Livi v Accies (Diddy Alliance pt. 2)

A nice trip through to Almondvale to see our West Lothian friends. I know it’s our turn to bend over and take the 1 goal defeat, but I don’t really think we can afford to with Celtic away next and Livi actually being catchable just now. Will a sporting 1-1 draw suit?

I’d ring in a few changes from Sunday. Stubbs for Hamilton, Martin for Hunt and Oakley from Ogkompo.

Is it still the farcical ticket operation in place?

Seven games without a win for us (since the last time we played Livi) and six for our good brothers - sadly, this is a game that both sides need to win. We've put in good performances in our last 2.5 games with two measly points to show for it, so we're either due an abominable performance or things are about to click (I think I know which one it'll be). 

I agree with Scotty's changes, although Hunt might keep his place so as to not make too many changes from a decent performance. 

We got fucked over by refereeing decisions for the Hearts and Hibs games otherwise we'd have been 4 points better off and could've afforded to give our plastic brothers the 3 points again, kinda desperate for them ourselves now though so hoping we both stick to our home win arrangement. ;)

Seriously though it looks like a big game for both clubs, a win would get us back up away from the dog fight around the bottom 2 spots, and similarly it would get Accies above us and on their way to mid table safety. Could do with Robbo starting up front with Dykes here, he's been an unused sub the last 2 games, and we'd be so much more threatening with him helping Dykes out pressing defenders. Against Sevco and Celtic their defenders were just ripping the piss out of Dykes chasing after the ball.

Similarly getting Pittman playing in a forward role again could get us goals, lets just go for it and f**k defending, 7-6 Livi win.🏏

The alliance was working well last time we met with the 1-1 score and share of the points until the incompetent whistler awarded a penalty against our goalie punching the ball clear. 

Time for a wee bit of luck going Livi's way for a change. I'll take it on Saturday. 😏

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

What is to stop me buying a concession ticket using the online thing?

The level of decency expected as part of the diddy alliance.

That plus the turnstile operator may question it and send you back round to the ticket office to purchase an adult ticket.

What's the line up for this game then, if Robbo is still not fit enough to play i'd go with Tiffoney and Dykes up front, or playing in an attacking 3 alongside Pittman and Lawless in behind Dykes.

Sarkic

McMillan         Guthrie       Lamie        Taylor-Sinclair

Bartley            Lawson

Lawless            Pittman        Tiffoney       

Dykes        

Maybe Harsh on Crawford being left out but we're at home and we need to be a lot more attacking and don't need another defensive midfielder on the pitch. Can always bring him and Keaghan on 2nd half if we manage to get ourselves a goal or two ahead, just the break up play and make sure we shitfest it out for the win.      

Sarkic, lamie, Guthrie, lithgow (if fit), McMillan, Bartley, crawford, Pittman, lawless, robbo (if fit), dykes. 

could also swap crawford for lawson, but I’m fed up with seeing Lawson starting as a left mid it makes no sense

Edited by Menga Bus

10 hours ago, Menga Bus said:

Sarkic, lamie, Guthrie, lithgow (if fit), McMillan, Bartley, crawford, Pittman, lawless, robbo (if fit), dykes. 

could also swap crawford for lawson, but I’m fed up with seeing Lawson starting as a left mid it makes no sense

Lithgow isn't fit unfortunately.

The lineup should be

Sarkic

McMillan  Lamie Guthrie Taylor-Sinclair

Bartley Crawford

Robinson Pittman  Lawless

Dykes

Bench

Stewart, Odoffin, Jacobs, Lawson, Souda, Tiffoney and bloody Erskine because we really don't have anyone else

1 hour ago, spiggle said:

Lithgow isn't fit unfortunately.

The lineup should be

Sarkic

McMillan  Lamie Guthrie Taylor-Sinclair

Bartley Crawford

Robinson Pittman  Lawless

Dykes

Bench

Stewart, Odoffin, Jacobs, Lawson, Souda, Tiffoney and bloody Erskine because we really don't have anyone else

He's been very good in his few appearances so far. Maybe one game I thought he was poor but he gives us a different option. Ran Kilmarnock ragged last season and I think one of the games against Rangers this season he was very dangerous and his close control and strength caused them all sorts of bother.

43 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

He's been very good in his few appearances so far. Maybe one game I thought he was poor but he gives us a different option. Ran Kilmarnock ragged last season and I think one of the games against Rangers this season he was very dangerous and his close control and strength caused them all sorts of bother.

He was awful coming off the bench away to Forfar. He missed an absolute howler at home to Aberdeen and was hooked at half time because he was so bad. Last season against St Mirren, he blasted one over the bar from 8 yards with an open goal in front of him.

He played well at home to St Mirren this year where he put in a lovely cross for the second goal but apart from that I've not been impressed and we've really not seen much of him since that honking miss against Aberdeen.

19 minutes ago, spiggle said:

He was awful coming off the bench away to Forfar. He missed an absolute howler at home to Aberdeen and was hooked at half time because he was so bad. Last season against St Mirren, he blasted one over the bar from 8 yards with an open goal in front of him.

He played well at home to St Mirren this year where he put in a lovely cross for the second goal but apart from that I've not been impressed and we've really not seen much of him since that honking miss against Aberdeen.

I agree he's certainly not a goalscorer but his ability to carry the ball up the park is something we don't have a lot of in the team at the moment. Think he injured himself when he missed that chance against aberdeen and that's why we haven't seen much of him. There are plenty of players i'd have in ahead of him but I like him as an option on the bench

Yeah Erskine looks decent on the ball, just terrible at finishing, looks all hunched over when he runs too, but deceptively quick and has a decent bit of stamina.

Lawson has also missed a couple of howlers, away to Killie from the 6 yard box set up on a tee for him, and again against Celtic last weekend, chances were scarce and he had a great one he blasted over the bar. Big Marv is another, although his problem is more to do with him passing when he's in a great position to shoot.

3 hours ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Looking forward to this. Been encouraged by our last 3 games and for once I believe we can match up to Livi physically. Stubbs back in along with Martin and hopefully 3pts.

Hunt has done well the last 2 games and would be harsh to drop him. Martin doesnt deserve to get straight back in after that daft sending off.