Falkirk v Stranraer, 30th November 2019

Can’t complete I forgot about Denny Johnstone coming in at 3-0 up against a pretty shite defence and still managing to stink the place out. He could end up being McKinnons worst signing overall for us I reckon everything he does is absolutely shite. Special mention to the time he picked up the ball wide right on the touch line at about the halfway line and attempted to run down the line with the ball and instead just hit the ball into our dugout.
Its odd that when he signed the consensus from those who have watched him over the years, and IIRC the one or two sane Morton fans, was that he was a guy who has ability, but he cant stay clear of injury....

Here we are with him staying clear of injury and looking like the Mark Durnan of forward play.

Felt, like last week, that there are minor signs of improvement today. But, none the less there is still significant work to be done.

Doyle and Durnan still looking very liable at the back. I though longridge looked like he was putting more effort in, not as many wasteful chances from him like last week.

Happy just to get three points in the league.

Its odd that when he signed the consensus from those who have watched him over the years, and IIRC the one or two sane Morton fans, was that he was a guy who has ability, but he cant stay clear of injury....

Here we are with him staying clear of injury and looking like the Mark Durnan of forward play.

He did look a decent player a few years ago but injuries have definitely ruined him now.

Durnan is quite comfortably a better player than Johnstone far better touch, better with the ball at his feet and is capable of moving with the ball. That’s probably the most damning thing I can say about him really that Mark fucking Durnan has got much more football ability than him.

Have to say i feel a bit bad for Johnstone, injuries look like they've really taken their toll on him.

Hasn't shown anything positive in his limited appearances and I can't see him playing much except in games like today when the game's over.

Really can't imagine where he goes from here other than part time.

I think the players are playing better as individuals on the whole, however, I think the change of formation will take time for them to link up properly as a team.

Thought Gary Miller was very good today. It's not the most rewarding job but he broke up the play well and was composed on the ball. The downside to him playing there is Gomis looks a bit out of sorts in the slightly more advanced role, which is a shame.

McManus looks like he's been rejuvenated and hopefully that continues.

Dixon's delivery was far better and the cross for the second goal was fantastic.

I honestly believe we don't have the right mix of players in the squad, which is causing issues no matter what formation we play. Personally, I'd like us to sign a LWB who plays like Tommy Robson and move Dixon back to the 3 at the back. I also think we need to add some youthful pacey attacking players into the midfield and forward lines.

Have to say i feel a bit bad for Johnstone, injuries look like they've really taken their toll on him.
Hasn't shown anything positive in his limited appearances and I can't see him playing much except in games like today when the game's over.
Really can't imagine where he goes from here other than part time.

He’ll get a decent part time gig when we punt him but purely on reputation rather than current ability. But he’ll be shite there as well.

Within 2 years he’ll be in the juniors imo.

I think the players are playing better as individuals on the whole, however, I think the change of formation will take time for them to link up properly as a team.

Thought Gary Miller was very good today. It's not the most rewarding job but he broke up the play well and was composed on the ball. The downside to him playing there is Gomis looks a bit out of sorts in the slightly more advanced role, which is a shame.

McManus looks like he's been rejuvenated and hopefully that continues.

Dixon's delivery was far better and the cross for the second goal was fantastic.

I honestly believe we don't have the right mix of players in the squad, which is causing issues no matter what formation we play. Personally, I'd like us to sign a LWB who plays like Tommy Robson and move Dixon back to the 3 at the back. I also think we need to add some youthful pacey attacking players into the midfield and forward lines.
Aye definitely need someone in central midfield with real attacking quality. We have plenty of sitting/defensive type guys but no one with real dynamism.

Wonder how many we can realistically bring in in January? Id go LWB and centre mid as priority. Reckon we are stuck with Durnan but would happily go Dixon Buchanan Toshney as a back 3.

Thought that there were no real stand-out performances but that Toshney, Dixon & McManus were best. Gomis was good in the 1st half but started to give the ball away when he tired. Doyle, Durnan, Buchanan & Miller were fine but I thought that Longridge was poor by his standards and, for once, probably deserved to be subbed.

Sammon really frustrated me today. I noticed an increase in effort from a few today but not from him. On maybe three occasions he put the foot down and was able to brush off defenders with ease but he didn't seem to realise that he could or should have been doing it for 90 minutes! If he had the same work rate as McManus he'd get on a hell of a lot better.

As said above, we haven't been able to find a pairing up front that can work together well and I agree with Mr Dust when he suggests that we put Longridge in there. Louis tends to want to beat a man or two before passing when he's played further back which, as seen today, often ends in the move breaking down. He'll get the ball away a lot faster if played further up-field I would say.

Special mention for Dixon though. He was really good today and certainly doesn't seem to be missing Ray too much. His crossing was a lot better and the ball in for Doyle's goal was outstanding.

Aye definitely need someone in central midfield with real attacking quality. We have plenty of sitting/defensive type guys but no one with real dynamism.

Wonder how many we can realistically bring in in January? Id go LWB and centre mid as priority. Reckon we are stuck with Durnan but would happily go Dixon Buchanan Toshney as a back 3.
If we can get Leitch, Moore and McMillan off the wage bill in January then that would hopefully allow us to bring in the 2 positions you've mentioned

Glad McManus was able to continue after his slip. That looked a sore one. Wasn’t sure if it was his neck or face that hit the board, but, could’ve been a broken tooth or nose. What I wondered, who did a risk assessment for a raised board right next to the pitch. Clearly a hazard and could’ve caused much more serious injury.
He was talking about having a sore neck after the game in hospitality and will probably have a bruse to go with it.

Just now, Rocco said:
3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If we can get Leitch, Moore and McMillan off the wage bill in January then that would hopefully allow us to bring in the 2 positions you've mentioned

I genuinely cant remember how long the loan deals are for McMillan and Moore. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Macmillan is till the end of the season. No idea why he isnt on the bench before the hopeless johnstone today. Hes miles  better than him and is probably on more cash too.

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:
30 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

McMillan is for the season, however, we could cancel it in January if all three parties agree

Likely be difficult then as St Johnstone wont want him back. Unless he can line up a gig back over the water or some such... I dont overly dislike McMillan though tbf. Odd that DJ is getting minuted before him though. 

Can’t make up my mind if it was a dreadful game, or just dreadfully cold, such that I couldn’t really enjoy the watch.

Really straightforward win after a very slow start.

Agree with most that, rather strangely, the best today were Dixon, McManus and Miller, and Gomis had a bit of an off day by his standards.

Job done today, next week away to East Fife will be a sterner test and a better opportunity to assess than today.

So far our new management team haven’t done anything wrong, so deserve nothing other than praise so far.....

Likely be difficult then as St Johnstone wont want him back. Unless he can line up a gig back over the water or some such... I dont overly dislike McMillan though tbf. Odd that DJ is getting minuted before him though. 
St Johnstone aren't doing great, especially in front of goal so they may be willing to give him another shot.

I think McMillan is better than DJ as well, however, it may be possible that they think they can get McMillan off the wage bill, therefore, they are willing to give DJ a chance as they know they're stick with him