General Election betting

tbsouth

15 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Wonder what odds you'd get on Johnson and Swinson both losing their seats?

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Sadly I don't think any bookies allow more than singles. 

Skybet were offering a special of 12/1 on this happening. Seems to have gone now, but you can get (amongst others) a double of Johnson and Raab to be unseated at 10/1 or a double of Swinson and Farron at 6/1.  To be found under Politics>2019 Election - RequestABet Specials. 

Odds for Lanark and Hamilton East started at roughly 5/1.

Now 5/2 and from what I’ve heard it’s still a very kind price.

I’ve put a small £5 on it but for some reason Bet365 don’t allow doubles trebles etc...

I’m sure it’s because of a betting rule but I’ve forgotten what it’s called.

2 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

I’ve put a small £5 on it but for some reason Bet365 don’t allow doubles trebles etc...

My guess is that it's because the results aren't independent of each other. Albion Rovers beating Brechin has nothing to do with Cove beating Queen's Park. But one party winning seat X against the odds means it's much more likely that they'd win similar seats against the odds. Multiply the odds across those seats and it would quickly become carnage for the bookies. So if the betting inferred Tories on 325 seats and you put a 10 seat accumulator on target seats 326 to 335, and the Tories ended up on 345, which is only 1-2% of the vote more, they would likely win all 10 - and you'd own Betfair. 

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

No sign on East Dunbartonshire on Bet365....anyone know what is going on??

Another bad night for her last night, I'd imagine it'll be one of their most heavily bet upon seats. Still showing her as 2/5 with bet365 on Oddschecker, so we'll see if there's a major movement coming. 

On 10/12/2019 at 00:58, Im_Rodger said:

It's called a related contingency Rodger.

12 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
15 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:
Odds have shortened again for the Conservatives in Lanark and Hamilton East. 
7/4 now.
Source = Oddschecker. 

They'll be miniscule amounts going on this - you, for example, putting just one bet on the Tory candidate will almost certainly force the odds in.

I doubt that Rodger's fiver has changed the price here. It's more likely that the bookies have adjusted prices across some of the marginals after the opinion polls last night.