General Election betting

tbsouth

7 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

It will be a hung parliament. A bad one at that ie. Not the sort which will allow the rainbow coalition, most likely Torys and DUP again. Another fucking waste of time.

There will probably be more non-abstentionist pro-Remain NI MPs this time so the DUP's range of influence could narrow a bit in numbers terms. Think people are being too optimistic on this hung parliament stuff. Labour have nothing like the momentum they had going into polling day in 2017 and their core demographic is the one that tends to actually show up.

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I assume the currency boys have already counted in a Tory win, so I'd be nipping in to the Post Office for a wedge tomorrow just in case it goes the other way.

€1.1865 on Revolut just now which is pretty high for recent times (since the referendum basically)

10 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There will probably be more non-abstentionist pro-Remain NI MPs this time so the DUP's range of influence could narrow a bit in numbers terms. Think people are being too optimistic on this hung parliament stuff. Labour have nothing like the momentum they had going into polling day in 2017 and their core demographic is the one that tends to actually show up.

Postal votes are well down in comparison to 2017 as well though, and that tends to be a big winner for the Tories.

I think turnout will be down across al demographics, unfortunately you're probably right to say more so in the non-tory demographics.

Big queues at London polling stations, looking bad for my low turnout bet.

P.S. Covered now for 70-75% at 18/5, dropped from 4/1 while putting bet on with Ladbrokes. And old bet for 60-65%.

So you can guarantee 65-69% at 6/4.

Edited by welshbairn

12 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, welshbairn said:
Big queues at London polling stations, looking bad for my low turnout bet.
P.S. Covered now for 70-75% at 18/5, dropped from 4/1 while putting bet on with Ladbrokes. And old bet for 60-65%.
So you can guarantee 65-69% at 6/4.

Not just London but across many of the urban areas.

Guy at polling station in Inverness said looking like 2/3rds which is usual, but a bit worrying was that 90% of postal ballots had been returned. Not sure if it's mostly the elderly or lazy youngsters that use them. The Tories have made next to zero effort here, so they must see it as safe SNP.

Edited by welshbairn

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Managed to get 10/11 on a Tory majority not long after election was called. I'll be £400 better off but still fucking miserable tomorrow.

Dirty money imo. Couldn't do it. Backed the following.

Labour holds

Kirkcaldy 2-1, Coatbridge 7-4, Cambridge 7-4 and 5-4, Reading East 4-6, Cardiff North 4-6

Labour gain

Chingford Evs

Labour over 209.5 seats 5-6

Labour over 35% 5-1

Tories 250-299 seats 18-1