Bonnyrigg Rose vs Clyde.

Seen their ground holds 2200 and there was over 2000 on Saturday with about 300 away fans included in that.

Hopefully we get about 500 tickets as anything less than that I can see being a bit of a scramble and it would be a shame for anyone to miss out. Except @Sao Paulo. He's a p***k.

Be a proper old school cup tie at a tight ground with quite probably a full house. Looking forward to it.

Edited by C. Muir

I wouldn't describe it as a shite surface. It's maintained by professionals rather than just the committee like most non-League clubs. It cut up badly on Saturday but it had been raining heavily during the week and never stopped all day Saturday. You could hear the rain battering off the shelter during the game but there there was no standing water on the park at kickoff time. The slope is something else mind you 😂

I think the capacity is 2600 despite what's on non-League Scotland. Against Buckie they restricted sales to 1700 as it was their first game under the lights and also there was all the TV stuff to fit in. They were being ultra-cautious for that game. Against Montrose they increased it to about 2000 but there was still plenty room if you look at the highlights. Apparently Mo were given 350 tickets and the whole bottom end was reserved for them. However the segregation seemed to be relaxed on Saturday and that end was very sparse although the away support was quoted as about 280. Against Buckie segregation was strict. Before licensing I can remember 2400 against Talbot in the Junior Cup and there was plenty room.

Just my opinion, as I'm not connected with the club, but against Clyde I can see the crowd being raised to something approaching the 2600 and Clyde getting a healthy allocation but being segregated in the bottom goal and a bit round the corner, i.e. the end where Bonnyrigg's 2 goals were scored this week.

The pitch isn't great but that's no excuse and it was a very wet day, I've seen Berwick and Cowden a lot worse.

Clyde though be warned. If you put out a much changed starting line up they will do you. Bonnyrigg are very beatable but if you make the number of changes the Mo did then you'll get what you deserve - we did. In fairness I think Bonnyrigg made a couple of changes as well, Mikey Andrews wasn't in goal. 

By the way there is no seating at all at the ground even for Press guys, just a grassy bank to stand on. No disrespect to Bonnyrigg, just a fact. I was rather hoping they would get somebody like Hibs or Hearts at home and see how they coped with the situation.  

18 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

The pitch isn't great but that's no excuse and it was a very wet day, I've seen Berwick and Cowden a lot worse.

Clyde though be warned. If you put out a much changed starting line up they will do you. Bonnyrigg are very beatable but if you make the number of changes the Mo did then you'll get what you deserve - we did. In fairness I think Bonnyrigg made a couple of changes as well, Mikey Andrews wasn't in goal. 

By the way there is no seating at all at the ground even for Press guys, just a grassy bank to stand on. No disrespect to Bonnyrigg, just a fact. I was rather hoping they would get somebody like Hibs or Hearts at home and see how they coped with the situation.  

They played Hibs a few years ago and it got moved to Tynecastle. Would've been before they got floodlights installed though but imagine some extra £ played a part as they could've played it at home but kicked off earlier if they had no lights.

I can't see us making many changes. We played about the strongest that was fit and available against Stirling. If anything with the game a couple of months away we could look stronger than we have all season so far if all the injuries are cleared up by then and no new ones have surfaced.

Edited by C. Muir

2 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

They played Hibs a few years ago and it got moved to Tynecastle. Would've been before they got floodlights installed though but imagine some extra £ played a part as they could've played it at home but kicked off earlier if they had no lights.

I don't think the Hibs game had a chance of being played there. Sure it was a police decision to move it.

Delighted with the draw. It should be a cracking tie & one that we cannot afford to be complacent in. Bonnyrigg are no mugs & certainly showed that against Montrose on Saturday. Confident we will have too much for them on the day but will make for an auld fashioned Scottish cup tie in front of a large crowd. 

I would expect we would be needing at least 600 tickets which after watching the highlights from the weekend shouldn’t be a problem(?).  It looked like there was still plenty of space. 

12 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

Can you give me reasons why press guys need a seat?

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

Typing on laptops during the game - they need to file within moments of the match finishing, and some may be doing live updates. 

When you can't use a laptop you try to use an old fashioned notepad but in the pi**ing down rain with no seat or cover you couldn't even use a notepad and even using a mobile phone was dodgy.

• 2 weeks later...