Falkirk v Stranraer, 30th November 2019

Do you blame people for not coming up for the game? I certainly wouldn't be making the journey to the Central Belt every second week and Falkirk as an away game wouldn't be near the top of my list, particularly in this weather. Well done to the 24 who did make the trip.

This, and when you consider the average attendance of Stranraer that’s about 8-10% of their average home gate making a 220 mile round trip in the build up to Xmas. Absolute respect.

39 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

This, and when you consider the average attendance of Stranraer that’s about 8-10% of their average home gate making a 220 mile round trip in the build up to Xmas. Absolute respect.

Just shows what your budgets up against though in this league.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Do you blame people for not coming up for the game? I certainly wouldn't be making the journey to the Central Belt every second week and Falkirk as an away game wouldn't be near the top of my list, particularly in this weather. Well done to the 24 who did make the trip.

I agree with you. Fair play to the 24 fans.

From an income point of view though that’s around 1/100 of the support Hibs, Hearts and Rangers were bringing not so long ago. So a huge reduction in £‘s through tickets, catering etc.

I can’t believe we’ve started a league one game with 5 defenders and a defensive midfielder on the pitch (2 if you include Gomis). Miller has done pretty well and Gomis has fallen off the boil so I’d play Tidser instead.

It's all about the mentality though isn't it? I'd rather watch a team with 5 defenders play with the mentality we had yesterday (actually pressing the ball and getting forward in numbers when we have it) than with 4 and the turgid lethargy we showed under McKinnon if we didn't score an early goal.

Having said that I think I'd rather drop one of Dixon or Doyle (probably Dixon) into the back 3 and give someone else with a bit more pace and directness a go at WB (Moore or, at the risk of being shouted at, maybe MacLean). We don't really have the squad for the system M&M want to play though so think it's just a case of making do til we can sign one or two in Jan

Jobby McCalls team, who bodied all comers including a high flying Hearts side in the cup played 3 5 2, in what remains my favourite ever season watching Falkirk. 

That is all.
This idea may not be lost on lee Miller. A system which transformed an average right back into a goalscoring machine so good the only way to stop him was to break his leg.

12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Jobby McCalls team, who bodied all comers including a high flying Hearts side in the cup played 3 5 2, in what remains my favourite ever season watching Falkirk. 

That is all.

Absolutely the best football I’ve seen us play. I’d have loved to have seen Latapy in that team. 

12 hours ago, mic_17_uk said:
17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

That is all.

This idea may not be lost on lee Miller. A system which transformed an average right back into a goalscoring machine so good the only way to stop him was to break his leg.

Miller would have played it frequently at Livi too, albeit only Lithgae and Stranraer Dixon has been taken out being the oppositions target man or simply being only a defender and has been night and day to previous performances this season.

The mid 3 and up top needs a bit work but Miller and McCracken are playing with Rays playing cards, it by far isnt a Hartley deck but there is obviously something not quite right about the squad

If I remember correctly, Scott McKenzie played sweeper excellently in the back 3. Maybe Gary Miller would suite that role being slightly smaller but more mobile than our other centre backs
He did(one of the many positions he played for us)

8 hours ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

If I remember correctly, Scott McKenzie played sweeper excellently in the back 3. Maybe Gary Miller would suite that role being slightly smaller but more mobile than our other centre backs

Yeah we had far better footballers at the back with the likes of mackenzie and david nicholls partnering hughes and two real wingbacks in mcquilken, and lawrie.  No comparison to the dross we have now.

Yeah we had far better footballers at the back with the likes of mackenzie and david nicholls partnering hughes and two real wingbacks in mcquilken, and lawrie.  No comparison to the dross we have now.

I’d dread to see the score line of the 2002/2003 squad against the current.