, it was only 0.5m deep and one door was hidden behind one of the turbines out in Aberdeen Bay.  Felt like a right f***ing tit that day.   

26 minutes ago, supermik said:

Some things never change I guess. When The Warriors came out in 1979 there was loads of fights all over the place. After I saw it in the old ABC in Edinburghs Lothian Road, some twat in front of me almost took the doors off their hinges when he booted them open.

We went to see the Warriors and got knocked back for age, one got in though and did open the exits so we sneaked in. Not in Edinburgh though, I want to say The Classic in Glasgow but that might be some other story.  Pretty sure we never attacked anyone with machetes however.

1 hour ago, supermik said:

I saw predator 2 in Falkirk years ago and two boys got their spines torn clean out. 

In answer to the OP.
1. No, I have never attacked anyone in a cinema with a machete. I did once accidentally drop a Kia Ora orange and a bag of Crusader nuts on the carpet of the Kelburn cinema in Paisley. The staff weren’t happy, and suggested that I go to the Raj Indian restaurant, right around the corner from this cinema, right after the show.
2. Yes, I have banned something. Farting in the bedroom.
3. What would I like to see banned? Farting in the bed itself.

Next questions please.

Relocate your bed from wherever it is the now to the bedroom and problem solved

37 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You don't need to walk in someone's shoes to spot victim mentality a mile away.

We've been blessed with brains. We are perfectly entitled to use them.

Feel free to start any time.

2 hours ago, Gnash said:

An intelligent and sensible person of any skin colour will be able to see that the comparison is ridiculous and not make such comments.  That's true regardless of the experience of black versus white people in this country (as an aside, I love the irony that you could know the reality of being black is so different to being white).  

If people are questioning the decision to stop screening the film, that's absolutely fair enough, and if line of thinking comes from a position of being on the wrong end of racial prejudice then I have a great deal of sympathy. 

It is not about how legitimate or obvious your criticism is. It's about you presuming to know the mindset of the people saying it. 

"Large chip on their shoulder looking for any opportunity to play the race card". That's so obviously simplistic and uninformed (more obvious even than the differences between Blue Story and TDKR). Like I said, don't be a dummy...