Bonnyrigg Rose vs Clyde.

Good win and well done to all involved. Yes, the pitch was $hite but it was just as bad for Bonny yet they managed to pass the ball around reasonably well first half while we struggled to string two passes together. Don't think we could have complained had it finished 0-0 but Ally Love (absolute hero) managed to smash one in and spare our blushes.

He could (and should!) have doubled our lead not long after but ended up delaying the shot, taking the ball way too wide and smacking it straight at that pot bellied p***k in the Bonnyrigg goal. Think he was amazed to be onside given his double take at the linesman. Just play to the whistle man. That said, I love Love and want to personally thank him for keeping us in this glorious competition. Could we win it for the 4th time in our history? Dare to dream!

3 hours ago, David W said:

Think they can rightly claim they should have had a penalty in stoppage time looking at Sportscene's highlights.

They can rightly f**k off...papped out the cup by the mighty Clyde. Between their fans and players they must have claimed for around 5 penalties during the match. Maybe the one near the end was a pen but if you have players throwing themselves up in the air at every opportunity and fans constantly screaming for pens, you can forgive the ref for being a wee bit cynical. 

Ally Love is fast becoming a legend. Playoff winning goal, winner in the Cup leading to hopefully a money spinning tie in the next round. And just his general all round play leading by example with the heart of a lion.

Not sure how he performed at previous clubs, but he absolutely loves the Bully Wee, no doubt about it !

17 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Genuinely can’t believe I’ve just read a Bonnyrigg fan on twitter claim the referee gave them nothing. 

Is that her that said she cant believe chrisy was spending his Saturday night arguing with a female? Does that mean it'd be ok if it was a guy he replied to?! 😂

Regardless of gender, she was talking absolute shite.

Also, it was nice to leave "Boomtown" with the win and a place in the next round despite playing quite poorly for the majority.

Dont think I've ever seen a worse park in 25 years of watching clyde. That park makes Cliftonhill look like a bowling green.

Also, I dont think it was a penalty. The ball accidentally hit Rumsby's arm after deflecting off himself. I still cant work why the ref never gave us a pen for the rugby tackle in the first half, though. 

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse