Falkirk v Stranraer, 30th November 2019

25 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I would rather throw Miller in the sea - hopeless

Unlikely to happen given we can’t bring in a replacement and the interim managers will want to make their own assessment of the squad at their disposal.

Given that he started in their first match he appears to be in their plans for the squad at least so I doubt they will immediately bin him.

Please PM me with detailed instructions of how you managed to delete Dennon Lewis from your consciousness.

I haven’t forgotten that imposter but the big ginger gink at Stranraer looked and ran like his limbs had been put on back to front, not sure he ever came within 5 yards of the ball.

Stranraer are one of the teams that have disappointed me this season, I thought they would be better than they are, which is only very slightly better than Lithgae. As was already said, we really should have scored more goals at the away fixture, and that was with RM  at the helm.

I am sure that M&M would never underestimate any opponents, but I still fancy a win by at least two goals against a team who are shipping an average of three goals a game.

Pretty poor so far but we’re comfortably 2-0 up. Stranraer look fucking terrible again though no idea how they beat Dunfermline last week. Both goals came from cracking crosses into the box. Longridge for the first but Dixon for the second was an absolute belter of a ball in.

This games as good as over can’t see them getting back in the game but we still need to up it for the next couple of games.

Not a lot to say positively or negatively about the players but think McManus has been fantastic looks totally transformed from the player we’ve seen the last few weeks. Work rate has been fantastic and is looking after the ball much better.

I think we deserve to be ahead, cant see Stranraer keeping up the high pressing throughout the second half but they look miles better than in the away game.

Im not sure what Miller is offering us tbh, especially when we've got 3 centre halves on the pitch. Would prefer Tidser in there.

Credit where it's due, i think Dixon has been good again. Nothing coming off for Sammon so far and Doyle (goal aside) has been poor.

Mikey Doyle [emoji7]

That's been OK. Miller in midfield has looked pretty good. Loved Gomis's double pirouette. Toshney had looked solid.

My main gripe with the team is I still don't think either McManus or sammon link the play well or link with each other well. If the two of them worked together better we'd look much more dangerous.

In other news, East fife are getting pumped by airdrie. Is this them falling away now? They've had quite a few poor results of late. Raith being dominated by montrose according to BBC stats - 29% possession and no shots on goal.

Second half was a lot better imo probably the best we’ve played at home since the Dumbarton game and we really deserved a lot more than the 1 goal we got. Stranraer offered very little throughout and aside from a long range effort in the first half don’t think Mutch was tested.

I really think that from Declan McManus today was possibly the best individual performance from a Falkirk player this season. His link up play was a lot better, he still gave away a few fouls but wasn’t just looking to foul which has been the case a lot this season, always positive in his play, took the goal well but it was the defensive side of his game that impressed the most both the constant closing down from the front and dropping deep to win the ball in midfield.

As well that was Dixon’s best league game of the season by a distance. Brilliant ball in for the second goal and he was up and down all game and was unlucky not to get a few more assists as well final ball a lot better. Still think Durnan is dodgy as f**k but good header from the corner and he made a fantastic last ditch tackle with the game still 0-0.

Second half was a lot better imo probably the best we’ve played at home since the Dumbarton game and we really deserved a lot more than the 1 goal we got. Stranraer offered very little throughout and aside from a long range effort in the first half don’t think Mutch was tested.

I really think that from Declan McManus today was possibly the best individual performance from a Falkirk player this season. His link up play was a lot better, he still gave away a few fouls but wasn’t just looking to foul which has been the case a lot this season, always positive in his play, took the goal well but it was the defensive side of his game that impressed the most both the constant closing down from the front and dropping deep to win the ball in midfield.

As well that was Dixon’s best league game of the season by a distance. Brilliant ball in for the second goal and he was up and down all game and was unlucky not to get a few more assists as well final ball a lot better. Still think Durnan is dodgy as f**k but good header from the corner and he made a fantastic last ditch tackle with the game still 0-0.
Good to hear re McManus. Obviously early days in Miller and Cracks tenure but the signs are positive re McManus especially. Granted Linlithgow were shite but his application that night stood out and if its the same again today then that bodes well.

I thought we were pretty poor today and played exactly how we have been under Ray McKinnon. The 3 at the back is an absolute waste of a player in games like today. Dixon has reaped the benefits from it, who actually had a decent game today and his delivery on the whole was pretty good.

Gomis wasn’t at the races again and gave the ball away more often than not. Sammon was another who was dug meat from start to finish, although Johnstone managed to make him look a pler again during his brief cameo appearance. 

The best of the bunch for me was Gary Miller and, as Russ mentioned, Declan McManus. 

What’s going on with Tidser? We know he’s got the ability but he’s not getting a sniff at all. 

1 hour ago, mic_17_uk said:

Mikey Doyle emoji7.png

That's been OK. Miller in midfield has looked pretty good. Loved Gomis's double pirouette. Toshney had looked solid.

My main gripe with the team is I still don't think either McManus or sammon link the play well or link with each other well. If the two of them worked together better we'd look much more dangerous.

In other news, East fife are getting pumped by airdrie. Is this them falling away now? They've had quite a few poor results of late. Raith being dominated by montrose according to BBC stats - 29% possession and no shots on goal.

I said similar weeks ago, dont think any of our strikers have had that link play together that looks telepathic, its like two individuals no matter what pairing. Id be inclined to giving Longridge a shot up top with one of either Sammon or McManus as Longridge isnt doing it for me in the middle.

It wasnt pretty today but it was a safe 3pts, defence looked solid enough tho we were standing off at times but cant recall Mutch having a save to make.

All different gravy next week and week after tho

Can’t complete I forgot about Denny Johnstone coming in at 3-0 up against a pretty shite defence and still managing to stink the place out. He could end up being McKinnons worst signing overall for us I reckon everything he does is absolutely shite. Special mention to the time he picked up the ball wide right on the touch line at about the halfway line and attempted to run down the line with the ball and instead just hit the ball into our dugout.

Glad McManus was able to continue after his slip. That looked a sore one. Wasn’t sure if it was his neck or face that hit the board, but, could’ve been a broken tooth or nose. What I wondered, who did a risk assessment for a raised board right next to the pitch. Clearly a hazard and could’ve caused much more serious injury.

Glad McManus was able to continue after his slip. That looked a sore one. Wasn’t sure if it was his neck or face that hit the board, but, could’ve been a broken tooth or nose. What I wondered, who did a risk assessment for a raised board right next to the pitch. Clearly a hazard and could’ve caused much more serious injury.

He nearly took out Bainsfordbairn and all his flash gear