Bonnyrigg Rose vs Clyde.

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Played against him a couple of times in staff games when he was a heidie. Amazingly when he had the ball his players were shouting ‘Mr Staite’. Of course that just made us run around shouting ‘Dick!’  As you do.

Big Dick was a fine player back then,also had guys like Hastings McCue Mcfarlane,very decent side.

42 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

If you put your strongest team out you'll probably win, but if you don't, you won't. 

Can't see us going anything other than full strength to be honest. Not that we really have the options to mix it up anyway with our squad being very thin with injuries. Real banana skin tie whoevers out there

Less worried about this now that we've got Tom Lang back. However, Bonnyrigg have a good squad. One which could hold its own in league two for sure. The boy Baur that's on loan from Hearts is a decent big defender I understand. Their captain Brown's got a good pedigree and level of experience, along with Currie and a few others I could name.

I think they'll come out the traps flying and I think we need to guard against early goals, kicking on aggressively from about the half hour mark to put it out of sight. All easier said than done of course.

Any recommendations for car parking on Saturday ? Was at the pre season game and parked on the street
Parking can be awkward immediately around the ground.

Coming in from the city bypass you might find Park Road or King George V Park a good bet. About five minutes walk from ground.

Alternatively the Sherwood Business Park South of the ground down Dundas St.

Parking can be awkward immediately around the ground.

Coming in from the city bypass you might find Park Road or King George V Park a good bet. About five minutes walk from ground.

Alternatively the Sherwood Business Park South of the ground down Dundas St.

Thanks for that

Any decent pubs within walking distance of the ground?
Rose Social Club and Calderwood at the turnstiles more or less, Anvil on High St across the Toll, The Chase up Polton St, Waverley down Dundas St. All within five minutes walk of the ground. Not great pubs, not terrible pubs either, all will do the job.

The Paper Mill and Laird & Dog in Lasswade village are both pretty good pubs, but about a mile away from the ground. Plenty buses pass which will take you up to the ground from Lasswade if the walk puts you off.

For food, I'd very much recommend Gigi's, just a couple of minutes walk down Lothian St. I go there quite a bit myself and I don't live all that close to Bonnyrigg these days. The chippy at the Toll is also pretty decent.

If you're getting train back from Eskbank after the game, there is a brewery called Cross Borders beside the station which has a tap room and usually does pizza. Opens at 2pm though so probably no good pre-game. Excellent beers and do train beers to take away. 18+ only inside only though.

7 minutes ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

Clyde fans being encouraged to congregate to the right of the dugouts... from past experiences that is just a grass slope? Is there any solid ground in that section other than grass?

Grass banking on dugout side.

bonnyrigg17.jpg

bonnyrigg18.jpg

Other side is entirely terraced and roughly divided into 3 sections - left of which is covered.

bonnyrigg25.png

bonnyrigg24.png

Both ends are partly grass and partly hard-surfaced (but not terraced) IIRC. West end has a very small shelter by the corner flag; other end is very shallow.

bonnyrigg11.jpg

bonnyrigg22.png

It should also be noted the park falls dramatically from north-west to south-east: several feet drop.

bonnyrigg26.png

9 hours ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

Clyde fans being encouraged to congregate to the right of the dugouts... from past experiences that is just a grass slope? Is there any solid ground in that section other than grass?

Think there are some concrete steps behind the goals at that end, they are quite uneven though probably best off on the grass. 

Worth saying the dugouts have been replaced with modern glass-n-airline-seats versions and a surrounding fence since those pictures, were taken although fitted within the same wall.
new-dundas-park7260l.jpg

bonnyrigg27.png

I stood on the grass bank for Bonnyrigg v Penicuik in EOSL round-robin last season (crowd 1,012) and Bonnyrigg v Buckie this season (1,693) and it was perfectly decent.