Falkirk v Stranraer, 30th November 2019

I didn't even see it coming. I heard a massive thump, looked around and there's Deccy lying at my feet about two yards away.
It's normally only women I have that effect on.... 8)

Aye, but no rohypnol involved with McManus...

9 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Have to say i feel a bit bad for Johnstone, injuries look like they've really taken their toll on him.

Hasn't shown anything positive in his limited appearances and I can't see him playing much except in games like today when the game's over.

Really can't imagine where he goes from here other than part time.

Ray did say once he is fit we have a player.....he looks like a Chris McCart on drugs when he runs.

All players have clean slate with new management for me but he showed exactly same today as he did under Ray, he runs like that's how he has to now due to injuries, pity for him but why the fuk we have him a year contract I will never know.

I said to my mate today, a player like him is maybe worth 6 month contract in the case you have reserve football, in our case he is mainly rotting away

9 hours ago, Rocco said:

I think the players are playing better as individuals on the whole, however, I think the change of formation will take time for them to link up properly as a team.

Thought Gary Miller was very good today. It's not the most rewarding job but he broke up the play well and was composed on the ball. The downside to him playing there is Gomis looks a bit out of sorts in the slightly more advanced role, which is a shame.

McManus looks like he's been rejuvenated and hopefully that continues.

Dixon's delivery was far better and the cross for the second goal was fantastic.

I honestly believe we don't have the right mix of players in the squad, which is causing issues no matter what formation we play. Personally, I'd like us to sign a LWB who plays like Tommy Robson and move Dixon back to the 3 at the back. I also think we need to add some youthful pacey attacking players into the midfield and forward lines.

I kinda agree Robson point but Dixon has had two cracking games, albeit not hitting the byline and crossing like Robson. I do feel we have plenty options in midfield 3 if we are playing 3-5-2 and we need a little rejig there to click more

9 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Macmillan is till the end of the season. No idea why he isnt on the bench before the hopeless johnstone today. Hes miles  better than him and is probably on more cash too.

Perhaps we are playing ST Johnstone on appearance money in the starting line up for McMillan would answer that, only a guess but no mention of injuries suggest something 

8 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What about that fecking clueless ref booking mcmanus after the linesman told him to go back on the park. Honestly u couldnt make it up with these clowns.

By the letter of the law, the ref was correct, the linesman has no authority to give permission to give a player to re-enter play, harsh but it's the rules

6 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

I can’t believe we’ve started a league one game with 5 defenders and a defensive midfielder on the pitch (2 if you include Gomis). Miller has done pretty well and Gomis has fallen off the boil so I’d play Tidser instead.

If you think Gomis is a defensive mid, then you can be a referee.

53 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Thought we were decent, don’t think we’re going to change the first eleven as we look far more solid as a unit.

Question is that apart from Johnstone we had half a team of subs that looked like they couldn’t be arsed. Had more than a hunch that under RM we had players who thought they were auto starters and the dummies were thrown out if not picked. If so hope M&M have identified & dealt with.

It was that cold yesterday there were over 3000 supporters that couldnt be arsed couldnt even see the flame from Ineos to suggest heat (south stand)

12 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

I can’t believe we’ve started a league one game with 5 defenders and a defensive midfielder on the pitch (2 if you include Gomis). Miller has done pretty well and Gomis has fallen off the boil so I’d play Tidser instead.

We won 3-0. Gomis has been our best player this season. 

7 hours ago, MrDust said:

Ray did say once he is fit we have a player.....he looks like a Chris McCart on drugs when he runs.

All players have clean slate with new management for me but he showed exactly same today as he did under Ray, he runs like that's how he has to now due to injuries, pity for him but why the fuk we have him a year contract I will never know.

I said to my mate today, a player like him is maybe worth 6 month contract in the case you have reserve football, in our case he is mainly rotting away

I kinda agree Robson point but Dixon has had two cracking games, albeit not hitting the byline and crossing like Robson. I do feel we have plenty options in midfield 3 if we are playing 3-5-2 and we need a little rejig there to click more

Perhaps we are playing ST Johnstone on appearance money in the starting line up for McMillan would answer that, only a guess but no mention of injuries suggest something 

By the letter of the law, the ref was correct, the linesman has no authority to give permission to give a player to re-enter play, harsh but it's the rules

If you think Gomis is a defensive mid, then you can be a referee.

Surely the sensible thing to do wouldve been for the ref to ask  the linesman if he had told him to come on and then had a quiet word with mcmanus to say next time make sure its me that gives you permission. Was a total feck up by the linesman.

14 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I rated MacMillan.
However if he did go and we got another injury surely it’s an option to push Longridge into a more elevated position?

And lose our only creative player in the middle. Macmillan has done ok. Seems crazy to me to send him back if you havent got a better replacement.  Even if u did that you would still hzve johnstone as your striker on the bench. The thought of that for another 6 months is not good.

Surely the sensible thing to do wouldve been for the ref to ask  the linesman if he had told him to come on and then had a quiet word with mcmanus to say next time make sure its me that gives you permission. Was a total feck up by the linesman.

The application was incorrect too. McManus didn’t interfere with play, therefore under the laws of the game play continues and he be sanctioned at the next stoppage in play. Only if he interferes with play do you stop immediately.

3 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

The application was incorrect too. McManus didn’t interfere with play, therefore under the laws of the game play continues and he be sanctioned at the next stoppage in play. Only if he interferes with play do you stop immediately.

Hardly any of these cretins actually know the rules. Was watching a game on the tv last week and the ref booked a player for a foul and then ushered the player injured off the park. Im sure now you dont have to leave the field if the offender is cautioned.

11 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I didn't even see it coming. I heard a massive thump, looked around and there's Deccy lying at my feet about two yards away.

That`s because of your scent. Some deo or aftershave will help😜😂😂

31 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Counted 24 stranraer fans the day. Xmas shopping must've started.

Do you blame people for not coming up for the game? I certainly wouldn't be making the journey to the Central Belt every second week and Falkirk as an away game wouldn't be near the top of my list, particularly in this weather. Well done to the 24 who did make the trip.

I get the feeling hes only still on the books as he got injured and it would look bad emptying him.
Yeh I agree that is why he got the extension, however, he may do a job. I don't know what he's like as a player so I have nothing to base this on

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The ref played it by the book tho but yep the linesman was to blame

[emoji23]