Falkirk v Stranraer, 30th November 2019

1 minute ago, Rocco said:

St Johnstone aren't doing great, especially in front of goal so they may be willing to give him another shot.

I think McMillan is better than DJ as well, however, it may be possible that they think they can get McMillan off the wage bill, therefore, they are willing to give DJ a chance as they know they're stick with him

If macmillan goes and we dont replace him all we would need is one injury to mcmanus or sammon and we're fecked. Johnstone will.never be good enough.

If macmillan goes and we dont replace him all we would need is one injury to mcmanus or sammon and we're fecked. Johnstone will.never be good enough.
I agree. If M&M get the gig full time then Miller could always register as a player

I agree. If M&M get the gig full time then Miller could always register as a player
As has been said in this thread though, if we strengthen the midfield and play wing backs, LL can go up front where he was better first time round. When Hartlry was playing 3 5 2 I always felt up front beside Nelson was LLs best position by a mile. When we started dropping him into the hole behind Nelson and Jak he became ineffective.

Maybe it’s just me, but I rated MacMillan.
However if he did go and we got another injury surely it’s an option to push Longridge into a more elevated position?

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We should be using Longridge as a valid option up front. We'd have been much better served today taking off Sammon, replacing him with Tidser/Telfer and pushing Longridge up alongside, or at least much closer to, McManus. He's utterly wasted in the position he's currently occupying. McMillan has done precious little to date and the writing is on the wall if Johnstone is ahead of him in the pecking order. 

As has been said in this thread though, if we strengthen the midfield and play wing backs, LL can go up front where he was better first time round. When Hartlry was playing 3 5 2 I always felt up front beside Nelson was LLs best position by a mile. When we started dropping him into the hole behind Nelson and Jak he became ineffective.

Snap!

Think M&M are having a look at the players in turn. McShane didn't look interested when he came on, barely breaking into a jog and playing the ball sideways and backwards.
Not overly fussed one way or the other for defending McShane, but it must be hard to get up for it coming on at 82 on a freezing cold day when 3-0 up.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:
Think M&M are having a look at the players in turn. McShane didn't look interested when he came on, barely breaking into a jog and playing the ball sideways and backwards.

Not overly fussed one way or the other for defending McShane, but it must be hard to get up for it coming on at 82 on a freezing cold day when 3-0 up.

He doesn't look a day over 28

Not the way I saw it. Doyle and Dixon are being used more as an attacking option than defensive. They are both playing better because of it. Gomis played well for the first 60mins but faded as he always does. Miller has been a revelation in the holding role and will improve when he gets more experience in the position. Would like to see us using Tidser as an attacking midfielder but something tells me it's an attitude problem with him.

I can’t believe we’ve started a league one game with 5 defenders and a defensive midfielder on the pitch (2 if you include Gomis). Miller has done pretty well and Gomis has fallen off the boil so I’d play Tidser instead.

His first touch and control are beyond pathetic for a professional footballer, to quote Tommy Docherty he can trap the ball further than I can kick it

Didn’t look that way down at Stranraer.
He also has a good record and habit for scoring goals. Not something that I see Denny Johnstone offering....